Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

Idea: Rent special ships

8 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,445 posts
4,539 battles

Over and over I hear griping and opposition to game features that reduce to anger that certain ships are not and will not be available to the player in his normal play mode.  For example, Flint, which is available only for Steel awarded to players committed to competitive modes.  E.g. Colbert, available only through the Research Bureau. 

Idea:  Allow such 'special' ships to be rented so that any player with a few dollars or doubloons can drive them for a few days.  Add an in-game "rented" marker to keep the special nature as much as possible, and limit the number of rentals during a period.

WG gets a new revenue stream, players get an option that many of them want, and the owners of those ships get new envy from those non-owners who know how good the ships are.  Win-win-win. 

• Cool 2

[WOLF9]
Members
140 posts
12,684 battles

I like this idea. 

There would be a few I would do this with.....

GC

Stalingrad (I will never get all that steel)

Kron

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,802 posts
4,866 battles

3000 research points to rent Colbert for 30 battles and 800 steel to rent staingard for 30 battles

[PVE]
Members
18,318 posts
11,324 battles
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

Over and over I hear griping and opposition to game features that reduce to anger that certain ships are not and will not be available to the player in his normal play mode.  For example, Flint, which is available only for Steel awarded to players committed to competitive modes.  E.g. Colbert, available only through the Research Bureau. 

Idea:  Allow such 'special' ships to be rented so that any player with a few dollars or doubloons can drive them for a few days.  Add an in-game "rented" marker to keep the special nature as much as possible, and limit the number of rentals during a period.

WG gets a new revenue stream, players get an option that many of them want, and the owners of those ships get new envy from those non-owners who know how good the ships are.  Win-win-win. 

I like this idea. Right now the only way to try them is to be a corgi/pirate/turkey/whatever they come up with next.

4 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

3000 research points to rent Colbert for 30 battles and 800 steel to rent staingard for 30 battles

I'd rather not use the resource used to get them for the rental tho. Doubloons would be better.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,445 posts
4,539 battles

I don't like resources for the purpose either.  The idea of a rental is to see if you want to pursue the ship.  Using a currency that sets you back from that pursuit is self-defeating.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,445 posts
4,539 battles

Need more eyeballs.  Lend me your eyeballs.

#GiveMeBackMyCherry

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
669 posts
19 hours ago, iDuckman said:

WG gets a new revenue stream

they always love the sound of that :Smile_great:

idea sounds good

[DBRIS]
Members
264 posts
7,730 battles

Or let clan members ask to borrow ships from other members ships for a 2-3 hour period. Owner keeps the XP/credits but borrower gets to try it out free.

Sign in to follow this