You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Citadel

There is something wrong with the Colbert

13 comments in this topic

[NH]
Members
930 posts

Every game is similar to this. Its not the fire demon its supposed to be. I'm not a rocket surgeon but this doesn't seem right.

image.thumb.png.7725a68148f3e3b67094ee6c084761e8.pngNote: image is 5120x1440 soory

Edited by Dr_Citadel

[HINON]
Supertester
22,104 posts
15,932 battles

Fire resistance and anti-DOT builds are a thing that exist.

Members
850 posts
10,431 battles

Things I noticed with mine is I can have more shell hits than smolensk but twice less fire rarely ever had more than 10 fire with nearly 1k hit

[-K-]
Members
7,298 posts
12,009 battles

Am I supposed to feel bad for you in a Colbert?

Edited by Ace_04

[WOLFB]
Members
3,005 posts
12,593 battles

Throw more shells.

Fire is RNG, even the best fire starter in the game can struggle when RNG decides to mess with you. Even in Smolensk, sometime I start 2 fire on someone, repair, light another 2, then next game I need to land almost 100 shell to start 1 fire.

[NH]
Members
930 posts
15 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Throw more shells.

Fire is RNG, even the best fire starter in the game can struggle when RNG decides to mess with you. Even in Smolensk, sometime I start 2 fire on someone, repair, light another 2, then next game I need to land almost 100 shell to start 1 fire.

Problem is i lit 2 and then never lit anymore. I just got smolensk and it lights fire so much better. Its like on Colbert the stats lie.

[RKN]
Members
328 posts
10,811 battles

Colbert was never as strong as everyone thought it would be, I could see from the start that this ship was being heavily overblown and it would not be as strong as everyone was making it out to be. If one was of a conspiratorial mindset, one might thing WG purposefully over blew the power of Colbert so they could slip in the really OP game breaking ship Smolensk without anyone noticing.

Edited by MutsuKaiNi

Beta Testers
1,310 posts
7,070 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

Am I supposed to feel bad for you in a Colbert?

What people think the Colbert is capable of was probably pre-nerf. It doesn't seem to set many fires at all now, not to mention a HUGE amount of shells shatter, even with IFHE.

The OP is correct, it really does feel like something is wrong with it. It doesn't seem anywhere near as capable as starting fires or racking up damage as people think. 

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,108 posts
10,577 battles
7 hours ago, Dr_Citadel said:

Every game is similar to this. Its not the fire demon its supposed to be. I'm not a rocket surgeon but this doesn't seem right.

image.thumb.png.7725a68148f3e3b67094ee6c084761e8.pngNote: image is 5120x1440 soory

Where u hit the ship and whether or not there's already fires burning on those ships has allot to do with it.

This happens allot when your competing with other HE spamming ships. Especially ships with higher fire chances and blast radius. Sometimes its simply  better to use AP.

Edited by Crokodone

[WOLF3]
Members
22,410 posts
20,527 battles

That's because Fire is still RNG. 

I used to get lots of games with Atlanta spamming her 127mm guns getting 400, 500 hits and only get something like 2 fires.

Colbert has a base 7% fire chance.  If you took IFHE, that chance gets reduced by 3%.  Even if you took DE to try to offset that, you're still losing 1% fire chance.

Not to mention Battleship Survival Builds have been quite popular for a long time, further reducing your chances.

Even with Conqueror and her 419mm Hellfire x12 salvos, I have had plenty of games with lots of hits and maybe 2 fires.  It's all RNG.

[ARGSY]
Members
15,091 posts
9,835 battles
10 hours ago, MutsuKaiNi said:

one was of a conspiratorial mindset, one might thing WG purposefully over blew the power of Colbert so they could slip in the really OP game breaking ship Smolensk without anyone noticing.

I was never impressed with what I saw of Colbert from the start. The thing that impressed everybody was the massive rainbows of fire she could spit out, but in no stream I ever watched did she seem to have the impact on target that Smolensk did.

IMHO:

Everyone raving about how stupid the RB is because it gave us the overpowered French BBQ is wrong.

Everybody who blew a big hunk of money to convert FXP and RB their way to this ship only to be disappointed is being punished for their greed and impatience.

As for Smolensk being OP, she's got the least durability of any cruiser at T10, and a good AP salvo from a heavy cruiser or battleship will end you.

[FORM]
Members
935 posts
8,296 battles
12 hours ago, Dr_Citadel said:

Almost never see it now that the Smolensk does everything the Colbert does, but does it better... and with smoke!