Jump to content
LeaderOrder

Z-39: A surprising underdog in Narai?

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

11
[-DTS-]
Members
30 posts
4,898 battles

 

(Yes i know it's a 6 month old video but for recent Narai games I've played, I've almost never seen anyone bring out a Z-39, so I thought I'd...pique some interest)

 

So the common conception (or, a better word, misconception) amongst players are that DDs are basically the most niche role to perform (and therefore least likely to contribute) which is basically torping the Missouri (which can be done if a BB can get to the sides and farm citadels/full pens off it) and torping the bottleneck where ships would usually have to go through to get into the main objective area (which also can be done by BBs turning left to get to a free shooting range on the left).

Subjectively comparing Leberecht Maass with Z-39, Maass can put out much more DPM as compared to Z-39 due to having more guns and having a much higher RoF, and basically has everything Z-39 has except armour (which, although a slight increment, can save u in certain situations), but who wouldn't be interested in 15 cm guns on a DD

 

@SireneRacker how's that for solo-ing objective in a more mediocre ship than Abruzzi :Smile_sceptic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
315
[-BRS-]
Members
1,266 posts
17,706 battles

I've made many videos already that showed destroyers can do so much more than torpedoing the Missouri in Narai. This is the video specifically for just the destroyer strategy. The Z-39 is an ok pick for Narai, but there are other better picks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11
[-DTS-]
Members
30 posts
4,898 battles

 

16 minutes ago, Lightninger said:

The Z-39 is an ok pick for Narai, but there are other better picks

Sure there are better picks

 

But I'm not looking for better picks

I'm looking for unique ships to play so it doesn't matter if it's "better" or not

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
315
[-BRS-]
Members
1,266 posts
17,706 battles
1 hour ago, LeaderOrder said:

 

Sure there are better picks

 

But I'm not looking for better picks

I'm looking for unique ships to play so it doesn't matter if it's "better" or not

Depends on your purpose. If you are picking a ship for say a 4 ship Narai division. Z-39 is not something you would prefer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11
[-DTS-]
Members
30 posts
4,898 battles
40 minutes ago, Lightninger said:

If you are picking a ship for say a 4 ship Narai division. Z-39 is not something you would prefer.

I know

That's why i only play DDs with, minimally, a 6 man team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,120
[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,902 posts
7,831 battles
3 hours ago, LeaderOrder said:

@SireneRacker how's that for solo-ing objective in a more mediocre ship than Abruzzi :Smile_sceptic:

I knew that it would take a proper ship to make you lose your nasty habits of farming like a potat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11
[-DTS-]
Members
30 posts
4,898 battles
43 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

I knew that it would take a proper ship to make you lose your nasty habits of farming like a potat. 

What else was I supposed to do with a terrible 9 second reload and turret traverse on poi~ bote:cap_old:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,120
[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,902 posts
7,831 battles
1 hour ago, LeaderOrder said:

What else was I supposed to do with a terrible 9 second reload and turret traverse on poi~ bote:cap_old:

Play a different ship

E755BD40-FAA2-446D-9E01-ACB9518DFE19.jpeg.a102e9f5bc88ee600dc0a2ad7f60de4d.jpeg

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11
[-DTS-]
Members
30 posts
4,898 battles
53 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

Play a different ship

Never

Playing a totally weeb but lousy version of a tech tree bote > Playing a gud ship

image0-77.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
738
[EQRN]
Members
1,608 posts
13,436 battles
On 9/22/2019 at 12:36 AM, Lightninger said:

Depends on your purpose. If you are picking a ship for say a 4 ship Narai division. Z-39 is not something you would prefer.

5 star Narai with 4 ships total?  Have a video of that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
315
[-BRS-]
Members
1,266 posts
17,706 battles
13 hours ago, FrodoFraggin said:

5 star Narai with 4 ships total?  Have a video of that?

Correct, Narai with 4 ships total, and not only do I have a video, I have three perspectives of the same game currently on the playlist on my YouTube channel. The last replay wasn't sent to me. This set of replays was during the stages where we were experimenting and trying it out.

Playlist link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL85RK0VDrsbGNofkSRP_0AGbOtAK2N_Hc

I have a new set of replays to record later, and this time will be all four perspectives.

Edited by Lightninger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
738
[EQRN]
Members
1,608 posts
13,436 battles
15 hours ago, Lightninger said:

Correct, Narai with 4 ships total, and not only do I have a video, I have three perspectives of the same game currently on the playlist on my YouTube channel. The last replay wasn't sent to me. This set of replays was during the stages where we were experimenting and trying it out.

Playlist link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL85RK0VDrsbGNofkSRP_0AGbOtAK2N_Hc

I have a new set of replays to record later, and this time will be all four perspectives.

I just watched the Leningrad one -holy crap.  I mean... holy crap.  You and your friends are gods amongst  the rest of us scum sucking, proto-brained knuckle draggers.  I’m not sure I ever want to try Narai knowing there’s a good chance 7 of us might not even pull a 3 or 4 star off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
315
[-BRS-]
Members
1,266 posts
17,706 battles
5 hours ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I just watched the Leningrad one -holy crap.  I mean... holy crap.  You and your friends are gods amongst  the rest of us scum sucking, proto-brained knuckle draggers.  I’m not sure I ever want to try Narai knowing there’s a good chance 7 of us might not even pull a 3 or 4 star off.

Only a select few of the Hoperations group have interest in doing 4 ship as it can be rather risky but we do regularly run 5 and 6 ship divisions in Narai. To do just 4 ships, the factors involved involve first knowing the Scenario really well like you can predict everything, having the right ships, and the knowing how to run the ship you are using. I make my videos to try and help teach what you need to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,877 posts
3,286 battles
16 hours ago, Lightninger said:

Only a select few of the Hoperations group have interest in doing 4 ship as it can be rather risky but we do regularly run 5 and 6 ship divisions in Narai. To do just 4 ships, the factors involved involve first knowing the Scenario really well like you can predict everything, having the right ships, and the knowing how to run the ship you are using. I make my videos to try and help teach what you need to know.

I think 6 is pretty safe even with pugs as long as they know what they're doing. I've had pug groups organized in the operations channel that did 5-ship divisions in Narai quite successfully, but I'd be lying if I said that was common. There's always That Guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×