Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Erebthoron

What's up with this weeks teams in operations?

10 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,562 posts
23,555 battles

So, I decited to play abit with my Ark Royal and went to operations.

From 10 tries, I got only one time five stars. I had one failed (after we did all objectives) and the others are usually two or, if lucky, three stars.

The defeat came from three DD camping outside of the retreat area in smoke, even everything is done and only 1 minute left, just to farm damage.

Most ships run to the retreat spot, ignoring all the other mission objectives. We killed only two times the two BB!

Spot is in the west, the ships in the north turn around without killing the cruiser. Spot is in the north, they sail behind the mountains without any chance to even hit the ships outside.

Cruisers don't want to intercept the two DD from the west.

Player move into the spot, even there are 3 minutes left and the last BB is down to 5k.

And I don't understand the reason. A bit more effort, and we would have gotten far more XP.

Utterly frustrating, the whole thing.

[-TNG-]
Members
60 posts
1,576 battles

I’ve been seeing the same thing, also in my Ark Royal. Go in with camos and flags, have a monster game and lead the team, and then have defeat snatched from the jaws of victory as the team either derps around outside and actively avoids the exit circle. Assuming they don’t die, that is.

Speaking as a potato myself, these teams have more potatoes than a farmer’s market. Killer Whale rarely needs to come down to the wire, yet in all these games, it does!

[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,475 posts
4,550 battles
1 hour ago, Erebthoron said:

The defeat came from three DD camping outside of the retreat area in smoke, even everything is done and only 1 minute left, just to farm damage.

Which is stupid because after 1:45 (?) there is no more damage to farm.

Actually, I've been impressed recently that the pubbies that our semi-random games get are often pretty good.  I haven't played Killer Whale with a purely random team in a while.  The debacles were so horrendous that I'd rather play a couple of low-tier co-ops in the time.  (On a fail they would likely earn more, too.)

If you're on late, try the Hoperations Discord channel.

[GOB]
Members
889 posts

It's not just this week , it is ALL the time with random teams in just about any type battle here.  But since we are talking about this OP YES... Just played one where we had an EASY 5 star and no matter how many people said it a few ran STRAIGHT to the escape zone.. I had a Volley just about to finish the LAST required hip IN THE AIR... .5 seconds from hitting it and GAME OVER. 

What you will also see here are players farming the BUILDINGS while the rest of you are taking fire from things that actually shoot back.  The worst is when the CV is exclusively bombing buildings , factories etc.

I have never done it but I hear there are great groups that play OPS together and they of course do very well.  My play times are erratic so I have a hard time being a part of a regular group.

Just wait for NARAI when 2BBs will go after the transports ( and fail ) while the convoy gets wiped out.

I learned by asking IN-GAME ( Where do you want me? ) and L_I_S_T_E_N_I_N_G_!

Plenty of great advice here and tons of videos out there.  To play poorly is just lazy.

Col Out

• Cool 1

Members
687 posts
8,432 battles

I have no idea why everyone seems to make a bee-line for the exit so early.  I've had 2 5star matches out of 5 but this op is so easy that there really isn't a reason to do less than 5. All 3 of the 3 star matches left both BBs alive and one of the other target ships.  But folks just can't seem to stay out of the circle.  I get that someone has to get up there to kill the fort and approaching ships but it doesn't take half the team , and just stay out of the circle!

[EQRN]
Members
1,613 posts
13,511 battles

Killer Whale should be the easiest Scenario, but you have to play it a couple times to realize you can’t just linger in the bay.  Some people are slow learners.  I’d like to join the pro teams I’ve seen posted about, but I don’t have a mic (I assume that’s what discord needs?)

[HRVAT]
Members
1,233 posts
9,598 battles
16 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Killer Whale should be the easiest Scenario, but you have to play it a couple times to realize you can’t just linger in the bay.  Some people are slow learners.  I’d like to join the pro teams I’ve seen posted about, but I don’t have a mic (I assume that’s what discord needs?)

Some use in game voice, other discord, i have do a few operation but none recently ---I just do not find good excitement in Operation and co-op

[O_O]
Members
296 posts

The 200% daily win bonus is your answer; it brings even more people into the mode for easier and safer grinding of ingame resources versus PvP where you could lose it all in minutes.  This leads to you either getting players that are: 1) brand new to the mode and have no idea what to do, or 2) veterans who will charge the transports, kill them all and then intentionally die early so they may exit to port and repeat the process faster.  Then you have the core players just trying to 5 star but some how have to carry both types of players I mentioned.  This week has led me to the conclusion that WG can have Killer Whale back too; all I need is Aegis and Narai to farm.

Edited by Rustyhole

Sign in to follow this