You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Sleeping Giant - Hood Unleashed

16 comments in this topic

[CNO]
Members
5,173 posts
16,269 battles

Full Speed Ahead action in the Hood.  Taking advantage of speed to grab a cap early...then driving deep center just because it's there...

• Cool 3

[-K-]
Members
7,307 posts
12,010 battles

Wait.  People still play Hood.......on purpose? :Smile_amazed:

• Boring 1

[HINON]
Members
3,173 posts
23,329 battles

I tried to watch but the camera movement is giving me a headache. It's like watching a squirrel on crack play ships. Big cojones  sneaking into the donut tho.

Edited by giovybez
  • Cool 2

Members
240 posts
8,456 battles
1 hour ago, giovybez said:

I tried to watch but the camera movement is giving me a headache. It's like watching a squirrel on crack play ships. Big cojones  sneaking into the donut tho.

Me too!

[ARS]
Beta Testers
3,445 posts
3,382 battles
3 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Its one of the best battleships at Tier VII.  Before Sinop was added it was arguably the best battleship at Tier VII.  If you know how to make use of its speed and armor.

[CNO]
Members
5,173 posts
16,269 battles
4 hours ago, giovybez said:

Sorry...that's me.  A squirrel on crack.  Funny thing is when I'm "in" the game I don't notice it.  But when I watch the video afterwards, I notice it too.  I try to give the "captain's chair" view of my videos.  That is the real-time me.  But maybe I should rethink it if all I do is give headaches.   

[ICBM]
Members
653 posts
14,542 battles

Between Wiley Coyote and the Roadrunner...

Yep, very much distracting...

Focus Grasshopper...

Members
1,470 posts
6,461 battles
10 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Full Speed Ahead action in the Hood.  Taking advantage of speed to grab a cap early...then driving deep center just because it's there...

Well played.
I enjoyed seeing how many citadel-hits you scored.
Perhaps it is just me, but I was able to follow the action just fine.
Good Fighter Pilots are told to "keep their head on a swivel" to maintain situational awareness. 
Good WOW's Captains do the same, in their own way, I figure.

I was curious about your reasoning for the use of your ship's horn at times.  I also found it amusing and morale boosting.  :-)

Thanks for sharing.  :-)

[CNO]
Members
5,173 posts
16,269 battles
5 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

I use her with a speed flag...because a percentage of fast is faster.  Let's me do stuff like this in the game.  I was full speed for the donut from the get go. No one expects it...which is why it sometimes works.  Red Izumo decided to go static.  I was able to cit the New Orleans, so he turned off quick.  Their support was late to the party and got stuck at the corner.  I was really surprised their red DD didn't challenge me from the other side.  I have a plan for that situation, but didn't have to use it.  Some of my "squirrel" spins were due to not knowing which side the threat would hit me.  Once the threat subsided, I counted the ships on the flanks, and all were accounted for....on the flanks (or in our backfield...the DD) ..so I figured...what the hell...let's go cap.  Didn't make sense to work the other corner of the donut because half their fleet was sitting there and would kill me quick.  I was worried their DD going deep would spot me, but we got him before he did...so I was able to make it pretty far before the reds saw me.  Then it was sort of a "play by ear" depending on how they responded.  Just be a thorn in their side...and screw up whatever defensive setup they were using.  When the East Reds began to focus me, I put my stern on them and rolled the other way.

The only "plan" was getting inside the donut before they killed me.  Everything after that was seat of my pants, taking whatever they gave me.

As an aside, anyone notice my first (and only) normal pen of Izumo didn't register any damage?

Edit:  Oh, the speed trick often works even better when top tier because the only other shps as fast as Hood are DDs and CAs.  I surprise a lot of CAs at some caps on some maps.  Maps with terrain that hids spots are the best.  Use terrain on the ingress, then show up...SURPRISE!

Edited by Soshi_Sone

[0456]
Members
3,342 posts
9,066 battles
2 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

As an aside, anyone notice my first (and only) normal pen of Izumo didn't register any damage?

Is this to make a point about module damage for new people?

Edited by _ENO_

[CNO]
Members
5,173 posts
16,269 battles
1 minute ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I was curious about your reasoning for the use of your ship's horn at times.  I also found it amusing and morale boosting.  :-)

Mostly just goofing off.  The only Legit horn was when our CA turned across my vector as I headed to the donut.  Speed was life at that moment, and if I hit him or had to maneuver too much, I was dead.  My only salvation was to get into the protective confines of the donut.  Even then, the Izumo worked me over pretty bad before I got there.

[CNO]
Members
5,173 posts
16,269 battles
2 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

Is this a point made to point out module damage to new people?

Should not the module damage display an icon on the main screen?

[0456]
Members
3,342 posts
9,066 battles
1 minute ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Should not the module damage display an icon on the main screen?

Should or shouldn't... it doesn't.