Sign in to follow this  
Cpt_Kidd_

Co-OP cut off too quick

25 comments in this topic

[A-I-M]
Members
96 posts
15,154 battles

Have you notice that in co-op they now ended just before you cap or get to finish off that BB.

It was in the past, ended only with 1 enemy ship alive, now it is 2 or even sometime 3 enemy ships alive.

I know server time cost but this is a little much.
  • Funny 2
  • Confused 3

[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,003 battles
16 minutes ago, Cpt_Kidd_ said:

Have you notice that in co-op they now ended just before you cap or get to finish off that BB.

All battles for any mode end when a Victory Condition is met. If one side never moved, the other moved to the caps and both sides never fired a shot the battle would end when the victory condition of capping the enemy base or 1000 points are met.

There has not been a change in this from the beginning.

[WOLF3]
Members
22,454 posts
20,530 battles

The games end abruptly mostly due to the enemy bot team reaching zero points.  A team loses points when a ship is lost.  When you got a bunch of players in a game, this can easily, quickly happen and most players won't get in a decent game because of it, especially if you're not in a Destroyer.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[H_]
Members
2,917 posts
13,374 battles

And, this mechanic is designed to "keep COOP players from earning more value..."  To drag out the grinds.  What a stupid mechanic....... 

• Cool 3

[WOLF3]
Members
22,454 posts
20,530 battles
10 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

And, this mechanic is designed to "keep COOP players from earning more value..."  To drag out the grinds.  What a stupid mechanic....... 

If one is grinding via co-op, the worst ship type to do it in is a CV.  CVs aren't the Alpha Striking Monsters of the RTS CV days.  The damage they do now is much more restrained.  To get a great CV game in via Co-op, you either:

1.  Had a potato team that somehow let a CV do better than them.  Shame on them if it was especially a DD that did poorly.

2.  The game for some reason or another dragged on to be longer.  A long game, that's where CVs can shine with results.

In a typical 3-5 minute Co-op games, the vast majority of CVs are bottom feeders in the results page.  But once we get into those long games, that's where they can start topping things.  The problem is that's quite uncommon for them to get the time to turn in such a performance.  As a result, grinding CVs in Co-op is the worst thing you can do in the game in terms of progression techniques.

Like I'm regrinding the IJN CV Line now.  Tier IV was quick, Tier VI Ryujo, I had Operations to hasten that grind and RJ is fantastic in Ops.  But there are no Tier VIII Operations for Shokaku.  Not fond of Randoms anymore, not like I used to, so trying to work Shokaku via Co-op is a pretty miserable experience to get my Hakuryu back.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[KSE]
Beta Testers
1,568 posts
14,716 battles
12 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Not from where wargaming is sitting.  If the grind is long in co-op, you will either switch to PVP to shorten it, or you will spend money to shorten it - seems like a good business idea to me.

• Boring 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
674 posts
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

the worst ship type to do it in is a CV.

agree so sad to see them bottom three of xp every game

[PVE]
Members
10,001 posts
18,222 battles
2 hours ago, Cpt_Kidd_ said:

It was in the past, ended only with 1 enemy ship alive, now it is 2 or even sometime 3 enemy ships alive.

I know server time cost but this is a little much.

It's the mercy rule OP. The bots fall to zero and the game ends. Co-op mains have been asking that the rule be removed from the mode since I started playing for the most part but WG does not agree with us so it continues on.

• Cool 3

[H_]
Members
2,917 posts
13,374 battles
4 hours ago, BiggieD61 said:

Not from where wargaming is sitting.  If the grind is long in co-op, you will either switch to PVP to shorten it, or you will spend money to shorten it - seems like a good business idea to me.

A stupid game mechanic.......we weren't talking about making money or whom benefits......  You are correct.  The down side, is that now, I won't spend real money on this game because the game experience "just isn't of a good enough quality" and the COOP mercy mechanics only makes me more resolved not to spend money....   And, a lot less time in game I'm afraid.

[WOLF8]
Members
5,682 posts
5,368 battles
4 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

But there are no Tier VIII Operations for Shokaku.  Not fond of Randoms anymore, not like I used to, so trying to work Shokaku via Co-op is a pretty miserable experience to get my Hakuryu back.

WG should just let the Tier VIII CV's into the Tier VII Operation(s). I mean, it still has the CV icon as one of allowed ships to use, but we no longer have the Tier VII CV's.

Members
2,980 posts
1,448 battles
10 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The games end abruptly mostly due to the enemy bot team reaching zero points.  A team loses points when a ship is lost.  When you got a bunch of players in a game, this can easily, quickly happen and most players won't get in a decent game because of it, especially if you're not in a Destroyer.

I think they should lower the point cost loss for AI, in Coop, so as to not allow the game to end with 3/4 of the enemy team still alive.  That really was a real fun killer for Coop, esp for slow BBs.  Game starts, Arizona gets about half way to the combat, fires 1 or 2 salvos at 16km and the game ends with 5/8 enemy ships still alive.  In the process, burning up a camo and signals and other boosts....fun.....

[WOLF6]
Members
830 posts
7,817 battles
17 hours ago, KnightFandragon said:

I think they should lower the point cost loss for AI, in Coop, so as to not allow the game to end with 3/4 of the enemy team still alive.  That really was a real fun killer for Coop, esp for slow BBs.  Game starts, Arizona gets about half way to the combat, fires 1 or 2 salvos at 16km and the game ends with 5/8 enemy ships still alive.  In the process, burning up a camo and signals and other boosts....fun.....

Run the Arizona in Ops , plenty of time to get good results there , I do well with her in Killer Whale for instance . Regular Co-op is all about DD's .

Members
2,980 posts
1,448 battles
6 hours ago, retic1959 said:

Run the Arizona in Ops , plenty of time to get good results there , I do well with her in Killer Whale for instance . Regular Co-op is all about DD's .

Yeah, regular coops is annoying as a BB player.  Just got done with several hours of games.  Like 7 in a Mass(3 cheers for a random 30% coupon), like 10 in my Alabama and about 5 in my Arizona, as well as a few in my Atl and NO.  Granted, ive been playing a little more passive, since going in means getting focused and rekt in a BB, but still, the game is literally over by the time I get to a good range to do anything....

Honestly, I suggest regular coops get respawns, make it it's own mode, more like Battlefield 2 games, or like Armored Warfare's GLOPS mode.  Then teh game goes till one side wins and there is plenty of time for everyone to do everything.

Members
1,100 posts
17,896 battles

The only way to do good result in bb is to rush in ( if DD and cruisers players are good) deal and take damage 

Or stay back if they are bad.

Hard to figure at the start of a match.

Regards

[BEA5T]
Members
179 posts
12,251 battles

Have to agree that more so lately  ( specially when you have a large number of  "experienced players" )  the games have ended more quickly.  It can get a little frustrating as your torps or shells are about to rain down on  to get those XP\ribbon points required for Naval Battles and the game ends and you realize your  a bit short.  :Smile-angry: :Smile_veryhappy::Smile_izmena:

It is what it is so we have to deal with it... still better than dealing with the CHAOS of Randoms or and IMO now it has drifted over into RANKS.   :Smile_bajan2:

• Cool 1

[VN]
Members
168 posts
3,724 battles
On 9/21/2019 at 12:37 PM, BiggieD61 said:

Actually, someone in recent weeks had pointed out that you earn similar XP per hour, because even though Co-op doesn't pay out as well, you play  more games in a shorter time.
I played some randoms and decided that was true, the randoms drag out so long you don't really make that much more in XP per hour. The credits are a different story, you make more money in randoms for sure.

The OP is right, I've seen games where 3 bots were left, and no one had capped or the team had got 1000 points etc.

Edited by Ericmopar

[PVE]
Members
155 posts
13,266 battles

I must say that over the past week the games do seem to be getting over much faster then usual?....even with all the snowflake farmers around

[PVE]
Members
8,706 posts
22,017 battles

Well on the upside, the PTS is testing the "kiting bot" AI again....... That should drag matches out a bit longer. 

[WOLF3]
Members
22,454 posts
20,530 battles
6 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Well on the upside, the PTS is testing the "kiting bot" AI again....... That should drag matches out a bit longer. 

People said the same thing about the previous update's PTS, it hasn't crossed over to Live server.

[PVE]
Members
8,706 posts
22,017 battles
20 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

People said the same thing about the previous update's PTS, it hasn't crossed over to Live server.

It has been on the live server three times that I know of. Every time they remove it due to complaints. It was on the PTS last go around and didn't make it here, that is the only time I know of that it didn't. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[VN]
Members
168 posts
3,724 battles
On 9/21/2019 at 2:09 PM, AdmiralThunder said:

It's the mercy rule OP. The bots fall to zero and the game ends. Co-op mains have been asking that the rule be removed from the mode since I started playing for the most part but WG does not agree with us so it continues on.

Yes, WG is afraid the bots will get PTSD and mutiny.
They must be allowed to take their XP once in awhile to their little bot upgrade store and use it on their little speed boost and armor hacks, or they would mutiny... :Smile_trollface:
Because of the stress they are put through, Wargaming is also considering giving the bots a rum ration in the future. :Smile_Default:

Edited by Ericmopar

[O_O]
Members
296 posts

If you want to play coop matches that last a bit longer, then you need to play around with the queue so you don't have 4 DDs cleaning up the map in 3 minutes.  If you see a lot of ships in queue, especially DDs, then exit and wait before re-queuing.  There is a lot in this game you cannot control, so exploit what you can control: the queue.  

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,706 posts
22,017 battles
55 minutes ago, Rustyhole said:

If you want to play coop matches that last a bit longer, then you need to play around with the queue so you don't have 4 DDs cleaning up the map in 3 minutes.  If you see a lot of ships in queue, especially DDs, then exit and wait before re-queuing.  There is a lot in this game you cannot control, so exploit what you can control: the queue.  

Paying attention to queue and then manipulating how many humans you get into a match with and what kind of ships they are using, is the best way to get favorable teams in PvE. You are right Rusty, this is the one thing you can control most of the time. Sometimes you get sucked right into a game though.... I hate that... 

Edited by Taylor3006

Sign in to follow this