You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_ENO_

Ranked Sprint, season 8 rosters.

14 comments in this topic

[0456]
Members
3,342 posts
9,066 battles

Typically I’ll do the earlier tiers in a cruiser and then switch over to BB for the top 5. Not sure that’s going to work this time around. 

I've only played a few games but all of them were 4BBs a cruiser and a DD. 

The cruisers either don’t get much done or get murdered or a combination of both. I find DDs are in the same predicament they’re always in... can never be everywhere people want them at once.

What has your experience been so far? 

Edited by _ENO_

[PQUOD]
Members
2,059 posts
4,196 battles
10 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

Typically I’ll do the earlier tiers in a cruiser and then switch over to BB for the top 5. Not sure that’s going to work this time around. 

Move only played a few games but all of them were 4BBs a cruiser and a DD. 

The cruisers either don’t get much done or get murdered or a combination of both. I find DDs are in the same predicament they’re always in... can never be everywhere people want them at once.

What has your experience been so far? 

BB and CV will work for me. Vlad and Shokaku are front runners for my lineup.

[TBW]
Members
8,646 posts
15,526 battles

Haven't tried yet still working on Birthday cake flakes, maybe tomorrow. I will probably start out with a BB though.

[-1]
Members
406 posts
7,170 battles

Pathetic gameplay this sprint; tons of very bad players. I was just picking gifts for tier 7 ships and suddenly ranked out. 

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,878 posts
11,515 battles

The problem with sprint is how people come at the game in general. DAMAGE FARMING.

DDS wont engage other dds or even try to spot them.

Cruisers trying to farm on bbs, because they are easier to hit

No one plays the objective or works together. Most tend to ignore calls for focus fire on target.

Sprint isnt the problem. Bad players however are and they make up a majority of the server.

[0456]
Members
3,342 posts
9,066 battles
7 hours ago, xalmgrey said:

BB and CV will work for me. Vlad and Shokaku are front runners for my lineup.

That’s season 9 in tier 8. What about season 8 in tier 7?

[CUTER]
Members
3,145 posts
12,668 battles

Ranking out in Sprint doesn’t make me feel like I really did anything, especially now that there is no top bracket MMing pool.  There is no skill improvement on average as you go up the ranks, and it annoys me.  I love regular ranked since it’s one of the only modes where you can face much better players on average.  This game is so much better when the players know what to be doing and can hit their shots.

I finished last night messing around with an Atlanta with no AFT to test some theories I have had success with some DDs.  The theory being AFT can often be a bad choice due to the gun bloom mechanics.  Being able to control your detection by limiting yourself to a single target that is spotting you can make you a very elusive target, even in open water.  The question I am asking is that if you really can’t land large numbers of hits consistently on most targets are you better off using the AFT points elsewhere?

[WOLF2]
Members
1,569 posts
10,019 battles

Sprint 7 and 8 were a bit different for me.   In the four year's played, I haven't given much effort to DDs.   The French objectives got me some DD seat time for the first time in a long while, and I enjoyed it.

I thought I'd do sprints 7 and 8 in DDs exclusively.   Why not, since I'm usually grumbling about our DDs rushing in and suiciding?   

Plus, it gives a platform to grind up a ship.   Sprint 7 put me in the Guepard.   Sprint 8 put me in the Mahan.      Frankly, it was a great experience in understanding my bote's strengths/weaknesses while getting better exposure on the strengths/weaknesses of enemy DDs and cruisers.   

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,811 posts
13,851 battles

Ranked is about BBs and DDs 90% of time, unless you are really good in cruisers.

Also low/mid tiers bbs dominate the cruisers (unless you have some broken cruisers like payfast)

[PQUOD]
Members
2,059 posts
4,196 battles
4 hours ago, _ENO_ said:

That’s season 9 in tier 8. What about season 8 in tier 7?

I ranked out using Scharnhorst only. I could carry in it when i needed to.

[0456]
Members
3,342 posts
9,066 battles
Just now, xalmgrey said:

I ranked out using Scharnhorst only. I could carry in it when i needed to.

Yeah Scharn is one of my favourites for the same reason...

[WOLF2]
Members
4,391 posts
16,782 battles
5 hours ago, dimzzy said:

Pathetic gameplay this sprint; tons of very bad players. I was just picking gifts for tier 7 ships and suddenly ranked out. 

This made the most sense since it doesn't really matter what you play lol ...

I started with DDs and switched to a new one with each win for camos + you get 200% bonus … finished with a couple of BBs 

Edited by Commander_367

[WOLF2]
Members
4,391 posts
16,782 battles
2 hours ago, enderland07 said:

The Mahan was easy mode.

I played 18 games. I was top XP in 15 of them. I never lost a star.

Mahan worked well on island maps - you can fire over mountains directly onto the campers :)

Edit: I can't remember if that was sims or mahan, but both worked 

Edited by Commander_367