You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
313_iron

IFHE on German BBs

6 comments in this topic

[AFK-3]
Members
46 posts
602 battles

I was attempting to put IFHE on my Bismarck to boost its secondaries, but the option was locked. Is it possible to put IFHE on the Bismarck and if so how?

[HINON]
Supertester
22,154 posts
16,021 battles

This again?

The option isn't locked. You can still pick it. It's just a warning that it's not a great choice, but you can still pick it.

Why would you even want it on German BBs anyways? The secondaries already have 1/4 HE pen.

[WOLF8]
Members
5,682 posts
5,368 battles
32 minutes ago, Lert said:

Why would you even want it on German BBs anyways? The secondaries already have 1/4 HE pen.

Some German BB's can actually cross over the next penetration threshold on their Secondaries by combining their special 1/4 HE pen and IFHE. :fish_book:

For example, the Freddie derpy Grocery's 105mm Secondaries can pen 32mm by doing so, ever since she got the penetration on them buffed a while ago. Same with Bisko and Tirpy now, I guess. :fish_book:

Whether it's a good idea or not is up to the individual, I suppose. :Smile_hiding:

Edited by Blorgh2017

[HINON]
Supertester
22,154 posts
16,021 battles
1 minute ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Whether it's a good idea or not is up to the individual, I suppose. :Smile_hiding:

Still a waste of 4 points I'd say.

[WOLF8]
Members
5,682 posts
5,368 battles
5 minutes ago, Lert said:

Still a waste of 4 points I'd say.

There's a strong case for that, since IFHE is too costly, and cuts down on the fire starting capability that is quite important for tiny Secondaries. Plus, Secondary based builds can already be quite expensive on skill points as they are.

On the other hand, I remember hearing about some strong cases for it as well, as it can bring a noticeable improvement on the overall performance of the Secondaries.

Personally, I go for "live and let live" philosophy... lol. To each to his/her own, I guess. :Smile_hiding:

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,685 posts
23 hours ago, 313_iron said:

I was attempting to put IFHE on my Bismarck to boost its secondaries, but the option was locked. Is it possible to put IFHE on the Bismarck and if so how?

With the buff to German secondary penetration, I don’t think IFHE is worth it anymore.