You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
henrychenhenry

Two Brothers, Epicenter, Clan Brawl is NOT a good map/mode combination

33 comments in this topic

[NSC]
Members
1,744 posts

Here's how things will work (remember: Clan Brawl is 3 v 3!):

There are three rings, so the destroyer will enter the inner ring (in the middle of the two big islands). Cruiser will enter middle ring, and battleship will enter largest ring.

Both teams will do this to prevent the other from capping. Point accumulation is actually pretty fast (3 points, 5 points, and 7 points every 3 seconds), so it is important to prevent the opposing team from capping.

Both teams will sit and wait for 15 minutes.

There are 3 attack routes, go to the left or right of the islands, or sail down the middle. Needless to say, the BB, CA, and DD are already covering the middle because they need to prevent opposing team from capping. So, only viable route is left or right.

It takes a long time for the BB and CA to sail left/right to the other team's spawn area. (DD needs to stay in mid).

Most teams won't attack and will stall the caps. This leads to stagnant play.

Image as illustration:

image.png.8be07c8c1305ee0aab27a1ef65c22b6c.png

Notice how you need to not let enemy get cap. You can't do that when you attack. Going through mid means all 3 enemy ship's guns on you.

Edited by henrychenhenry
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[NSC]
Members
1,744 posts
1 minute ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

Or your team can go [edited] someone up and win.  Fortune favors the bold.

Yeah, the BB and CA can go around to the enemy spawn.

This is ~5 minutes of doing nothing though.

[CUTER]
Members
3,131 posts
12,643 battles
Just now, henrychenhenry said:

Yeah, the BB and CA can go around to the enemy spawn.

This is ~5 minutes of doing nothing though.

Let them flip the middle cap if they are dumb enough to lock a ship in there that long.  Kills matter more than even 5 minutes of points ticking on a single ring.

[NSC]
Members
1,744 posts
Just now, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

Let them flip the middle cap if they are dumb enough to lock a ship in there that long.  Kills matter more than even 5 minutes of points ticking on a single ring.

That will give them a 500 point leg up. Both teams start with 450 points. Seems very dangerous to me.

And once the enemy CA caps mid, he/she is free to move about.

Basically, if you move enemy gets the advantage. It is hard to get the advantage back, once lost.

Alternative is, DD and CA camp their respective rings. BB move around. Is this BB going to beat the enemy BB + CA still at spawn? Or, BB move around, when BB in position CA and DD push up.

This map just seems like little/no strategy to me. (My opinion of course/)

[WOLFC]
Members
2,099 posts
12,017 battles
33 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

Point accumulation is actually pretty fast (3 points, 5 points, and 7 points every 3 seconds), so it is important to prevent the opposing team from capping.

All cap values are the same now ... 5 points for every 5 seconds.  I was wondering if they would do Epicenter on Two Brothers ... now we know.

EMode.jpg

[NSC]
Members
1,744 posts
2 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

All cap values are the same now ... 5 points for every 5 seconds.  I was wondering if they would do Epicenter on Two Brothers ... now we know.

EMode.jpg

I will take a screenshot for you, it is 5 points every 5 seconds for Epicenter in random battles.

In Clan Brawl, it is still 3/5/7. Maybe they forgot to update the values for this mode.

In either case, cap securing and cap denial is essential.

Edited by henrychenhenry

[WOLFC]
Members
2,099 posts
12,017 battles
1 minute ago, henrychenhenry said:

I will take a screenshot for you, it is 5 points every 5 seconds for Epicenter in random battles.

In Clan Brawl, it is still 3/5/7. Maybe they forgot to update the values for this mode.

In either case, cap securing and cap denial is essential.

Ah, ok.  Screenshot is not necessary ... I believe you if you say that's what it is.  Just thought you may not have been aware of the change.

[NSC]
Members
1,744 posts
2 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

Ah, ok.  Screenshot is not necessary ... I believe you if you say that's what it is.  Just thought you may not have been aware of the change.

Thank you!

I will still post a screenshot when I get back to that mode.

• Cool 1

[SCREW]
Members
656 posts
7,145 battles
43 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

Notice how you need to not let enemy get cap. You can't do that when you attack. Going through mid means all 3 enemy ship's guns on you.

Just let em have the middle cap and push the rest of their team, OR crush the ship that goes to cap the middle, either way the other 2 caps are easy enough to contest.

[HINON]
Members
11,937 posts
42 minutes ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

Or your team can go [edited] someone up and win.  Fortune favors the bold.

Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!

[NSC]
Members
1,744 posts
1 minute ago, Sethanas said:

Just let em have the middle cap and push the rest of their team, OR crush the ship that goes to cap the middle, either way the other 2 caps are easy enough to contest.

Can you elaborate slightly?

7 points/3 seconds is a huge benefit to the enemy team. Also, stalling mid does not equal death. Ships can hide in the area I circled in red. This is out of LOS of the opposing team.

image.png.da6de8e599c3b8d23d9c6502f398cfc4.png

[KSE]
Beta Testers
1,564 posts
14,682 battles

It's ez mode, we have won that map 6 times in a row so far.  Pick the right ships and you can play it however you like.   Hopefully, we run into your clan tonight on this map and you can see how we do it.

[HINON]
Members
1,584 posts
17,267 battles

This map combo is so silly. :fish_haloween:

[NSC]
Members
1,744 posts
24 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

It's ez mode, we have won that map 6 times in a row so far.  Pick the right ships and you can play it however you like.   Hopefully, we run into your clan tonight on this map and you can see how we do it.

Would be great to learn how you guys do it! I assume torp DDs are a no no?

21 minutes ago, Jnobsire said:

This map combo is so silly. :fish_haloween:

Yep, I agree.

[INTEL]
Members
11,345 posts
31,808 battles

They might be testing this idea for deployment in Randoms. With larger teams it would have more interesting outcomes.

[NSC]
Members
1,744 posts
15 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

They might be testing this idea for deployment in Randoms. With larger teams it would have more interesting outcomes.

This makes sense. With more than 3 vs. 3, there won't be the problem I see.

[ICBM]
Members
653 posts
14,519 battles

Actually brings some fun back to the game...

I am thoroughly enjoying it...

• Cool 1

[WAG]
Members
1,860 posts
11,039 battles
3 hours ago, henrychenhenry said:

Most teams won't attack and will stall the caps. This leads to stagnant play.

You are narrowing your options to much...

This mode of play is brilliant and results in battles that require  some tactics, taking chances, ....

my squad went 6w/1l and had two battles on TwoBros and we played chess and won both...

( I'll say it again... I had more fun tonight than I have had in a couple of years playing WoWS)

[KSE]
Beta Testers
1,564 posts
14,682 battles

Yeah, the division I was in tonight managed to knock out 23 battles and went 17-6.  It was quick enough that you could shake off a loss and move on, but battles were long enough to think and use some tactics to win.

[NSC]
Members
1,744 posts
Just now, BiggieD61 said:

Yeah, the division I was in tonight managed to knock out 23 battles and went 17-6.  It was quick enough that you could shake off a loss and move on, but battles were long enough to think and use some tactics to win.

Great to hear! I really do have to learn the Two Brothers, Epicenter tactic from you.

[SALVO]
Members
22,923 posts
23,472 battles
1 hour ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

I love it. I wish they'd add it as a random mode, maybe with an Ocean-level frequency. 

Meh.  I think that Strait would be a better choice for Epicenter than Two Brothers.

Heck, OCEAN would be a better choice for Epicenter than Two Brothers!