You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dad003

This is what I call a okay game

19 comments in this topic

Members
850 posts
10,450 battles

It sure had to be a lost , unfortunately ram out of time but was 10k away to beat my damage record , the fact I lost a turret from a shot of a Puerto Rico probably slowed me down but still

shot-19.09.22_00.27.23-0413.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

Beta Testers
3,326 posts
13,078 battles

I always find it funny seeing such a high damage game yet it is a loss, it simply shows you were only farming damage, and not playing to win, 10k damage and a win, doing what you should do, is worth more than 300 k and a loss.

• Cool 3

Members
850 posts
10,450 battles
39 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I always find it funny seeing such a high damage game yet it is a loss, it simply shows you were only farming damage, and not playing to win, 10k damage and a win, doing what you should do, is worth more than 300 k and a loss.

well i was basically holding one side by myself , other side felt , and the snowball effect  follow

[KAPPA]
Members
2,109 posts
6,989 battles

For some reason the title reminded me of the dumbest line Darth Vader ever said.

"Now this is podracing."

Completely off topic, I know, but it just made me snicker, so I felt it worth sharing.

[0456]
Members
3,342 posts
9,066 battles
2 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I get your angle but the guy could still have done everything right and stood an almost 50/50 chance of losing anyway. 

Without having seen the game- Not sure you need to be a [edited] about it. 

If he had come in with 10k and a loss I’m sure you would have had an opinion about it too. 

Sometimes a simple gg would suffice. 

Edited by _ENO_
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
3,326 posts
13,078 battles
1 hour ago, _ENO_ said:

I get your angle but the guy could still have done everything right and stood an almost 50/50 chance of losing anyway. 

Without having seen the game- Not sure you need to be a [edited] about it. 

If he had come in with 10k and a loss I’m sure you would have had an opinion about it too. 

Sometimes a simple gg would suffice. 

well if you look at the screen shot he posted it means that was all he did was farm damage, and if was a gg it would of been a win, as I said most people who get massive damage end up loosing cause they loose sight that caps are important to winning, and I am not being an azz if I am calling it like I see it, but really what does it matter, this game is either 20 min of glory, or 20 min of failure, then move along to the next 20 minutes.

People did a lot of spotting for him to get that 300k.

Edited by CriMiNaL__

[0456]
Members
3,342 posts
9,066 battles
1 minute ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I am not being an azz if I am calling it like I see it

That's it though- you didn't see it. You see some stats that could just as easily have been stapled to a win. 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
3,326 posts
13,078 battles
1 minute ago, _ENO_ said:

That's it though- you didn't see it. You see some stats that could just as easily have been stapled to a win. 

So 1 cap defence, 2 ships spotted, yet 300k damage come on, if that's not farming damage at the expense of playing the objective then I guess I am doing it wrong.

You're right tho a replay would be good to show the actual truth of how the game went.

Beta Testers
3,326 posts
13,078 battles
5 hours ago, dad003 said:

It sure had to be a lost , unfortunately ram out of time but was 10k away to beat my damage record , the fact I lost a turret from a shot of a Puerto Rico probably slowed me down but still

shot-19.09.22_00.27.23-0413.jpg

Post the replay

[0456]
Members
3,342 posts
9,066 battles
7 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

So 1 cap defence, 2 ships spotted, yet 300k damage come on, if that's not farming damage at the expense of playing the objective then I guess I am doing it wrong.

You're right tho a replay would be good to show the actual truth of how the game went.

Unless he was in naval battles trying to build up his ribbons... then a loss can still lead to a victory.

There just comes a time in game as a solo player that nothing you do matters so there's a distinct shift to... "well, I might as well farm damage." Or... "the team is hiding and I need some ribbons to reach the objective so... fire away." 

If you were in game watching it all go down and saw distinct opportunities for a guy to do something else, asked him to do something else and he said "[edited] you," then okay... if he waltzed in here in a shameless brag thread I'd be on the other side of this. 

Anyway, I'm not here to bash you or anything- just asking to lighten up on the dude. 

Edit: Holy [edited] already- just let it go. 

Edited by _ENO_

Beta Testers
3,326 posts
13,078 battles
1 minute ago, _ENO_ said:

Unless he was in naval battles trying to build up his ribbons.

Does this stop you playing the objective 

2 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

There just comes a time in game as a solo player that nothing you do matters so there's a distinct shift in... "well, I might as well farm damage." Or... "the team is hiding and I need some ribbons to reach the objective so... fire away." 

You don't get 300k in a smol without people spotting for you, and I doubt he was open water gun boating it

3 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

Anyway, I'm not here to bash you or anything- just asking to lighten up on the dude. 

I am pointing out that most the of, "I got this XXXX damage and a loss", is due to not playing the objective, what if he only had 100k damage and a win, I would say GG.

[0456]
Members
3,342 posts
9,066 battles
3 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Does this stop you playing the objective: During an obvious loss- yes

You don't get 300k in a smol without people spotting for you, and I doubt he was open water gun boating it: So? He's doing what smol does best... which sometimes is all you can do.

I am pointing out that most the of, "I got this XXXX damage and a loss", is due to not playing the objective, what if he only had 100k damage and a win, I would say GG: He wasn't complaining about how stupid his team was like most of these other brag threats... otherwise I'd be on your side.

Comments added in bold- 

I don't think we're going to meet in the middle on this- I get your angle I just don't agree with it. And that's fine but let's move on.

I'm going to go watch a video of a kitten hiccuping for the next 4 minutes... 

Edited by _ENO_
  • Boring 1

[-RNG-]
Members
217 posts
6,300 battles

Congrats. You did a lot of damage in a OP ship that takes little skill to play. I'm pretty sure I could tell my nephew who has never played wows before " hit smoke, and hold the mouse button."  Not impressed

Members
850 posts
10,450 battles
6 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Post the replay

6 hours ago, _ENO_ said:

Unless he was in naval battles trying to build up his ribbons... then a loss can still lead to a victory.

There just comes a time in game as a solo player that nothing you do matters so there's a distinct shift to... "well, I might as well farm damage." Or... "the team is hiding and I need some ribbons to reach the objective so... fire away." 

If you were in game watching it all go down and saw distinct opportunities for a guy to do something else, asked him to do something else and he said "[edited] you," then okay... if he waltzed in here in a shameless brag thread I'd be on the other side of this. 

Edit: Holy [edited] already- just let it go. 

here the replay and i was doing naval battle as well

20190922_000633_PRSC610-Smolensk_47_Sleeping_Giant.wowsreplay

[BIER]
Members
318 posts
5,161 battles
3 hours ago, Sweetsie said:

839 hits. how many shells fired?

unimpressed. not with your play but because something like this exists in this game.

Yeah, this is the problem.

There's simply no way that something like the Smolensk should EVER been introduced. It's toxic to the game, and that's saying something, considering how stupidly "balanced" it is now. Sadly, it's causing me to stop playing as a whole.

CVs were bad enough, the flood of gimmicky crappy ships every month, and now, submarines?  Talk about not having a clue as a company about how to get money out of a golden goose.

• Cool 1