You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MEANN

CV players

64 comments in this topic

[HATE]
Members
726 posts
12,765 battles

I have to ask, I don't have the data about how many cv's are crap posts or complaints about op'ness of cv's. But will bet there is a lot of these posts. 

Here is my question.

How do you have time to play when all of you are on the forums defended cv's from the rest of us that think they are not good for the game or balanced in any way. 

Do you guys have shifts? 

That was kinda a bit of a joke. 

I would like to know what CV main's would think needs to happen for cv's to be at all tiers and be apart of the team vs at odds with the team. CV seems to be a very selfish boat. It can just attack and marginally defend their team mates. 

• Cool 5
  • Boring 13
  • Angry 2

Members
1,422 posts
6,426 battles

<-- going to play in game.

Tired of the "sky cancer" complaints of crybabies on the forums.  ;-)

I think my Furious is up for a turn to knock the anniversary badge off of it in the carousel.  :-)

• Cool 3
  • Boring 4
  • Angry 2

[HATE]
Members
726 posts
12,765 battles
10 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Which CV's have you played yet? 

image.thumb.png.3a5d3b093775bf116d49a82b2fb33063.png

I am just awful in cv. Partly due to having no earthly idea the controls when i played the few games i have. I really have not spent the time on youtube to learn how to control the boats. They are not intuitive to use and i mainly flew around and spotted for the team as a big flying dd that tried to attack a few boats.  

• Cool 1

[NAV3]
Members
91 posts
4,090 battles
9 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Which CV's have you played yet?

Confused by this question:Smile_amazed: but i'll say what this guy said.  

Members
2,486 posts
4,169 battles
28 minutes ago, MEANN said:

I have to ask, I don't have the data about how many cv's are crap posts or complaints about op'ness of cv's. But will bet there is a lot of these posts. 

Here is my question.

How do you have time to play when all of you are on the forums defended cv's from the rest of us that think they are not good for the game or balanced in any way. 

Do you guys have shifts? 

I would like to know what CV main's would think needs to happen for cv's to be at all tiers and be apart of the team vs at odds with the team. CV seems to be a very selfish boat. It can just attack and marginally defend their team mates. 

You mean like everybody else?  Huh,  odd that.  Not only that but CV's provide spotting and suppression,  as well as forcing entrenched targets to either change position or sink.  They can also provide some measure of area denial to enemy CV's by dropping fighters.

But you aren't interested in any of this.  You just want to whine.  As always.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 2

[HATE]
Members
726 posts
12,765 battles
8 minutes ago, Palladia said:

You mean like everybody else?  Huh,  odd that.  Not only that but CV's provide spotting and suppression,  as well as forcing entrenched targets to either change position or sink.  They can also provide some measure of area denial to enemy CV's by dropping fighters.

But you aren't interested in any of this.  You just want to whine.  As always.

I'll ignore the shot at me personally, I mite agree with your point about what a cv can bring to the table. It has been my experience that most cv's play for dmg and are off chasing some poor dd or bb that is not really a part of the match or basically out of the match. but because they are alone the cv goes and kills them. Which takes the above mentioned "value" away.

• Cool 2

[BBMOD]
Members
219 posts
4,424 battles
1 minute ago, MEANN said:

I'll ignore the shot at me personally, I mite agree with your point about what a cv can bring to the table. It has been my experience that most cv's play for dmg and are off chasing some poor dd or bb that is not really a part of the match or basically out of the match. but because they are alone the cv goes and kills them. Which takes the above mentioned "value" away.

If it is afloat and firing, its part of the match. A ship with one damage point left still fires just as effectively as an undamaged ship. Actually, if it has AR, it is firing more effectively!

Not sure what "playing for damage" means. Are CVs not allowed to attack anyone? Isn't the point of the game to damage and sink the reds?

[HATE]
Members
726 posts
12,765 battles
2 minutes ago, Grimm262 said:

If it is afloat and firing, its part of the match. A ship with one damage point left still fires just as effectively as an undamaged ship. Actually, if it has AR, it is firing more effectively!

Not sure what "playing for damage" means. Are CVs not allowed to attack anyone? Isn't the point of the game to damage and sink the reds?

example, most of the team or the larger faction of the red team is on one side and the cv is off getting a boat that cant shoot anyone. 

[BBMOD]
Members
219 posts
4,424 battles
2 minutes ago, MEANN said:

example, most of the team or the larger faction of the red team is on one side and the cv is off getting a boat that cant shoot anyone. 

Sinking that ship still earns the team points. Or are CVs not supposed to contribute to the win either?

[HATE]
Members
726 posts
12,765 battles
5 minutes ago, Palladia said:

EVERYONE PLAYS FOR DAMAGE.  Good god,  why in gods name would you expect CV's to be any different,  and WHY would you think that's a bad thing?  This is the crap I am talking about,  you just want something to whine about. Sod off.

most of the good players play to win the match and damage is a by product of that pursuit. 

• Cool 1

[0456]
Members
3,342 posts
9,066 battles
1 minute ago, MEANN said:

most of the good players play to win the match and damage is a by product of that pursuit. 

Okay, but you don't want the CV going off and doing damage to other ships... so... which is it. 

[A-I-M]
Members
2,217 posts
11,364 battles
14 minutes ago, MEANN said:

1. Sometimes that DD or BB is off alone because the harassment from the carrier drove him out of the game. Keeping him out of the game or killing him is often vital.

2. DDs often go off on their own to hunt the CV. The Cv hunting a DD alone on a flank can rightly be considered an act of-self-defense. Unless you have pledged yourself to protect CVs and remain at their hip for the duration of every battle in which your team has one, you can’t fault the CV for defending himself.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Beta Testers
3,326 posts
13,078 battles

@MEANN tonight I played 11 games and lost 1, most had a cv in it, apart from one game, which we won, where the cv player was only out to farm kills, the rest of them played like you would dream of, ask them to spot they did, provide fighters, they did, I ran out of compliments for them, most of them scored in the top 1-5 range, and it was a pleasure for once having a series of games with players that just worked.

Now I know this for me was a rare occasion, but the issue is not with balance anymore so much, but with quality of the player using that ship.

You do know that by giving me a little snoozey emoji it makes my reputation go up so thanks

Edited by CriMiNaL__
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[HATE]
Members
726 posts
12,765 battles
6 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

@MEANN tonight I played 11 games and lost 1, most had a cv in it, apart from one game, which we won, where the cv player was only out to farm kills, the rest of them played like you would dream of, ask them to spot they did, provide fighters, they did, I ran out of compliments for them, most of them scored in the top 1-5 range, and it was a pleasure for once having a series of games with players that just worked.

Now I know this for me was a rare occasion, but the issue is not with balance anymore so much, but with quality of the player using that ship.

mite agree with you there. I wish i had those cv drivers...lol

Beta Testers
3,326 posts
13,078 battles
Just now, MEANN said:

mite agree with you there. I wish i had those cv drivers...lol

I have changed my tune with CV's, some with stupidly high damage rates are just farmers and never help, others that don't know how to use a keyboard should consider going back to t4 or play another class, but those players with healthy wr damage and so on seem to understand what is required, and its no different to your team shooting a bb 20km away while a radar ca is sitting in plain sight killing the dd on the team.

I will say tho I have been playing the Freisland and now I don't care if a cv is in the game, it can handle itself with the planes

[HATE]
Members
726 posts
12,765 battles
3 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I have changed my tune with CV's, some with stupidly high damage rates are just farmers and never help, others that don't know how to use a keyboard should consider going back to t4 or play another class, but those players with healthy wr damage and so on seem to understand what is required, and its no different to your team shooting a bb 20km away while a radar ca is sitting in plain sight killing the dd on the team.

I will say tho I have been playing the Freisland and now I don't care if a cv is in the game, it can handle itself with the planes

it is pretty much the only boat that can other than a grozi unless they nerf'd it recently. 

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,622 posts

I post on the forum between matches.  Loading into one right now.

• Boring 1

[NAV3]
Members
91 posts
4,090 battles

This  guy operates his cv's like a tourist. Since WG has an issue with people putting video's of Minks hunting Rats to give a mental description to the one dimensional player that assumes we Cv drivers play for damage. I'm going to be brief. "Sweet dreams are made of these." 

• Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[PN]
Beta Testers
8,126 posts
19,912 battles
1 hour ago, MEANN said:

how many cv's are crap posts or complaints about op'ness of cv's.

I don't give a flying rip one way or the other. My complaint is that WG caved to the whiners and screwed CVs period.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
67 posts
1 hour ago, MEANN said:

Here is my question.

Do you guys have shifts? 

And with all the answers you got here now, you made your point. Almost all the replies are from CV  players...lol...telling you how important it is that you have a CV...ahaha...and that you are a cry baby ..hahhaaaaaa!

Yeah as selfish and pointless as the CVs are in the game so are the players who play them...what a surprise!! I gave up and in most games in higher tiers you don't see them too often because good players just don't care about them either.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[HATE]
Members
726 posts
12,765 battles
4 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

I don't give a flying rip one way or the other. My complaint is that WG caved to the whiners and screwed CVs period.

dude we are mad that you have spent 5758 games at t4 and below. 

cv players are mad that they took away 8.0 cv where they could just ave 200k a game. 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
67 posts
3 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

AND how did they screw them over???

• Boring 1