You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LunchCutter

When Miracles Happen...

14 comments in this topic

Members
615 posts
2,166 battles

Started a game in my New Orleans and it lasted about 60 seconds.. A friendly BB fired a salvo at the enemy BB at 20k, he returned fire, his shells missed his target and hit me as I sailed past minding my own business, my New Orleans explodes instantly.. Game over, not a shot fired or a ship spotted:(

Anyway I sat back a little peeved but watched my team melt in comical fashion.. within 3m we had lost 6 ships including mine for zero enemy loss, the enemy had also taken 2 out of the 3 caps:( The rest of my team looked in trouble as well as the enemy DD's started to swarm.

Thinking the game was over I quit out, came back to the main menu after getting a drink and saw the victory update appear.. I have zero idea how they managed that but well done! The enemy team had completely fallen on their face somehow.

shot-19.09.20_07.47.34-0966.jpg

Edited by LunchCutter
  • Funny 1

[RLGN]
Members
12,049 posts
21,607 battles
36 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Looks like your top tiers did what they were suppose to do. 

Like the much maligned Seattle; third place and four kills? Maybe the King of Kill Secure, but had to be some damage and other ribbons there as well.

[GWG]
Supertester
22,872 posts
12,799 battles
24 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

More depressing than that is when you’re the first to die on the team, yet still manage to score in the top half.

Actually even more depressing is taking a long range pot shot, hitting but no pens and even though you turned away some BB take and even longer range pot shot at you getting three citadels and you hadn't traveled far enough to be considered engaged and you end up pink. This did happen shortly after the inactive rule was put into the game so is probably less likely to happen now but damn that stung.

Members
2,897 posts
10,716 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Actually even more depressing is taking a long range pot shot, hitting but no pens and even though you turned away some BB take and even longer range pot shot at you getting three citadels and you hadn't traveled far enough to be considered engaged and you end up pink. This did happen shortly after the inactive rule was put into the game so is probably less likely to happen now but damn that stung.

Am I reading this right? So at one point in this game's history, you could turn pink for shooting an enemy too early in the game?

[GWG]
Supertester
22,872 posts
12,799 battles
1 minute ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Am I reading this right? So at one point in this game's history, you could turn pink for shooting an enemy too early in the game?

Part of the inactive "punishment" is if you cause no damage and haven't traveled a certain distance which I believe has been changed. In my case I hadn't passed the distance threshold that was needed then. They have that to avoid players that put the ship on autopilot, let their ship get destroyed and collect a small experience gain which the leveling services were doing a lot of at that time. Now the ship pretty much needs to be controlled by a human to ensure they don't get zeroed out on credits and more important to them experience.

Members
615 posts
2,166 battles
On 9/21/2019 at 1:20 PM, ElectroVeeDub said:

And people complain the CV's are unbalanced? :)

But a BB can sneeze and delete a cruiser? Go figure.

I had 3 games in a row that day where my US cruisers were deleted in 1 salvo from BB's.. My Buffalo lost over 40k from a Yamato hit and i was correctly angled.. Sometimes I feel  cruisers are just there to give free XP to BB's:(

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,124 posts
10,587 battles
On 9/20/2019 at 11:50 PM, ElectroVeeDub said:

And people complain the CV's are unbalanced? :)

But a BB can sneeze and delete a cruiser? Go figure.

Or a DD somewhere can simply dump a load in some random direction without seeing or being detected by anybody and detonate a ship or two: balance.

Members
3,937 posts
4,211 battles

Even with the AP nurf I still had a BB chunk my Yudachi for 75% of my health. Is balans, friend. 

Beta Testers
3,326 posts
13,078 battles

Wait till we get subs with 20km homing Asashio type torps on them

[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts
5 hours ago, LunchCutter said:

I had 3 games in a row that day where my US cruisers were deleted in 1 salvo from BB's.. My Buffalo lost over 40k from a Yamato hit and i was correctly angled.. Sometimes I feel  cruisers are just there to give free XP to BB's:(

Yeah... like I understand why BB's can do so much damage... but cruisers aren't exactly small or weak ships. I've seen cruisers (usually RN) get wrecked from one or 2 lucky shells that magically come flying across the map, and hit the ship at this magical angle and you're dead.

It's like being detonated, only more common.

I played the Mogami in 2015, and never went back once I learned that it can be citadel-ed from the front no problem. I said "Fug it!!!"... unlocked every T10 DD instead. Never went back to the Mogami. Still to this day I don't have the Zao and it was the first line I tried in beta. Cruisers are.... very frustrating to play at times.