Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rilak

ok need info ! how far will 1.8 million free exp go ?

18 comments in this topic

[AHOY_]
Members
1,021 posts
13,241 battles

so i dont really want any of the current free exp ships.  have all but the alaska or friesland. not even sure what these ships do well. a heavy cruiser and what kinda DD is the friesland ??

ok roughly how much exp is required to return to t10 after a reset ?

is the colbert any good ?

is the ohio any good ?    which one would you choose ??  quick dirty answers would suffice :)

thanks in advance !

• Boring 1

[AHOY_]
Members
1,021 posts
13,241 battles
Just now, Ducky_shot said:

Harugumo line is the least amount at 676,640. Or for 5 resets of it: 3,383,200

roger, so i wait for the 2x resets then my 1.8 could reset  3 lines :) and thus grab the ship

with all the special flags im pulling 10-15k free a game for the next 50 or so games.  be another 500-750K free  unless the 200% ends before im done

thanks

[NAUT]
Beta Testers
1,009 posts
8,290 battles

I've never run the Colbert as I'm not a pro Cruiser player. Ohio is nice tho. 

How much XP? Just an estimate is about 800k. I don't have any trees where I've not researched any of the ships. If you do, you can easily add it up. Just remember to add mandatory research items like B or C hulls. 

[HYDRO]
Members
3,677 posts
5,280 battles

Friesland is a DD with relatively bad concealment, no torpedoes, no Speed Boost.

In return she gets up to 1.4s reload time on her 2x2 guns with good fire chance, German DD Hydro with 5km range, American style Smoke with long duration, crazy strong AA. 

She is a very good ship with a pretty unique style, but has glaring weakness that can be exploited if you don't treat her right.

In that sense Alaska is a bit more "traditional" and should be easier to get into.

• Cool 1

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,814 posts
3,777 battles

I use 750k free xp as my baseline. It's actually closer to 800k. Remember with full dragon flags you will be saving like 30k free xp PER MATCH if you actually play the regrinds. 2 million might be half of a ship if you stretch it. 

Having tested both, Colbert is a meme. It's an alright ship, but more just for trolling and giggles. Ohio is similar to a slow Georgia on a Montana hull. 

Neither one is exceptionally powerful or meta... but both are fun. Not worth selling your soul over if you despise regrinds, barring special exceptions (myself being a BB main from real Ohio:Smile-_tongue:)

Edited by _BBaby
  • Cool 1

[AHOY_]
Members
1,021 posts
13,241 battles
2 minutes ago, _BBaby said:

I use 750k free xp as my baseline. It's actually closer to 800k. Remember with full dragon flags you will be saving like 30k free xp PER MATCH if you actually play the regrinds. 2 million might be half of a ship if you stretch it. 

Having tested both, Colbert is a meme. It's an alright ship, but more just for trolling and giggles. Ohio is similar to a slow Georgia on a Montana hull. 

Neither one is exceptionally powerful or meta... but both are fun. Not worth selling your soul over if you despise regrinds, barring special exceptions (myself being a BB main from real Ohio:Smile-_tongue:)

well i wont regrind anything just use my bloated free exp stock pile  to get the 20k research points. i have  90% of the t10s already so looking for a line that would be the least exp to re-unlock.

120 mill creds so thats not an issue either. freisland might be the funnest ship available now might just grab that.

Beta Testers
1,310 posts
7,070 battles
40 minutes ago, Rilak said:

so i dont really want any of the current free exp ships.  have all but the alaska or friesland. not even sure what these ships do well. a heavy cruiser and what kinda DD is the friesland ??

is the ohio any good ?    which one would you choose ??  quick dirty answers would suffice :)

thanks in advance !

What is the Friesland?

It's the Dutch mobile BBQ station designed to wreck DD face and annoy BB players for an entire game. It's awesome.

For the Colbert you'd need 2.7+ mill FXP minimum (iirc). The Ohio would require more. I really enjoy the Colbert the few games I've played with it. 

• Funny 1

[NWNG]
Members
2,940 posts
4,835 battles

1.8 million free experience is also enough to train a commander from 0-points to 19-points.

Getting to Harugumo with a reset is the cheapest (XP wise), and therefore fastest, of all tech-tree lines (I do not know the second cheapest)

• Cool 1

[VW]
Members
3,195 posts
16,226 battles
3 hours ago, Rilak said:

thanks in advance !

The problem isnt the fxp, its the credits. Remember you need to rebuy every ship and this is the catch. I just bought two tier 10 ships that wiped me out 30M creds. If you are worried about not enough fxp then you definitely dont have enough credits.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,622 posts

The AK is a good ship, it can take a hit on the chin and dish it out with US American AP. It's like a mini BB.

I just picked up the Friseland,  I wasn't sure about it either but I grab all the FXP ships eventually anyway.  She is a fun ship!  Lots of dakka dakka and will clear the skies around her with no sweat.

As a CV player, I haven't met a Friesland in randoms yet but from the experience of playing mine, when I am in my CV I am steering very clear of Frieslands.

[AHOY_]
Members
1,021 posts
13,241 battles
6 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

The problem isnt the fxp, its the credits. Remember you need to rebuy every ship and this is the catch. I just bought two tier 10 ships that wiped me out 30M creds. If you are worried about not enough fxp then you definitely dont have enough credits.

have 120 mill on creds. 2.6 mill commander exp and 1.8 million free exp.

just dont wanna spend time regrinding. so i may reset japan dd if they the cheapest for now then wait another 2 months for the 2x again. 

went ahead and got the friesland for now. got 2 more months to decide on a line reset if ever. before the next 2x

[VW]
Members
3,195 posts
16,226 battles
4 hours ago, Rilak said:

have 120 mill on creds. 2.6 mill commander exp and 1.8 million free exp.

just dont wanna spend time regrinding. so i may reset japan dd if they the cheapest for now then wait another 2 months for the 2x again. 

went ahead and got the friesland for now. got 2 more months to decide on a line reset if ever. before the next 2x

How do you have so many credits and so few fxp? Normally they go hand in hand.

[AHOY_]
Members
1,021 posts
13,241 battles
6 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

How do you have so many credits and so few fxp? Normally they go hand in hand.

they do ? no secret here i use max prem consums on every ship...... credits pour in while free exp requires special flags and 200% 1st wins to gather.

over 200 ships in port. i do have a missouri thats good for 1 mill a game but doesn't get used much. i have alot of games played since beta.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,439 posts
4,529 battles
23 hours ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Yo could buy yourself an 18 pt captain :cap_book:

That's true.  People forget that FXP works in lieu of ECXP. 

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,681 posts
On 9/21/2019 at 12:20 PM, Rilak said:

thanks in advance !

Alaska is amazing!  Of the free xp ships,I have Missouri, Kron, Musashi, and Alaska is by far the best.

Sign in to follow this