You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Mfezi

Ark Royal

12 comments in this topic

Members
95 posts
8,742 battles

Missed a few days of WoWS and come back to find an Ark Royal parked amongst my fleet. Is this a rental?

I'm almost tempted to try it out!.... :)

[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts
2 minutes ago, Mfezi said:

Missed a few days of WoWS and come back to find an Ark Royal parked amongst my fleet. Is this a rental?

Uhhh... I doubt it's a rental...

Did you enter into any contests or open any Unsinkable Sam containers?

[ARS]
Beta Testers
3,462 posts
3,415 battles
2 minutes ago, Mfezi said:

How many days?  Did you maybe open an Unsinkable Sam container or three and then play some more?  You can get a mission to get Ark Royal that way and then if you completed it happenstance without noticing you had it Ark Royal could have shown up surprise like.

Members
95 posts
8,742 battles

I really have no idea. Got a bunch of containers three or four days ago, but didn't notice anything special. Always have a long list of missions which I plough through slowly and never register what rewards they offer.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,696 posts

It just hit the shop and is a new ship, I really doubt they are doing free rentals already.  If it is a trial/rental, it will have a clock on it with a "time left" indication. It probably game out of a free crate and you didn't notice.

[PVE]
Members
18,479 posts
11,428 battles
11 minutes ago, Mfezi said:

I really have no idea. Got a bunch of containers three or four days ago, but didn't notice anything special. Always have a long list of missions which I plough through slowly and never register what rewards they offer.

You almost certainly got an Ark Royal mission from a Sam container and completed it. Those kind of missions are like 5-10k base XP so are easy to complete.

Members
95 posts
8,742 battles

OK, no clock so it's not a rental. Must have won it through a hard-fought mission so I will not look a gift horse in the mouth!.

Teams will just have to suffer while I learn how to use it!.... :)

[G0ATS]
Members
305 posts
6,754 battles
1 hour ago, Mfezi said:

with the free sam boxes some people got bismarck mission, i am assuming you got the ark royal mission.

i guess since ya got it for free its ok, but players who purchased the Ark Royal are having buyers remorse.  Tier 6 carrier that has tier 4 and 5 planes that are really slow that will have to fight tier 7 and 8 ships with tier 7 and 8 anti air.  Also dive bombers and rocket planes have 18mm pen so tier 8 bb will be immune cuz you need 19mm pen to pen their decks.

Essentially its a tier 4 carrier at tier 6 with tier 4 and 5 planes.  Having a gimmick of 18 slow fragile planes as compensation that drop 36 bombs in a divve bomber squadron.  So against DD its ok doing 3-4k damage a drop, but against good anti air ships they will shred your planes leaving you with 3 after the first strike run, and against higher tier bb or ships with good deck armor your only option is the torpedos, and with slow planes very little of your squadron will survive the first strike run.

[PVE]
Members
18,479 posts
11,428 battles
14 minutes ago, Mfezi said:

OK, no clock so it's not a rental. Must have won it through a hard-fought mission so I will not look a gift horse in the mouth!.

Teams will just have to suffer while I learn how to use it!.... :)

Come to co-op to get the basics down and practice. We won't berate you. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,072 posts
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

You almost certainly got an Ark Royal mission from a Sam container and completed it. Those kind of missions are like 5-10k base XP so are easy to complete.

Even easier.  I didn't get Ark Royal mission, but I got the Bismarck mission (I didn't have it yet), and it was 4000 XP.  Not base XP, just XP, and I run with flags a lot.  

[PVE]
Members
18,479 posts
11,428 battles
3 minutes ago, agm114r said:

Even easier.  I didn't get Ark Royal mission, but I got the Bismarck mission (I didn't have it yet), and it was 4000 XP.  Not base XP, just XP, and I run with flags a lot.  

:Smile_amazed: That's one game in PvP if you win. Or a co-op game with flags and the 200% bonus. Shiny.

[REVY]
Members
1,675 posts
10,575 battles

Do you frequently check your rewards in port?

Check that and see what is listed there, if the ship appears, it should list how you got it.