You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

adapt, poor advice

72 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
3,311 posts
10,192 battles

I often get told to "adapt" to the changes in this game. Like everyone of you, I play this game for fun & entertainment. Of course we differ on what is fun & entertainment. Yes, the bottom line is I either adapt or move on to another game. Everyone playing this game understands that. Plus, we all must decide for ourselves at what point the game fails to deliver the fun & entertainment we're seeking. We all let off steam, rant & rave when we see changes we do not like. 

I also get told to adapt when I cite the very poor implementation of the CV rework. Live servers should never be the testing ground as it was with the CV rework. This point has nothing to do with adapting to the new game play brought about by the CV rework.

Yes, I know I will be told to adapt many, many times after this post.

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 6

[0456]
Members
3,342 posts
9,066 battles
4 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Live servers should never be the testing ground as it was with the CV rework.

But they were / are... so... now what?

You just going to stay mad about it? 

Edited by _ENO_
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2

[TDRB]
Members
3,311 posts
10,192 battles

No, I'm not going to be mad about it but it does show poor planning on WG part.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[WDS]
Members
2,225 posts
9,669 battles
18 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Which has been brought up and talked about for months . It’s time to let it go it’s over , done , finished ,  Acabado , Eccellente , 終わっている , Fertig .

Edited by clammboy
  • Cool 4
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
3,326 posts
13,078 battles
13 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

I don't think anyone would disagree with you about poor planning from weegee about the cv rebork, but you either play the same, and die over and over, or you change you style, (adapt), or better still learn a new way, which it seems for some, they would rather sit and complain, which you have every right to do so, or you can make changes (adapt).

So adapt or not, most people who (have/are/doing so), will see improvements in themselves, those that don't just sit there stagnant, beating the same ole drum.

This is the same with the cv issue, proliferation of radar, and of course upcoming subs (adapting for subs will have to come later).

People like to complain, its in their nature to do so, probably about everything not even game related, but one saying should always stick to mind and is a good go to when issues arise.

"Work the solution, not the problem"

Edited by CriMiNaL__
  • Cool 1

[CUTER]
Members
3,131 posts
12,643 battles
29 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

I often get told to "adapt" to the changes in this game. Like everyone of you, I play this game for fun & entertainment. Of course we differ on what is fun & entertainment. Yes, the bottom line is I either adapt or move on to another game. Everyone playing this game understands that. Plus, we all must decide for ourselves at what point the game fails to deliver the fun & entertainment we're seeking. We all let off steam, rant & rave when we see changes we do not like. 

I also get told to adapt when I cite the very poor implementation of the CV rework. Live servers should never be the testing ground as it was with the CV rework. This point has nothing to do with adapting to the new game play brought about by the CV rework.

I would have quit this game ages ago if it didn’t force me to do things differently.  How many times can you do the exact same thing over and over until you just can’t do it anymore?  I play the game because thing get shaken up forcing me to think through issues.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1

[TDRB]
Members
3,311 posts
10,192 battles
16 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Which has been brought up and talked about for months . It’s time to let it go it’s over , done , finished ,  Acabado , Eccellente , 終わっている , Fertig .

With subs coming along I think we need to keep it fresh in our minds. We need to demand more from WG.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[GOOF]
Members
408 posts
4,727 battles

There are those of us that defend the CV rebork to the death. that won't stop. 🙄

Constantly being told to adapt when something is bad/wrong something you disagree with is just people saying deal with it. 

This is a great way to drive off paying players that have been here for a long time. 

Edited by grorg
  • Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
3,311 posts
10,192 battles
6 minutes ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

I would have quit this game ages ago if it didn’t force me to do things differently.  How many times can you do the exact same thing over and over until you just can’t do it anymore?  I play the game because thing get shaken up forcing me to think through issues.

People do not complain about positives changes. The "adapt" advice comes when players are unhappy.

Beta Testers
3,326 posts
13,078 battles
2 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

With subs coming along I think we need to keep it fresh in our minds. We need to demand more from WG.

See this quote is perfect, its not a complaint, it s desire for a company to do better than it has done previously, which brings on a civil debate about game mechanics or other subjects.

Members
5,031 posts
8,521 battles
1 hour ago, kgh52 said:

Live servers should never be the testing ground as it was with the CV rework.

As a QA professional, this is a pie in sky thought.  Reality is they needed a ton more data than the testers could provide. In games like this the more playing the better the data.  It is NOT the same as testing a marketplace where people do 1 of 20 things because that is all they can do,  A game like this - an individual player has the chance to do 1 of 1000's of potential things and the game has 24 players.  A game that does not change is and will be boring so they need to add and change the game.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
3,326 posts
13,078 battles
1 minute ago, CylonRed said:

As a QA professional, this is a pie in sky thought.  Reality is they needed a ton more data than the testers could provide. In games like this the more playing the better the data.  It is NOT the same as testing a marketplace where people do 1 of 20 things because that is all they can do,  A game like this - an individual player has the chance to do 1 of 1000's of potential things and the game has 24 players.  A game that does not change is and will be boring so they need to add and change the game.

I do wish they used more testers as most of the vids I have seen so far has way to many bots on either team, which was the same issue with the cv rework, so I can see if they don't get the data they require things may repeat themselves if they're not careful.

Members
5,031 posts
8,521 battles
1 hour ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I do wish they used more testers as most of the vids I have seen so far has way to many bots on either team, which was the same issue with the cv rework, so I can see if they don't get the data they require things may repeat themselves if they're not careful.

It is not like they have an infinite pool is testers to throw into a server.

[CUTER]
Members
3,131 posts
12,643 battles
8 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

People do not complain about positives changes. The "adapt" advice comes when players are unhappy.

Those that refuse to evolve die off.  It’s just the way things are.  Most of these players just want to [edited] until WG solves their problem for them.

I like CVs in the game, they speed up the game play and require different behavior to succeed against.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
3,326 posts
13,078 battles
2 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

It is not like they have an infinite pool is testers to throw into a server.

Maybe not but limiting the numbers, I am guessing, is so they can take feedback from the few, rather than the masses, so they can apply changes, and keep testing, and again I am guessing, open up to more and more people for testing as changes are implemented.

[CMFRT]
Members
10,269 posts
1 hour ago, kgh52 said:

Agreed.

"Adapt" has become a hollow hallow, a buzzword that people think wins the argument with no actual substance underlying it -- for every time it's a valid comment, it's just noise ten other times. 

9 minutes ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

Those that refuse to evolve die off.  It’s just the way things are. 

What most people tend to forget when it comes to evolution... is that most mutations are bad, and most changes lead to death, not growth. 

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Cool 3

[WDS]
Members
2,225 posts
9,669 battles
22 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

That's a fair point as long as were not going down the what they did wrong CV rabbit hole again .

21 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

What's positive for some is negative for others. People complain about almost any change that takes them out of there comfort zone good or bad . 

• Boring 1

Members
1,072 posts

Even a game with so many available to test as World of Warcraft at its height *still* had bugs that weren't found in testing, even when Player Test Realms were packed full of people.  

Also, sometimes things aren't exposed as bugs till run against the 'live' DB of players, rather than a clean 'test' player DB.  

Also, all the time when testing is discussed on this game, tons of people say that they won't test, because the rewards weren't good enough to take the time to test.   Other games I've done testing on didn't offer any rewards at all. 

As far as 'adapt' goes, when the game changes, you can adapt, quit, or whine like a toddler and have a temper tantrum.  Those are your choices.  You don't own the game company.  You just play it.

Edited by agm114r

[RLGN]
Members
12,030 posts
21,537 battles
39 minutes ago, clammboy said:

No.

The seasons are changing to Fall/Winter where I’m at, and my hate for the stinking, rotten, fly-infested pile of biological byproducts that is the carrier rework keeps me warm at night.

21 minutes ago, NoLoveForPhatShips said:

I believe WG stated they failed at the rework now we have to live with it because they can't fix it and they won't remove it so there it is

Oh, they could fix it, they just won’t.

15 minutes ago, grorg said:

There are those of us that defend the CV rebork to the death. that won't stop. 🙄

Constantly being told to adapt when something is bad/wrong something you disagree with is just people saying deal with it. 

This is a great way to drive off paying players that have been here for a long time. 

Too invested in the game already to quit.

Trying to reach a personal goal of gameplay. After that, all bets will be off.

3 minutes ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

Those that refuse to evolve die off.  It’s just the way things are.  Most of these players just want to [edited] until WG solves their problem for them.

I have adapted.

I don’t expect WG to solve the problems I have with the game;

1: Most of mine are self-inflicted.

2: I wouldn’t trust them to do anything but screw things up even if they tried.

8 minutes ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

I like CVs in the game, they speed up the game play and require different behavior to succeed against.

Don’t disagree. Didn’t have trouble dealing under RTS, don’t have trouble now.

The rework can still go to hell.

• Boring 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,417 posts
4,863 battles
29 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Wat?  People complain about everything on these forums...  As with most game forums it's population is about 50% made up with people who's sole entertainment is to complain about everything..... 

• Boring 1

[TDR]
Members
372 posts
6,236 battles

Sigh, more CV whining. Agreed with previous post that the rework was not ideal and kudos to WG for admitting such and saying the will handle it differently in the future.  CVs aren’t broken and if you think they are then you are refusing to let go.

If I didn’t have to adapt to anything in this game I would quit long ago. I don’t like the same play style and meta day after day after day. Maybe some do and that’s fine, but the game to me would be boring doing the same thing every day.

• Boring 2

Members
1,072 posts
Just now, RA6E_ said:

Wat?  People complain about everything on these forums...  As with most game forums it's population is about 50% made up with people who's sole entertainment is to complain about everything..... 

There are people here who will complain about the slightest change.  I've seen it many times.

• Boring 2

[RLGN]
Members
12,030 posts
21,537 battles
2 minutes ago, agm114r said:

Also, all the time when testing is discussed on this game, tons of people say that they won't test, because the rewards weren't good enough to take the time to test.

I test, but zero rewards for doing so, period.

Long story short; computer crash three years ago cost me access to my original PT account, preventing me from linking to my base account when in finally redownloaded the PT through the GC.

Basically my ‘rewards’ are sitting unclaimed out there somewhere in a digital Never-never Land. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,072 posts
8 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I test, but zero rewards for doing so, period.

Long story short; computer crash three years ago cost me access to my original PT account, preventing me from linking to my base account when in finally redownloaded the PT through the GC.

Basically my ‘rewards’ are sitting unclaimed out there somewhere in a digital Never-never Land. 

Good for you, that you test anyway. 

I understand the issue with the original PT account.  The problem with that kind of issue is finding the right person who will ask the right question of the right other person who actually understands how to fix the issue.  The customer service people probably don't have that issue on their 'scripts', after all, and in my experience, 80% (or more?) of people can't troubleshoot their way out of a paper bag w/o being given detailed instructions.  I run into this all the time when hiring new people who are supposedly 'IT-experienced.'

My point, perhaps not articulated well, is that this is the first game I've seen where the playerbase comes right out and says "We won't test unless you give us X".  But, those people are always happy to tell WG how it should have been done after the fact...