Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Landing_Skipper

New Ship Can Make Old Ship Play Better

8 comments in this topic

[-GPS-]
Members
2,876 posts
32,134 battles

I’ve struggled with the Flint. Maybe I was too aggressive because she’s supposed to be OP. I definitely wasn’t playing her like a light cruiser that happens to have smoke (and that smoke always runs out). 

I got Smolensk a couple days ago. The first 10 games were pretty awesome. Then I watched too many videos and started playing it badly. But when I took Flint out for a spin again, it seemed like I’d developed better map awareness and was positioning myself like a light cruiser (instead of a DD) and treating the smoke like the luxury it is instead the key part of gameplay. 

Yamato made all of my BB play better. Patience. Knowing when to hold down a flank, when to push, and when to bailout (if you can). Preposition your turrets because they are SLOW. 

And when I start screwing up torp DD play, return to Kamikaze. Try to stay undetected for an entire battle while getting as close as you can for each drop. IOW focus on the essentials. 

• Cool 1

[NG-NL]
Members
6,002 posts
9,654 battles

One of the nice things about WOWS: only four ship classes, so some of the lessons are same.

[RLGN]
Members
12,055 posts
21,617 battles

True.

Or they just make you hate the new ships.

Never found anything to like about RN CLs after Emerald. Dropped the line and sold everything (except Emerald and Belfast,) after Edinburgh.

[TDR]
Members
381 posts
6,303 battles

To each their own, I love the RN CL. Kept everything after emerald.  To the OP point I agree, it’s nice going back and running things you haven’t in a while. I’ve certainly learned to play some of the first ships I started playing in the game better when I go back a second time and try them after learning from mistakes

Members
1,072 posts
2 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

To each their own, I love the RN CL. Kept everything after emerald.  To the OP point I agree, it’s nice going back and running things you haven’t in a while. I’ve certainly learned to play some of the first ships I started playing in the game better when I go back a second time and try them after learning from mistakes

Also, there are ships that I just 'mesh' with, and others that just never did work for me, even after learning a lot more.

South Carolina, for example, is actually a pretty good old BB at T3, but when I first encountered it, I didn't know what I was doing at all.  I now know the difference.

Caledon and Karlsruhe, though, are two ships that absolutely don't work for me to this day.  Boise is probably my favorite mid-tier cruiser.  That boat just works for me.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,876 posts
32,134 battles
5 hours ago, KnifeInUrNeck said:

The French DDs made me a better DD captain. Knowing when to lean on concealment and when to ambush helps a lot.

Good point although iI t’s actually helped my cruiser play more. 

Sign in to follow this