You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HOTA_CHATON

How many players are usually on?

12 comments in this topic

Members
1,072 posts

Lately it's been going over 14K on NA in the evenings fairly often.  I'm generally seeing more on than I saw two years ago at this time.  

Of course, I'm sure the doomsayers will be along with their carefully cherry-picked stats to yell 'DOOM! GLOOM!'.  I'll leave that to them.

It's a niche game, and always has been.

• Confused 1

[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts

More than enough to play whenever you want. Low tier matchmaking can be slow at early morning hours.

Anywhere from 8000 to 15,000 players is normal depending on day and time.

Don't worry.. it's not like your usual Steam early access title. :)

[WOLF7]
Members
12,289 posts
18 minutes ago, agm114r said:

Lately it's been going over 14K on NA in the evenings fairly often.  I'm generally seeing more on than I saw two years ago at this time.  

Of course, I'm sure the doomsayers will be along with their carefully cherry-picked stats to yell 'DOOM! GLOOM!'.  I'll leave that to them.

You presented no stats at all.....just your uninformed opinion....:Smile_teethhappy:

Actual data? Actual data says slightly better than two years ago, not better than last year.

The peaks that have shown up since Feb 2018 are the dates CB starts, and each one is worse than the last.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3012b6cb85d644196d6969633ababa12.png

[RLGN]
Members
12,043 posts
21,595 battles

Population used to be shown in the port UI.

That was removed this year I think, about the time of 0.8.0?

What a odd coincidence.

Kind of like the one where Enterprise was removed from sale two weeks before the 30% coupon was released.

Members
2,897 posts
10,693 battles
5 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

What a odd coincidence.

Kind of like the one where Enterprise was removed from sale two weeks before the 30% coupon was released.

It's in the menu UI now. Just hit ESC, it still shows the online pop. 

Members
1,072 posts
5 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

What a odd coincidence.

Hit escape, it's still there.

image.png.da45518c383f62ba03f5d822d7df45fb.png

[PVE]
Members
18,382 posts
11,377 battles
1 hour ago, HOTA_CHATON said:

Just curious as to how many players are on, usually, as I have been away for at least 3 years.  Thanks

1 hour ago, agm114r said:

1 hour ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

More than enough to play whenever you want. Low tier matchmaking can be slow at early morning hours.

Anywhere from 8000 to 15,000 players is normal depending on day and time.

Don't worry.. it's not like your usual Steam early access title. :)

38 minutes ago, awiggin said:

You presented no stats at all.....just your uninformed opinion....:Smile_teethhappy:

Actual data? Actual data says slightly better than two years ago, not better than last year.

The peaks that have shown up since Feb 2018 are the dates CB starts, and each one is worse than the last.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.3012b6cb85d644196d6969633ababa12.png

HOTA_CHATON, the above 8-14k depending on time of day is fairly correct. The chart in a spoiler appears to be from a website that apparently only counts random games. I would take it with a grain of salt.

Earlier this year, there was a 60 day period where anyone that got a point in any battle mode, was put on a Hall of Fame list where the top 50% of point earners got prizes. The server averaged well over 38,000 unique users a day during that period around April. Since not everyone plays every day, the average number of unique users per month is somewhere above that 38k per day. 

Edited by Kizarvexis
I remember it fluctuating from high 38 to low 39 and let me change it to the low number in case I remembered wrong.

Beta Testers
77 posts
6 battles

Thanks.  Since I am going to give this game a serious try, I was curious as to whether there is a decently sized crowd now or had it thinned way down as planes did.  I know Tanks had gone down quite a bit but it seems to be on the up swing again.  Thanks a lot for all the replies.

[RLGN]
Members
12,043 posts
21,595 battles
1 hour ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

It's in the menu UI now. Just hit ESC, it still shows the online pop. 

1 hour ago, agm114r said:

Hit escape, it's still there.

image.png.da45518c383f62ba03f5d822d7df45fb.png

It’s a pop-up? Or comes up with the settings/audio/controls screen?

[PVE]
Members
18,382 posts
11,377 battles
2 minutes ago, HOTA_CHATON said:

Thanks.  Since I am going to give this game a serious try, I was curious as to whether there is a decently sized crowd now or had it thinned way down as planes did.  I know Tanks had gone down quite a bit but it seems to be on the up swing again.  Thanks a lot for all the replies.

You are welcome. Do check the guide section at the top of the forum for lots of tips and info on how to play. Most everyone here is happy to help as well.

2 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

It’s a pop-up? Or comes up with the settings/audio/controls screen?

When you hit ESC, it is in the upper left of the screen.

• Cool 1