You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rabin69

Being bottom tier in a T8 means....

22 comments in this topic

[SHAFT]
Members
701 posts
14,933 battles

Absolutely nothing if that ship is a non bias super bb apparently.

Bulk of damage came from mid range gun fights with a Henri then a Zao.

For some reason they both did not respect the power of stalinium against their bows and charged me. Kiting away they would have easily burned me down.

shot-19.09.20_22.06.57-0970.jpg

shot-19.09.20_22.07.04-0973.jpg

• Boring 2

Members
2,897 posts
10,693 battles

4 RU vs 2 RU, obvious victory for your team. Buff Kremlin!

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma
  • Funny 1

[SCREW]
Members
656 posts
7,146 battles

Most BBs and DDs can do just fine, some cruisers will struggle a bit but really being bottom tier in this game isn't anywhere near as bad as being bottom tier in WoT.

Members
344 posts
33 minutes ago, Sethanas said:

Most BBs and DDs can do just fine, some cruisers will struggle a bit but really being bottom tier in this game isn't anywhere near as bad as being bottom tier in WoT.

No truer statement. It's why I find threads complaining about being bottom tier so weird. This isn't like WoT, a teir II can kill a tier X if played well enough. 

Ah i remember the good old days of trolling tier V BBs in my St. Louis or diving up to play Mutsuki's in tier X games during the Mutsuki's glory days.

Edited by Neko_Ship_Akashi

[VETSN]
Members
953 posts
58 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

Shhhh.... nobody tell the OP that Soviet BB's are possibly being nerfed as confirmed on yesterdays 4th anniversary Twitch stream...

What? It’s completely normal getting hit by 5 of the 6 shells fired from a tier 7 BB at 16k away right? 

Edited by BarneyStyle

[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts
17 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

What? It’s completely normal getting hit by 5 of the 6 shells fired from a tier 7 BB at 16k away right? 

Well... Sub_Octavian didn't really elaborate on what is being considered in yesterdays stream... but he did confirm that something is being done to address Soviet BB's. What? Nobody knows at this time. But I'll bet it has more to do with the armor or AA rather than the dispersion... they will still be close range brawlers like German BB's, but they won't be amazingly better than German BB's like they are now.

Nerfing their AA would fix them. Or maybe make them more susceptible to HE spam.

Might wanna consider buying the Lenin before the nerf hits lol :)

Edited by ElectroVeeDub

[VETSN]
Members
953 posts
10 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

Might wanna consider buying the Lenin before the nerf hits lol :)

Won it in a crate not to long ago, it’s a fun ship, and it has a far more balanced armor scheme than the tech tree ships.  

[WOLFD]
Members
707 posts
5,481 battles
5 hours ago, Neko_Ship_Akashi said:

No truer statement. It's why I find threads complaining about being bottom tier so weird. This isn't like WoT, a teir II can kill a tier X if played well enough.

While it is true bottom tier BBs and DDs can do OK, most cruisers can't.  The reason players complain is not because they are bottom tier in an individual game, but because they are bottom tier multiple games in a row.  Try being a bottom tier cruiser 10, or 20 matches in a row.  It gets old, it really does.

• Cool 1

[TNG-2]
Members
2,046 posts
4,331 battles
1 hour ago, BarneyStyle said:

In a tight dispersion too!!

Members
344 posts
5 hours ago, AXELGREASE said:

While it is true bottom tier BBs and DDs can do OK, most cruisers can't.  The reason players complain is not because they are bottom tier in an individual game, but because they are bottom tier multiple games in a row.  Try being a bottom tier cruiser 10, or 20 matches in a row.  It gets old, it really does.

I have, and I've had both fun and frustration. Like most ships it depends on you, your team, and your opponents. 

[PQUOD]
Members
2,059 posts
4,196 battles

Being bottom tier isn't mind over matter in a CV though. Specially T8 in TX matches. That is where being up tiered affects performance drastically. TX AA is too powerful, heck its too powerful even for TX CV. Probably one of the reasons i don't see many. Too expensive to run.

Edited by xalmgrey

Members
2,161 posts
6,363 battles
12 hours ago, Rabin69 said:

For some reason they both did not respect the power of stalinium against their bows and charged me

How would that have been different in North Carolina and company 

[-GOD-]
Members
788 posts
8 hours ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

Soviet BB's are possibly being nerfed

BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT, how did Reagan put it "TRUST BUT VERIFY"

[SHAFT]
Members
701 posts
14,933 battles
9 hours ago, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

How would that have been different in North Carolina and company 

Cause in my experience the NC can have the occasional wonky dispersion, even at closer ranges.

The RU bbs are way more accurate at that sub 12k range. BTW I am having a much better time with the Vlad than I ever did with the NC. I still like her, but the Bama is better for me.

T8 BBS.png

Edited by Rabin69

[HINON]
Members
6,590 posts
9,869 battles

the only ship type in this game that truly suffers from being bottom tier, is CVs, but the majority of the playerbase hate CVs so i guess it doesnt matter

Edited by tcbaker777

Members
2,161 posts
6,363 battles
10 hours ago, Rabin69 said:

Cause in my experience the NC can have the occasional wonky dispersion, even at closer ranges.

The RU bbs are way more accurate at that sub 12k range. BTW I am having a much better time with the Vlad than I ever did with the NC. I still like her, but the Bama is better for me.

T8 BBS.png

That is quite the shift.

How long ago did you grind the NC?

She's still my best damage ship, tier for tier. 

[SHAFT]
Members
701 posts
14,933 battles
12 hours ago, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

That is quite the shift.

How long ago did you grind the NC?

She's still my best damage ship, tier for tier. 

The NC has always been a hard ship for me ( as are all US bbs tbh) because I play aggressive when I'm in a bb. I maybe finished the grind to the Iowa about a year ago.

I've played quite a bit of dds so I understand the challenges they face and when I play bb I want to be in the best position to support and deal with the enemy Ca/Cls. The NC is great at getting into those positions, unfortunately with random being as it is, it is quite easy to be focussed when the rest of the team sits back.

Strangely, the lessons learned the hard way in the NC played huge dividends with the Iowa and  Monty and even Bbs of other lines. I now know how to better angle and most importantly to hold for the better shot than just fire as soon as I got a target.

I actually bought the perma cammo for her, but I got so many ships I probably don't pay her as much as I would like to.

On a side note I've seen so many players in the NC playing the bow tanking spiel, it has me shaking my head. She's a great flanker and when the dispersion favours you, it is possible to wreck anything.