You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sinboto

Jutland is awesome

18 comments in this topic

[NDA]
Supertester
3,429 posts
6,839 battles

I picked up Jutland (relatively) recently and I gotta say she is awesome, had a bunch of people saying I should skip her and just get the daring but she's a pretty good ship!

Glad I kept her and didn't just free XP my way through, she's pretty good. 

• Cool 1

Members
3,661 posts
18,080 battles
23 minutes ago, Sinboto said:

I picked up Jutland (relatively) recently and I gotta say she is awesome, had a bunch of people saying I should skip her and just get the daring but she's a pretty good ship!

Pre nerf I like the Jutland better than the daring but its still a great ship

[TDR]
Members
381 posts
6,333 battles

I’m a fan of that whole line, agree OP.  Daring and Jutland are deadly, I have had good success in both in ranked

[CVA16]
Members
4,080 posts
12,919 battles
On 9/21/2019 at 1:16 PM, Sinboto said:

Right now it is one of my "cursed" ships. Not a lot of games but only an 18% WR. I'm thinking MM hates me in this ship. Being AFK should yield a better WR. Hoping things get better. Its supposed to be good boat.

Edited by Sabot_100
  • Cool 1

[UTWE]
Members
336 posts
5,048 battles

I honestly like Jutland as much as Daring lol, it is one of my top 5 favourite ships. It only gets better with Daring though, enjoy the, "grind." 

[CVA16]
Members
4,080 posts
12,919 battles
17 hours ago, Iron_Salvo921 said:

I honestly like Jutland as much as Daring lol, it is one of my top 5 favourite ships. It only gets better with Daring though, enjoy the, "grind." 

Just wondering, how many points on your captain? Only running an 11 pt currently and along with cursed MM, am definitely NOT doing well. Tough to do damage with the guns without IFHE.

[RKLES]
Members
10,782 posts
12,383 battles
4 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Just wondering, how many points on your captain? Only running an 11 pt currently and along with cursed MM, am definitely NOT doing well. Tough to do damage with the guns without IFHE.

Yeah that is what I have noticed with Jutland is the guns are shattering or bouncing shells a lot compared to tier 8 and under in that line. Which complicates matters as you are forced to have a higher point captain to make the ship functional apparently compared to a lot of other DDs where you can manage with a 10-12 point captain if needed. Jutland and Daring apparently require 16-19 point captains to gain effectiveness.

[UTWE]
Members
336 posts
5,048 battles
3 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

I have PT, LS (obviously), then SI for that extra heal, BFT for the reload, IFHE (which you NEED on high tier RN DD's), CE, and finally Expert Loader, and Preventative maintenance,

[CVA16]
Members
4,080 posts
12,919 battles
57 minutes ago, Iron_Salvo921 said:

I have PT, LS (obviously), then SI for that extra heal, BFT for the reload, IFHE (which you NEED on high tier RN DD's), CE, and finally Expert Loader, and Preventative maintenance,

Did you have to work this captain up in the Jutland or was it a re-train? Did you ever play the ship with a 10 pt captain?

Also wondering about that Expert Loader on a ship with such a short reload. Was that just to use up a leftover point?

Members
206 posts
1,751 battles
4 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

compared to a lot of other DDs where you can manage with a 10-12 point captain if needed. Jutland and Daring apparently require 16-19 point captains to gain effectiveness

I'm not sure I completely agree with this..

I love the Jutland and played it a lot on my 'whale' account.  I have not pushed past the Lightning (and don't think I will) on this FTP account but I think you can make it work (not quite comfortable but workable) with a 10 point.    The way I'd break it down is

10pt   PM, LS, SE, IFHE  - workable

12pt - PM, LS, SE, SI, IFHE  - workable and closer to comfortable

14pt - PM, LS, SE, IFHE, CE  - workable and comfortable

16pt - PM, LS, AR, SE, IFHE, CE  - closing in on beastmode

19pt - PM, LS, AR, SE, SI, IFHE, CE  - beastmode

If I get another 10pt RN Captain, I'll will plan on experimenting with this

[UTWE]
Members
336 posts
5,048 battles
On 10/3/2019 at 2:35 PM, BadWolfz said:

I'm not sure I completely agree with this..

I love the Jutland and played it a lot on my 'whale' account.  I have not pushed past the Lightning (and don't think I will) on this FTP account but I think you can make it work (not quite comfortable but workable) with a 10 point.    The way I'd break it down is

10pt   PM, LS, SE, IFHE  - workable

12pt - PM, LS, SE, SI, IFHE  - workable and closer to comfortable

14pt - PM, LS, SE, IFHE, CE  - workable and comfortable

16pt - PM, LS, AR, SE, IFHE, CE  - closing in on beastmode

19pt - PM, LS, AR, SE, SI, IFHE, CE  - beastmode

If I get another 10pt RN Captain, I'll will plan on experimenting with this

Yeah this works too but after that terrible, horrible, unjustified, reload nerf I take BFT because I like the spammy spam:) .

• Cool 1

[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,114 posts
5,950 battles

Jutland is awesome. I've got a friend working on the line right now and he's dreading getting the Daring solely because he'll need to get a new Jutland captain.

[SOTHS]
Members
5 posts
3,755 battles

been having issues fighting the Jutland, most recently getting He spammed from full health in my hipper any tips on what to do? if they pop smoke it seems they can melt anything short of a BB in a matter of seconds and return fire (do to smoke) is ineffective

[ARGSY]
Members
228 posts
6,924 battles

Lightning and Jutland were my favs as far as DDs go. However, the French line has soured me on them a bit. I guess I am just addicted to speed and the Brits are quick to start but painfully slow. 

[RKLES]
Members
10,782 posts
12,383 battles
On 10/5/2019 at 10:59 PM, Iron_Salvo921 said:

Yeah this works too but after that terrible, horrible, unjustified, reload nerf I take BFT because I like the spammy spam:) .

Which skill do you give up for the BFT? 

[UTWE]
Members
336 posts
5,048 battles
2 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Which skill do you give up for the BFT? 

SE, Because of the heal I don't find it's needed.

[ARGSY]
Members
228 posts
6,924 battles

The British dds were my favorite line until the French arrived. With the cv changes and power creep they just don't seem as deadly. Extremely fun to play but quite slow for dds. Jutland and Lightning are my favorites. 

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,676 posts
3,990 battles

The Jutland and Daring will be even better when they can give up the IFHE skill and take something else.