You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

mxstat, where are all my logs and replays?

9 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,475 posts
4,550 battles

WGC strikes again!  I've been happily saving my logs and replays.  Then I start the game from WGC  -- maybe the second time I've done so, this time specicifally to see how the error monitor works because the game has been crashing on exit, and now sometimes at battle load -- and it ate the desktop.  Blank screen.  The OS was running underneath because I could hear system and browser events, but I couldn't even get it to shut down.  (Totally new symptom to me.)   So I did a hard reset.

When I came back in, the system was fine.  Started a new game through WGC, but all my recent preferences changes were gone - back to the 8.8.1 drop.  (Excel lost an entire evenings changes; something I've never seen it do with auto-backup enabled, but that's another story.) 

The thing is, none of this would bother me because I rely on mxstat to save off my logs and replays (Synch folders).  But mxstat has lost them!  Only two replays saved since the 8.3 drop!  and only 10 logs.

How did mxstat get crapped on, and tell me where it was supposed to save copies.  I thought is was ProgramData.  

[XBRTC]
Members
2,996 posts
9,698 battles

I'm pretty sure that it saves all its data in your game folder. For me it's d:\games\World_Of_Warships\logs and / or \mxstat.

Is your MXStat up to date? There was a problem after the most recent patch but before the newest update to MX that caused some crashing.

Now, related to your other problem... black screen, etc. I've been seeing that happen a lot more of late as well, and haven't been able to figuire out what the problem is. It doesn't only happen when I'm playing the game, but when it does, it sounds like it's the same symptoms. I can't find anything in Event Viewer that would seem to explain it, and the only thing I can do is hit the reset button.

Also, check your replays folder. If it's doing versioned replay folders (i.e., separate folders for 0.8.8, 0.8.8.1, etc) then MX will barf on it.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,475 posts
4,550 battles

0.8.125  I see there's a .126 this morning.

Nothing saved in mxstat folder.

There are versioning folders in \replays because I put them there to save my replays.  I stopped with 0.8.3 when I started relying on mxstat.  Somehow, there is now a \0.8.8.1 folder, with my two post-debacle games saved in it.  I have no idea who put them there (if it was the game client, why aren't the other 0.8.8.1 games there?), but mxstat sees them fine.

I notice that when I ran it, mxstat wanted to install "an app" in the game folder, though I did that the last time I ran.  Strange.

Also, Windows Defender has been removing the .exe because it thinks there's a virus in it.  I killed MSE and rely on Avast now; it has no problems with it.

mxstat sees 11 logs.  The dates jump suddenly from Sep.7 back to May 27, then Apr 23.  The replays saves that aren't in the versioned folders are all from March and April.  This is fricken bizarre.

Battle chat before 0.8.8.1 is missing or unintelligible.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,475 posts
4,550 battles
34 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

I'm pretty sure that it saves all its data in your game folder.

Found them.  They're in My Documents\My Games.  I knew this.  My mind is going, Dave.  I can feel it.  I can feel it.  Dave, I'm afraid.

Now to try restoring.

[XBRTC]
Members
2,996 posts
9,698 battles
Just now, iDuckman said:

Found them.  They're in My Documents\My Games.  I knew this.  My mind is going, Dave.  I can feel it.  I can feel it.  Dave, I'm afraid.

Now to try restoring.

That's an odd place?

Did you set it up to sync there or something?

[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,475 posts
4,550 battles
10 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

That's an odd place?

Did you set it up to sync there or something? 

No, it chose it itself.  It's not unusual for games to use that location. 

[XBRTC]
Members
2,996 posts
9,698 battles
Just now, iDuckman said:

No, it chose it itself.  It's not unusual for games to use that location. 

I know it's common, but I don't have anything at all in there for WoWs. Just Dawn of War II and the game whose mention here is forbidden.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,475 posts
4,550 battles
1 minute ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

the game whose mention here is forbidden

You mean [edited]?  Never heard of it.

Copied the logs, hit refresh, and they're back.  I'd copy the replays. but there seem to be a LOT of Black Swan, which I only play(ed) on the PT server.  Gotta be sure it's not synching all the clients to the same folder.  I'll report when I figure it out. 

Thanks for the help!