You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lostkiwi_Disturbed

Yudachi Do not buy it.

28 comments in this topic

Members
23 posts

This boat is one if not the worse premium ship released, it torps are 57 kph  it has  a 1.9 range on spotting them. 

Evening giving BBs a whole 15 seconds to avoid them.

Guns are crap and the reload booster is a gimmick at best.

Just look at the stats I so wanted to love this ship, but it is the dogs bollocks.

Russia gets the Smolensk Broken in so many ways, the Japanese gets this... WG get over the sino-russia war it was 100 years ago  move on...

You got your [edited] kicked build a bridge,,,

• Cool 3
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 1

[M_S]
Members
415 posts
3,887 battles
7 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Torp acceleration for the win.

Torpedoes: We still get seen 13 seconds before we strike target.

[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,037 posts
17,200 battles
1 minute ago, tyinnow said:

Torpedoes: We still get seen 13 seconds before we strike target.

16 torps....

Let's bait a turn with the first 4.....

But a good driver knows this....

[M_S]
Members
415 posts
3,887 battles
3 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

16 torps....

Let's bait a turn with the first 4.....

But a good driver knows this....

It's still not much better than Shiratsuyu in this regard... and Shiratsuyu is free.

[CRMSN]
Members
8,830 posts
9,700 battles
17 minutes ago, tyinnow said:

It's still not much better than Shiratsuyu in this regard... and Shiratsuyu is free.

But Yudy gets smoke. They stole Shira's smoke.

[TBW]
Members
8,633 posts
15,512 battles

I'll get it in a Santa box if it's in the line up, otherwise, oh well too bad so sad. I have most of the premiums anyway and I am not overly poi.

[UNNAT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
39 posts
13,058 battles

skill and map awareness needed to make those ships work necessitate a no-buy to safe health. You'll thank me later down the road when it all comes together and you desire a easier ship to drive.

• Boring 1

Members
321 posts
14,322 battles

People talking about skill being require to play a ship is missing the point. Just because you can do good in a Yudachi doesn't make her good for the same reason T-22 is not a good ship even though I have unicum stats in her and for the same matter Emerald. Any ship no matter how trash can be played "right."

Now as that is out of the way, Yudachi is a trash ship of a premium. 57kts and 1.9 torp detectability not only means that they are slow but easy to avoid, especially for players the more capable player base. I'd much rather play that Akatsuki who is far more reliable if I do want an IJN DD as she has good guns and reliable torps in 3 separate sets. If I want a pREEmium, then get the Z-39 or Lenningrad. Lenningrad is extremely fast and can go over 45kts and is just a very solid DD. Z-39 is also very strong with her hydro and large hp pool.

[TROLO]
Members
200 posts
13,157 battles

Does anyone remember when Georgia was first released? There were Georgias for days. We had Georgias coming out of our eyeballs. Destroyers with good torpedoes enjoyed a real happy time; I had some great games in Asashio. Same with boats like Jean Bart, Alaska, Exeter, even Prince Eitel Friedrich and West Virginia.
Yudachi...I didn't even see my first Yudachi in battle until the late evening of the day she was released. And unlike the three new premiums per side that I've seen in the past, I'm lucky if I can see just one per game. Also, haven't seen hide nor hair of her in Ranked Sprint, and in the past even crappy or misplaced or powercrept premiums like Huanghe, Abruzzi, Azuma or Benham have made appearances in Ranked.
Yes, Yudachi is that bad. So bad, even the weeb energy that WG was doubtless hoping would finance this ship is lacking.

306nrg.jpg

Screenshot (1653).png

Screenshot (1945).png

Screenshot (1972).png

Screenshot (2016).png

• Cool 2

[TROLO]
Members
423 posts
8,294 battles
1 hour ago, Nine_Lives_ said:

Does anyone remember when Georgia was first released? There were Georgias for days. We had Georgias coming out of our eyeballs. Destroyers with good torpedoes enjoyed a real happy time; I had some great games in Asashio. Same with boats like Jean Bart, Alaska, Exeter, even Prince Eitel Friedrich and West Virginia.
Yudachi...I didn't even see my first Yudachi in battle until the late evening of the day she was released. And unlike the three new premiums per side that I've seen in the past, I'm lucky if I can see just one per game. Also, haven't seen hide nor hair of her in Ranked Sprint, and in the past even crappy or misplaced or powercrept premiums like Huanghe, Abruzzi, Azuma or Benham have made appearances in Ranked.
Yes, Yudachi is that bad. So bad, even the weeb energy that WG was doubtless hoping would finance this ship is lacking.

306nrg.jpg

Screenshot (1653).png

Screenshot (1945).png

Screenshot (1972).png

Screenshot (2016).png

So true it really hurts... Same thing with Azuma. When Alaska released there was Alaskas everywhere (got a few very high damage games on Musashi thanks to that) and with Azuma... Well I was on holidays playing 16 hours a day with her in all that time maybe 1 or two other than me. Pretty much says everything about IJN Prems...

[CRMSN]
Members
8,830 posts
9,700 battles
16 hours ago, Nine_Lives_ said:

306nrg.jpg

Screenshot (1653).png

Screenshot (1945).png

Screenshot (1972).png

Screenshot (2016).png

I've played Yudy 2 of my 3 ranked rounds. I won both. Soooo. Yeah. Is she different? Yup. Do you need to learn how to use her? Absolutely. Is she bad? Absolutely not.

Azuma, on the other hand...

[INTEL]
Members
11,372 posts
31,838 battles

I have Yudachi. Haven't dev struck anything yet, my average is poor and I have little effect on match outcomes. The torps even with acceleration are easily dodged.

But that's not even the worst part. Her guns are absolutely awful: 8.1 sec reload with BFT, mediocre range, slow turret rotation, and crappy damage even with IFHE. You can't gun down anything with that ship.

I would just play Akat or Shira. Both have much better guns. Spend your money on something else.

Members
3,937 posts
4,211 battles

Guns are bad but i've dev stuck a good handful of ships now. Yudachi just can't play aggressively, but shouldn't max range snipe either. I'd say the ship is balanced'ish, but I'd like to see a buff or so to anything about it. The ship is like Indy, they gave up a lot for their power gimmick but at least Indy functions close to NO now after several buffs later.  

[PIZZA]
Members
18 posts
6,503 battles

I really hated this ship for the first few battles. It can get good damage with torpedoes. It cannot cap unless it is the only ship left in the area. I have not made up my mind yet if I actually like it yet. Guns are terrible.

Edited by AmatolHE

Members
1,505 posts
6,503 battles

I welcomed Yuudachi into my port today, as part of the Admiral package (Commemorative Flag, 10 point Commander, many signal-flags,  plus some doubloons and credits to keep her in good health).

I've been playing her in Co-op matches to get a feel for her.

I purchased the rudder-shift module to help her manuever a bit better.  She is relatively stable and not the fastest ship on the water, so her turns aren't tight or twitchy like a white-water canoe, instead her turns are smooth and with a relatively large turning radius for a DD (at least, that's how they feel).

Yuudachi and I are still getting acquainted.  But so far she's proven capable of sinking ships with some planning on my part.

"Poi!" and see you on the virtual seas, Captains.  :-)

Members
2,075 posts
11,053 battles

Hey

The sad part is like for many Japanese DD's they have a certain bias against them, plain and simple.  The one thing that would help would be to make the torps far less detectable, and increase the turret rotation of the Japanese 127's BUT does anyone think for a moment that Wargaming will do that or just continue to power creep them with each new nation line that comes along.  They couldn't even make Yudachi original in the same way that Harekaze was, fun and engaging with choices for a unique play style, and a better chance of making real game money.  Instead, all anyone got was a lame boat, even all the CC's agree it was near garbage.  Glad I didn't buy it.

Pete 

[SALVO]
Members
22,944 posts
23,545 battles
On 9/23/2019 at 12:21 AM, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

The sad part is like for many Japanese DD's they have a certain bias against them, plain and simple.  The one thing that would help would be to make the torps far less detectable, and increase the turret rotation of the Japanese 127's BUT does anyone think for a moment that Wargaming will do that or just continue to power creep them with each new nation line that comes along.  They couldn't even make Yudachi original in the same way that Harekaze was, fun and engaging with choices for a unique play style, and a better chance of making real game money.  Instead, all anyone got was a lame boat, even all the CC's agree it was near garbage.  Glad I didn't buy it.

Pete 

Pete, there are some points you make in this post that I agree with.  But they couldn't have made the Yudachi like the Harekaze.  You have to remember that the Harekaze was a High School Fleet (HSF) collaboration ship, and was based on the anime show.  To me, that made going the route of the Harekaze a no-go; not because of it being anime or a collab, but the multi-hull thing.

I think that they could have done a number of different things with the Yudachi that would have made her more comfortable and hopefully more fun to play.

Option 1. Give her the Type 8 mod 2 torpedoes, i.e. the stock Ataksuki and Shiratsuyu torps.  10km range, 16267 damage, 59 kt speed, 1.5 km detection range.  And then have her guns' reload be the same as the other tier 7 IJN DDs, i.e. 7.5 sec.  This would have produced what was roughly a stock-ish Shiratsuyu, though with decent guns.  Oh, and allow her to keep the Torp reload booster and smoke consumables in separate slots.

Option 2.  Give her the Type 93 mod 1 torpedoes, i.e. the Kagero's upgraded torps.  10 km range, about 20.9k damage, 67 kt speed, 1.7 detection range.   But perhaps without the torp reload booster.  Maybe with the current Yudachi's weaker guns.

Option 3: Keep the current torpedoes, but make them DWT's like the Asashio.  (Better yet, make them like PA DWTs.)  And give it the same guns as the Ataksuki and Shiratsuyu.

Those are just 3 ideas that I think could have produced a more enjoyable version of the Yudachi.

Members
2,075 posts
11,053 battles
5 hours ago, Crucis said:

Pete, there are some points you make in this post that I agree with.  But they couldn't have made the Yudachi like the Harekaze.  You have to remember that the Harekaze was a High School Fleet (HSF) collaboration ship, and was based on the anime show.  To me, that made going the route of the Harekaze a no-go; not because of it being anime or a collab, but the multi-hull thing.

I think that they could have done a number of different things with the Yudachi that would have made her more comfortable and hopefully more fun to play.

Option 1. Give her the Type 8 mod 2 torpedoes, i.e. the stock Ataksuki and Shiratsuyu torps.  10km range, 16267 damage, 59 kt speed, 1.5 km detection range.  And then have her guns' reload be the same as the other tier 7 IJN DDs, i.e. 7.5 sec.  This would have produced what was roughly a stock-ish Shiratsuyu, though with decent guns.  Oh, and allow her to keep the Torp reload booster and smoke consumables in separate slots.

Option 2.  Give her the Type 93 mod 1 torpedoes, i.e. the Kagero's upgraded torps.  10 km range, about 20.9k damage, 67 kt speed, 1.7 detection range.   But perhaps without the torp reload booster.  Maybe with the current Yudachi's weaker guns.

Option 3: Keep the current torpedoes, but make them DWT's like the Asashio.  (Better yet, make them like PA DWTs.)  And give it the same guns as the Ataksuki and Shiratsuyu.

Those are just 3 ideas that I think could have produced a more enjoyable version of the Yudachi.

Hey

There is a lot of things they could have done; but clearly chose to make her Bland, boring and not even close to being a good DD based on those who did buy/play it and then all of the CC reviews.  How long does anyone think it will; take before Wargaming gives it more attention?  OR do you think it will stay firmly in the Meh/semi garbage category?  My guess, it will stay an uninteresting Meh boat relegated to port queen/seldom played role.

Pete

[SALVO]
Members
22,944 posts
23,545 battles
15 minutes ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

There is a lot of things they could have done; but clearly chose to make her Bland, boring and not even close to being a good DD based on those who did buy/play it and then all of the CC reviews.  How long does anyone think it will; take before Wargaming gives it more attention?  OR do you think it will stay firmly in the Meh/semi garbage category?  My guess, it will stay an uninteresting Meh boat relegated to port queen/seldom played role.

Pete

I tend to agree with you.  Oh, they might … might … improve the RoF of her guns, but the Yudachi pays a ridiculously steep price for long range torpedoes that are so easy to avoid that you only seem to get hits with them if you catch an enemy as they come around the corner of an island, or if they're a total noob.

It's frustrating because it seems like WG is bound and determined to not produce GOOD premium torp boats.  And honestly, I don't even think of the Asashio as "good", in spite of its ability to pile up a lot of damage in battles with plenty of BBs.  To me, it's too situational to be truly good.  The Shinonome might be the best general purpose premium torp boat and it's not even a ship that they sell. 

(I suppose that you could also put the Kamikaze/Fujin in there too.  Some think that it's OP.  I think that it's just a good torp boat that has just the right mix of abilities that in the hands of a good torp boat DD player, it can feast on newbie players in lower tier battles.  But I don't see that as making it OP in the normal sense of the word.)

I just wish that WG would stop trying to over gimmick the IJN torp boat premium DDs and just try to produce botes that were similar to general usage, tech tree IJN torp boats.  The Shinonome fits that description.  The Harekaze isn't all that far from that description (particularly if you used the A hull).  But they overdo it when they mess around with the torps so much.