You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rgtx1121

A salty thread to express your most sensitive WOWs triggers

73 comments in this topic

[USNR]
Members
293 posts
3,713 battles

I think that the WOWs community is great, in fact it is the most engaged and dedicated gaming community I have come across, but this forum clearly shows that we all have our own "triggers" in this game. Whether it be HE Spam, CVs, DD's that abandon the team to chase a CV, SMOLENSK, etc., what toasts your nuts the most? 

For me, it is the "cheap" torpedo bombers. I was playing a match earlier this morning in the Georgia, and a JB and I were having it out in an intense 1v1. Out of nowhere, a *@3)!@ng torpedo bomber comes out of nowhere, and sinks me. To me, this is such a cheap kill. I'm glad that the JB captain got the benefit of my massive health loss, and not the cheap CV captain who was most likely hiding in a corner of the map. The red JB even commented in chat saying that not only was it a cheap kill, but it was angering to him to not see the conclusion of our death match.

So in the spirit of all that is salty, what is your biggest trigger?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts

I know exactly how to "trigger" the community.

Watch this... :)

Buff CV's. Planes are weak-sauce.

0.8.0.0 was best update evar.

Buff HE spam. More BBQ's needed. 20km range minimum. 0.5 second reload.

50,000 damage is acceptable from a flood at T5.

Nerf BB armor. 19mm is ok. They have losta HP anyways. 10kts top speed.

Cruiser citadels are too small. Can't delete in one click. Make them glow florescent orange too.

DD's shouldn't have smoke. Actually, DD's shouldn't exist in World of Battleships.

Torpedoes should be heat seeking. 10 second reload. 1 hit kill.

Planes must have radar. Historically akkurate.

BB's should put 16 x 720mm shells through a porthole at 15kms. Fix ur sigma WG!

Torpedoes should be shot out of water by secondaries.

Subs should never need to come up for air. They're NUKLEAR!

DD's should be immune to AP.

Hosho is just FINE!

Bring back Kitakami with 3 TRB's , and make it a T3 premium only I can have. Too many seals live.

Buff everything I play.

Nerf everything I don't play.

Do it or I uninstall.

Edited by ElectroVeeDub
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 9
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[DPG]
Members
1,725 posts
7,455 battles

My biggest trigger is the dude/dudette(don't want to assume gender)who posted above me.  Person does not know what propaganda means.

Edited by Amenhir
  • Cool 2
  • Confused 1

[NAUT]
Beta Testers
1,009 posts
8,301 battles

1: WG saying one thing and doing another, (Submarines).
2: The release of ships that keep pushing the boundary further and further from WWII era. 
3: Players who don't respond to chat. 

• Cool 2

[GOOF]
Members
410 posts
4,744 battles

Have to agree op CV aggravates me too not just the cheap unstoppable attacks, but the inability to hit back at then because they are hiding in the corner and their planes just regenerate.

• Cool 1

[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,003 battles

Blatant cheating! That has nothing to do with banned mods. The most I see are players intentionally attempting to throw the battle to the opponents even in Co op!

[PRAMO]
Members
16 posts
844 battles

seriously just make it so that CV have a limited stock of planes. you can only regenerate so much lost planes before you become basically a "mission kill" which means the CV has no ability to deliver any offense anymore either due to deck damage or plane losses.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-HMCS]
Members
32 posts
773 battles

Suicide CVs....why play as a CV if all you are gonna do is charge into the middle of the map to get yourself killed.

[90TH]
Members
1,724 posts
10,757 battles
4 minutes ago, LemSat87 said:

Suicide CVs....why play as a CV if all you are gonna do is charge into the middle of the map to get yourself killed.

I see it as someone that has recognized that they have dishonored themselves and their family name by choosing CV. The only thing left is to commit the seppuku version of wows.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4

[-HMCS]
Members
32 posts
773 battles
1 minute ago, Pytheas said:

I see it as someone that has recognized that they have dishonored themselves and their family name by choosing CV. The only thing left is to commit the seppuku version of wows.

yeah...by putting their team at a disadvantage...

• Boring 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,567 posts
4,550 battles
34 minutes ago, Rgtx1121 said:

People who blame unexpected events on the game, or some uncaring, grouchy old man in the sky.  

In the real, and in a good game, [stuff] happens that we don't expect.  If blame can be assigned — it probably shouldn't — it should be assigned to the guy that didn't expect it.  His situational awareness was lacking to the extent that he didn't see it coming.  Salt should not be involved in the result.

Except perhaps as a :etc_swear: emotional release.

Edited by iDuckman

[DEV_X]
Supertester
2,204 posts
20,702 battles

The ignorance of some of the playerbase and their constant contradictions. (Does not apply to everyone)

For example, players that only play one class and dont understand any other but constantly cry for nerfs. Like a person that only plays battleships feeling that destroyers are so OP despite the fact they dont play them and thus understand how difficult the play the opposing destroyer just pulled off. 

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,685 posts
24 minutes ago, 123asap said:

seriously just make it so that CV have a limited stock of planes. you can only regenerate so much lost planes before you become basically a "mission kill" which means the CV has no ability to deliver any offense anymore either due to deck damage or plane losses.

This is already the reality.  

Planes take a very long time to rebuild.  If you look at the numbers on them, say the saipan for example, it takes around 14 minutes to rebuild a full torp squad.  The match is usually over before that happens.

If I just go nuts and send my planes into a bunch of AA over and over, I can be out of planes before the game is even half over. If I do that, I become useless.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[90TH]
Alpha Tester
8,887 posts
9,171 battles

NTC triggered me, that's for sure. But it takes a lot to do that.

I have found that if you entitle an OP "BBs are OP please NERF now" , it will have a certain trigger effect on the community.

[3COWS]
Members
712 posts
34 minutes ago, Rgtx1121 said:

I think that the WOWs community is great, in fact it is the most engaged and dedicated gaming community I have come across, but this forum clearly shows that we all have our own "triggers" in this game. Whether it be HE Spam, CVs, DD's that abandon the team to chase a CV, SMOLENSK, etc., what toasts your nuts the most? 

For me, it is the "cheap" torpedo bombers. I was playing a match earlier this morning in the Georgia, and a JB and I were having it out in an intense 1v1. Out of nowhere, a *@3)!@ng torpedo bomber comes out of nowhere, and sinks me. To me, this is such a cheap kill. I'm glad that the JB captain got the benefit of my massive health loss, and not the cheap CV captain who was most likely hiding in a corner of the map. The red JB even commented in chat saying that not only was it a cheap kill, but it was angering to him to not see the conclusion of our death match.

I have 0 triggers relating to game play. 

My issue has always been the people playing. 

The patch that let me permanently disable ingame chat has been great. 

I can finally concentrate on the game without someone trying to conduct physiological warfare from the enemy team or one of my team re-enacting the famous Pvt Hudson moment from aliens.....

A cheap kill is a manner of perception. 

Basically You wanted a certain outcome and he denied you it. 

Then your OCD took over as it fell outside what you had visioned should happen. 

You'r basically setting yourself up to fail and you will eventually leave the game with this attitude. 

Seen it before in many other players. 

You need to remember that the anger is not from the game, the anger is from you, it is not normal to be this angry especially over nothing. 

You have 3,000 battles played and that experience was one of potentially many more. Are you going to react this way every time something happens you do not like? 

Do you throw your keyboard at the wall or the screen?

Do you stomp about at home? 

Do you yell at family members when a game does not go your way? 

These are issues you need to work on if you have related to these at all. 

It is not normal and only you can change this behavior. 

Ever wonder why you cannot maintain a relationship? 

Ever wonder why bad things keep happening in your life? 

It is because of your anger, I am sorry and I can only imagine how hard it is to live with, however you can change it. You also need to remember that you spend weeks and months on a game to 'get good at it' 

Yet you wont spend a minute to make yourself better, why? 

You're not perfect and nor am I, if you or I were neither of us would be having a conversation like this on the internet, I could only imagine better uses of our time. 

So we need to strive for personal perfection and only that way will we all become better people. 

Why 'just be happy with how you are now' when no one else is. 
Be better. 

-This has been a Salvo Creative personal growth message, think big and be better. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-OG-]
Members
162 posts
5,985 battles

I hate CV vs DD gameplay. In any other class of ship, I don't care about CV's but the fact that DD's get such weak AA and that the rocket attack planes can spot a DD do 2k easy damage in one volley I hate that. I also really dislike some player's of this game, I hate it when players are selfish or don't have the capability to think and breathe at the same time. For example, I was playing the Hood and I was pushing into a cap that had one low health cruiser in it. A fletcher behind me launched torpedoes at the cruiser and hit me. At that point, I miffed but you know mistakes happen whatever. But fletcher really annoyed me when he got mad at me, calling me a bad player because quote "You got in my way noob". No "sorry" nothing, just "you got in my way noob" and then reporting me 3 times. And one final thing that I want to see changed in WoWs is the island camping, stationary, HE spamming meta. Remember the old days? You loaded AP all the time because an enemy might pop out from behind an island broadside and you would blap them with citadels. The rule was keep moving or you die, hitting an island meant you were dead but now we have Worcesters, Atlantas, Des Moines, Smolensks, Harugamos and countless other HE spamming ships parking behind islands left mouse clicking until they can no longer shoot. It's boring, it's not fun to be shot at from a ship hiding behind an island. No one has fun being on the receiving end of that with that unless you're the one shooting those guns. 

Edited by Awe5ome
typo

[BUOY]
Members
544 posts
10,993 battles

Found a big trigger yesterday, divved up with a clan mate for some ranked. Had the game mode set on ranked when I made the division... and it defaulted back to randoms.

Got sunk, went back to port, battle wasn't over and my div mate was still in battle, set it to ranked, div mate came out of battle, readied up, clicked battle button... REVERTED TO RANDOM AGAIN!:Smile-angry:

That and the horrible sound issues related to this patch and that the hotfix... didn't. Seriously WG, go back to the old sounds and reintroduce when the sounds aren't either deafening or what sounds?

[USNR]
Members
293 posts
3,713 battles
14 minutes ago, Salvo_Creative said:

I have 0 triggers relating to game play. 

My issue has always been the people playing. 

The patch that let me permanently disable ingame chat has been great. 

I can finally concentrate on the game without someone trying to conduct physiological warfare from the enemy team or one of my team re-enacting the famous Pvt Hudson moment from aliens.....

A cheap kill is a manner of perception. 

Basically You wanted a certain outcome and he denied you it. 

Then your OCD took over as it fell outside what you had visioned should happen. 

You'r basically setting yourself up to fail and you will eventually leave the game with this attitude. 

Seen it before in many other players. 

You need to remember that the anger is not from the game, the anger is from you, it is not normal to be this angry especially over nothing. 

You have 3,000 battles played and that experience was one of potentially many more. Are you going to react this way every time something happens you do not like? 

Do you throw your keyboard at the wall or the screen?

Do you stomp about at home? 

Do you yell at family members when a game does not go your way? 

These are issues you need to work on if you have related to these at all. 

It is not normal and only you can change this behavior. 

Ever wonder why you cannot maintain a relationship? 

Ever wonder why bad things keep happening in your life? 

It is because of your anger, I am sorry and I can only imagine how hard it is to live with, however you can change it. You also need to remember that you spend weeks and months on a game to 'get good at it' 

Yet you wont spend a minute to make yourself better, why? 

You're not perfect and nor am I, if you or I were neither of us would be having a conversation like this on the internet, I could only imagine better uses of our time. 

So we need to strive for personal perfection and only that way will we all become better people. 

Why 'just be happy with how you are now' when no one else is. 
Be better. 

-This has been a Salvo Creative personal growth message, think big and be better. 

Well... I was not expecting that diatribe. 

With your vast knowledge of human emotions, I would hope that you understand the difference between "anger" and "irritation". If certain things do not irk you, then you are living in a disconnected state where emotions are relative and not the authentic reactions to events that your biology has intended you to react to. 

In fact, this message made me so angry that I threw my keyboard at my screen, told my wife I wanted a divorce, and neglected my children. I guess we all have room to improve.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WOLF6]
Members
1,361 posts
4,321 battles
10 minutes ago, Rgtx1121 said:

Well... I was not expecting that diatribe. 

With your vast knowledge of human emotions, I would hope that you understand the difference between "anger" and "irritation". If certain things do not irk you, then you are living in a disconnected state where emotions are relative and not the authentic reactions to events that your biology has intended you to react to. 

In fact, this message made me so angry that I threw my keyboard at my screen, told my wife I wanted a divorce, and neglected my children. I guess we all have room to improve.

Hehehe.

You have a sense of humour at least!

[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,567 posts
4,550 battles
38 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

The ignorance of some of the playerbase and their constant contradictions. (Does not apply to everyone)

For example, players that only play one class and dont understand any other but constantly cry for nerfs. Like a person that only plays battleships feeling that destroyers are so OP despite the fact they dont play them and thus understand how difficult the play the opposing destroyer just pulled off. 

^  This

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,567 posts
4,550 battles
32 minutes ago, Salvo_Creative said:

conduct physiological warfare

In a pixel game?  Without your home address??  :Smile_amazed:

I think you mean psychological warfare.  :cap_cool:

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
6,509 posts
16,196 battles
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

In a pixel game?  Without your home address??  :Smile_amazed:

I think you mean psychological warfare.  :cap_cool:

Careful Ducky, he'll add grammar spammer to his triggers list. :P

[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,567 posts
4,550 battles
24 minutes ago, Awe5ome said:

now we have Worcesters, Atlantas, Des Moines, Smolensks, Harugamos and countless other HE spamming ships parking behind islands left mouse clicking until they can no longer shoot. It's boring, it's not fun to be shot at from a ship hiding behind an island.

There's a solution to that:  Hide behind an island.

• Funny 1