You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NippleSnipplez

Most insane CV bug I've ever encountered

12 comments in this topic

[LDQ]
Members
152 posts
716 battles

Link to the bug since its larger than 50mb and cant upload directly: 

I've just ran into the most insane bug I've ever seen playing CVs. I've been playing warships all day and all my games have been fine except for this one. Some background: I went into the game and the bug was immediately present rendering the game unplayable, I tried relogging, planes were literally going in circles in ways u cant maneuver them normally without me touching my keyboard and mouse. Bluetooth and stuff was turned off so it wasn't an alternate mouse or something connected. Internet connection was good and all other devices were fine but this match just was wierd. I relogged mid-match to see if it would fix this and it didn't. Apparently noone else in the match had these issues.

• Funny 1

Members
2,897 posts
10,717 battles
15 minutes ago, NippleSnipplez said:

Link to the bug since its larger than 50mb and cant upload directly: 

I've just ran into the most insane bug I've ever seen playing CVs. I've been playing warships all day and all my games have been fine except for this one. Some background: I went into the game and the bug was immediately present rendering the game unplayable, I tried relogging, planes were literally going in circles in ways u cant maneuver them normally without me touching my keyboard and mouse. Bluetooth and stuff was turned off so it wasn't an alternate mouse or something connected. Internet connection was good and all other devices were fine but this match just was wierd. I relogged mid-match to see if it would fix this and it didn't. Apparently noone else in the match had these issues.

Are you sure that isn't connection related? Your ping is spiking all over the place in that clip. 

• Cool 1

[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts

It's not a bug. Your client is de-synced.

Your ping was spiking from 70ms to 1700ms approx.

Fix your internet. You're lagging like a Mo Fo...

Edited by ElectroVeeDub

[LDQ]
Members
152 posts
716 battles
Just now, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Are you sure that isn't connection related? Your ping is spiking all over the place in that clip. 

It must be something but like I said it was just that game that spiked so oddly and connection tests + testing other devices showed that my internet was fine. I had been playing most of the day before that, and it doesn't seem like it should be a connection issue. I was flying in a straight line and it would randomly work in ways that arent possible to do intentionally.

[LDQ]
Members
152 posts
716 battles
Just now, ElectroVeeDub said:

It's not a bug. Your client is de-synced.

Your ping was spiking from 70ms to 1700ms approx.

Fix your internet. You're lagging like a [edited]...

I tried alt f4-ing the game and relaunching which didn't do anything. What do you mean by de-synced and what does that have to do with the planes moving in such a wierd way on their own?

[GWG]
Supertester
22,904 posts
12,800 battles

You had internet issues, one of the hopes for your connection has issues. About all you can do when this happens is completely disconnect from the internet and reconnect but you may run into the same bad hop.

[LDQ]
Members
152 posts
716 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

You had internet issues, one of the hopes for your connection has issues. About all you can do when this happens is completely disconnect from the internet and reconnect but you may run into the same bad hop.

Yeah it seems that way from the ping but everything was fine outside of the game.

[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts
5 hours ago, NippleSnipplez said:

I tried alt f4-ing the game and relaunching which didn't do anything. What do you mean by de-synced and what does that have to do with the planes moving in such a wierd way on their own?

Client-Server Desync is when a client (Anyone who is not hosted that is connected to a online game) falls out of sync ('Desyncs') with the server (The host of the lobby).

In layman's terms... if your ping is terrible and you're lagging... your PC thinks your planes are in sector G3... but because you're lagging and not transmitting the true location of your planes to WG's servers fast enough... the server thinks you're in G2, and causes the planes to do a circle until the location of your planes on your PC coincide with the location of the planes on WoWs  servers...

You're spinning in circles because you're lagging. The servers don't know where your planes are. CV's are very susceptible to lag.

So this means you have to start troubleshooting why you're lagging, and the source is most likely at home with your PC or router, possibly your ISP.

[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,650 posts
7,296 battles
11 hours ago, NippleSnipplez said:

Yeah it seems that way from the ping but everything was fine outside of the game.

Well I sure wouldn't like to see my YouTube videos run around in circles when I have internet issues.

[LDQ]
Members
152 posts
716 battles
10 hours ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

Client-Server Desync is when a client (Anyone who is not hosted that is connected to a online game) falls out of sync ('Desyncs') with the server (The host of the lobby).

In layman's terms... if your ping is terrible and you're lagging... your PC thinks your planes are in sector G3... but because you're lagging and not transmitting the true location of your planes to WG's servers fast enough... the server thinks you're in G2, and causes the planes to do a circle until the location of your planes on your PC coincide with the location of the planes on WoWs  servers...

You're spinning in circles because you're lagging. The servers don't know where your planes are. CV's are very susceptible to lag.

So this means you have to start troubleshooting why you're lagging, and the source is most likely at home with your PC or router, possibly your ISP.

Ah alright, makes sense thanks. Just thought I should post it since it was so bizarre. After that match all other matches went fine.

[LDQ]
Members
152 posts
716 battles
5 hours ago, Halli_SPARTA said:

You should reboot your modem. Yeah I know 11 hours ago.

After that match any matches I played went fine, thanks for the help tho if it happens again I'll try it lol.