You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Is there ANY Way to get around this?

22 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
887 posts

SO I Xped my way to the VLADIVOSTOK With a 190K Left over.  I can buy it now for 9.9 M Creds but I don't want to.   I have the T8 Lenin ( premium )  for that job and all reviews say having both is really a redundant waste.     So here is what I see.

I can FREEXP Past it but that eats 52k MORE because you have to research the B hull before you can move to the SOV SOYUZ T9.

Once you get past the VLADI it is STILL  180K to research the SOV and that is the base before you try any upgrades.

I have 711k fxp but I am saving it for a FXP ship.   

This is REALLY expensive just to get by a single hull so I can move to the next tier when I have a Premium at that level.  Of course I have all that leftover XP from the SINOP when I researched The VLADI but WG makes THAT USELESS for modules and Hulls???  

SO As I see it I'm Stuck... Spend all my hard earned FXP and to research a B hull I do not want or need because I have the Premium at that Tier JUST so I can THEN spend again to finally get what I want. 

If this is correct i'm feeling a bit tricked...  Damned if you do Damned if you don't...

• Boring 4

Members
1,072 posts
4 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

If this is correct i'm feeling a bit tricked...  Damned if you do Damned if you don't...

Do your research before pulling the trigger on stuff.

It's not really set up to make it really easy/cheap to FXP higher tier ships, either.

No one is tricking you, you just have to pay attention.  Play the ship a bit, that extra hull won't take long to get...

• Cool 1

[VETSN]
Members
943 posts
6,818 battles

Just play the ship? We’re getting free flags up to our eye balls, just grind it out.  Vlad is a stout ship, and Sov Soyuz is inconsistent.  Save your free XP and just play.

• Cool 1

[GOB]
Members
887 posts
10 minutes ago, agm114r said:

Do your research before pulling the trigger on stuff.

It's not really set up to make it really easy/cheap to FXP higher tier ships, either.

No one is tricking you, you just have to pay attention.  Play the ship a bit, that extra hull won't take long to get...

yeah.. I know but didn't really want to part with the 9M Credits and 300Dubs for the port...  SO much for being cheap right??  Really it's the 300Dubs for a place to park it as the cherry on top is prob why it stings...  ..

• Boring 1

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
1,774 posts
9,528 battles
3 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

yeah.. I know but didn't really want to part with the 9M Credits and 300Dubs for the port...  SO much for being cheap right??  Really it's the 300Dubs for a place to park it as the cherry on top is prob why it stings...  ..

If you're grinding your way up the line, why not sell the Sinop?  Unless you intend to keep her for ranked or for fun.

[GOB]
Members
887 posts
7 minutes ago, Kenjister said:

If you're grinding your way up the line, why not sell the Sinop?  Unless you intend to keep her for ranked or for fun.

SINOP is a secret MASS Credit printer in OPS..  I regularly get 200K++ Plus Damage rounds in her.

• Boring 1

[PN]
Beta Testers
8,126 posts
19,914 battles
28 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

I have the T8 Lenin ( premium )  for that job

Then play the Lenin to get the Free XP to pass the Vlad and get the Sov Soyus. Or do the more reasonable and play the Vlad get ship xp and free xp both to complete it and then get the tier 9.

[SOFOP]
Members
1,582 posts
10,476 battles

While I sort of agree that the xp earned on a premium ship should be able to be used towards the xp requirements of leveling for that countries tech tree ship, it would probably be bad overall.  You would just have a bunch of people skipping half or more of every tree by buying a premium.

As it stands yea...your stuck.  Vlad is a good boat though, even uptiered.  So it's not the worst thing.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,018 posts
17,121 battles

The Vlad is fun to play.

Save your FEXP for getting past the POS the Soviet Soyez is....

The Kremlin is well worth it.....

I WANT MY KREMLIN BACK!!!

The RB KGB stole it from me....

lol

Currently have 45k towards tier 9 and using b-hull with stock range modoule. 

[-ARP-]
Members
712 posts
14,334 battles

Lol play the game, this isn't a race. Kremlin is getting nerfed in 30 days, so you're rushing into a nerf phase of for RU BB.

Edited by Cit_the_bed

[SEC_8]
Members
113 posts
20,165 battles
4 hours ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Lol play the game, this isn't a race. Kremlin is getting nerfed in 30 days, so you're rushing into a nerf phase of for RU BB.

Kremlin is getting nerfed?! I didn't hear about any nerfs on this ship? Can you share details because I was about to buy it in he arsenal for doubloons.

Edited by Petrishnikov
Typo
  • Confused 1

[0456]
Members
3,342 posts
9,066 battles
5 hours ago, Petrishnikov said:

Kremlin is getting nerfed?! I didn't hear about any nerfs on this ship? Can you share details because I was about to buy it in he arsenal for doubloons.

Yes... it's overperforming in the hands of the game's top 1% of players so obviously deliberate and severe nerfs are inevitable. 

Edited by _ENO_

[SEC_8]
Members
113 posts
20,165 battles
1 minute ago, _ENO_ said:

Yes... it's overperforming in the hands of the game's top 1% of players so obviously deliberate and severe nerfs are inevitable. 

Thanks for the info... Purchase on hold WG 

[0456]
Members
3,342 posts
9,066 battles
2 minutes ago, Petrishnikov said:

Thanks for the info... Purchase on hold WG 

I'm overstating the point a little bit- but yes nerfs were alluded to in the stream as mentioned which could be entirely significant or irrelevant. WG has demonstrated absolutely no consistency in their application of nerfs and buffs and seem to focus more on spreadsheets and people who don't play the game for implementing changes.

If you're happy holding off then great but you're already almost done the line so slamming the gate now may not help since the horse already ran off. 

Edited by _ENO_

[SEC_8]
Members
113 posts
20,165 battles
5 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

I'm overstating the point a little bit- but yes nerfs were alluded to in the stream as mentioned which could be entirely significant or irrelevant. WG has demonstrated absolutely no consistency in their application of nerfs and buffs and seem to focus more on spreadsheets and people who don't play the game for implementing changes.

If you're happy holding off then great but you're already almost done the line so slamming the gate now may not help since the horse already ran off. 

Well, I have the Russian BB line all the way to 10. I was looking at the Kremlin as a captain (re)trainer. But seeing as they keep applying indiscriminant nerf bars to premium ships I will probably pass. Thank you for the insight

[0456]
Members
3,342 posts
9,066 battles
1 minute ago, Petrishnikov said:

Well, I have the Russian BB line all the way to 10. I was looking at the Kremlin as a captain (re)trainer. But seeing as they keep applying indiscriminant nerf bars to premium ships I will probably pass. Thank you for the insight

Uh... Kremlin is the tech tree Tier 10.

Edited by _ENO_

[GONE]
Members
59 posts
4,335 battles

yeup!!!! it sucks when you want a nice, Higher T9 or 10 ship but it costs. if you don't want to spend 9K credits,, find something to sell you no longer play,, sense most of the missions and such can be completed with T5 or higher,, sell a T2-4 ship. do you have any camo that you will never use,, Like those that only gives you 3, 4% detection? sell them! I never need a camo that only gives me 3 to 4% of detection with nothing else included. You will soon see after you sell stuff  it adds up quick.

[SEC_8]
Members
113 posts
20,165 battles
Just now, _ENO_ said:

Uh... Kremlin is the Tier 10.

Oops, I was thinking of the Lenin... Purchase reenabled!!! (Boy do I look silly) :cap_book:

[0456]
Members
3,342 posts
9,066 battles
13 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

What EXACTLY are you feeling tricked about? 

The process hasn't changed in years and all the information you needed to make good decisions freely available. If you weren't certain you could have asked in the forums or ANY other social media outlet where literally thousands of people would have had a chance to help. 

How is WG at all responsible for you cutting corners without actually knowing what you were doing? 

That's like "feeling tricked" by Trojan because a condom broke after you used it 3 times. You made the decision without doing the research first and now you have to live with it.