Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Zaydin

So when is WG going to undo the unnecessary nerfs they hit British CVs with?

27 comments in this topic

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,354 posts
8,419 battles

For those not in the know, in the same patch that WG moved British CVs from early access to normal access, they nerfed British CVs by attaching drag chutes to their bombs. drastically increasing their fall time. WG denied nerfing anything at first, all but calling players liars for it until they were forced to fess up and instead lied and claimed it was a bug fix that they 'forgot' to include in patch notes.

They also altered how the camera works with bomb drops and such, meaning you don't get proper control over your squad again until your payload hits the water. This directly impacts the survivability of squads since it means you cant' even try to adequately dodge flak until the camera is back in position but is even worse on British CVs since British CVs 'gimmick' is that their planes are slow but tanky, never mind that the former cancels out the latter.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 5

[PN]
Beta Testers
8,126 posts
19,914 battles

For what its worth and whatever they said I have seen no difference at all in my UK CVs.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,623 posts

You have to lead the target with the bombs but I haven't found it to be a real problem.  I often choose the bombs over rockets for even DDs because they do more damage.

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,354 posts
8,419 battles
16 minutes ago, KnifeInUrNeck said:

I don’t care about the drag time as I can adjust but I hate the pen values.

That doesn't even get me into how ashistorically slow RN CV aircraft are; the Seafire on the Implacable, for example, in real life had a cruising speed of about 236 knots. In game, it's cruising speed is about 139 knots and can only hit 180 knots in a boost. The actual max top speed of the Seafire was about 312 knots.

Members
825 posts
13,813 battles

Wrong topic.

You really mean to ask when are they going to nerf the Langley and Hosho back down to RN CV level.

Maybe let the little boats play once in a while...

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
10,704 posts
12,355 battles
1 hour ago, Zaydin said:

For those not in the know, in the same patch that WG moved British CVs from early access to normal access, they nerfed British CVs by attaching drag chutes to their bombs. drastically increasing their fall time. WG denied nerfing anything at first, all but calling players liars for it until they were forced to fess up and instead lied and claimed it was a bug fix that they 'forgot' to include in patch notes.

They also altered how the camera works with bomb drops and such, meaning you don't get proper control over your squad again until your payload hits the water. This directly impacts the survivability of squads since it means you cant' even try to adequately dodge flak until the camera is back in position but is even worse on British CVs since British CVs 'gimmick' is that their planes are slow but tanky, never mind that the former cancels out the latter.

Slow but tanky? Like this?

D52FA33D-4854-4FAA-8475-9F0F675FEA71.jpeg.856f387cf0801b8e04c04374d1c31a21.jpeg

Members
336 posts
16 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

That doesn't even get me into how ashistorically slow RN CV aircraft are; the Seafire on the Implacable, for example, in real life had a cruising speed of about 236 knots. In game, it's cruising speed is about 139 knots and can only hit 180 knots in a boost. The actual max top speed of the Seafire was about 312 knots.

All the high tier planes in this game are ashistorically slow, so what's your point? High tier British CV planes are no different from their counterparts in terms of speed.

Edited by Neko_Ship_Akashi

[WOLF8]
Members
5,620 posts
5,340 battles
14 minutes ago, Neko_Ship_Akashi said:

OrganicBewitchedIndianjackal-size_restri

fineaddition.jpg.991fb6745f01c87c9b0d01efea9cac5e.jpg

:Smile_veryhappy:

On topic: Didn't WG nerf all planes on all CV's back in 0.8.2 or 0.8.3, or something like that? I kinda wish I could have the plane speed for Graf Zeppelin back.:Smile_hiding:

Edited by Blorgh2017

Members
336 posts
7 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

On topic: Didn't WG nerf all planes on all CV's back in 0.8.2 or 0.8.3, or something like that? I kinda wish I could have the plane speed for Graf Zeppelin back.:Smile_hiding:

Yes they did, I think the OP has his patches mixed up.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,591 posts
10,798 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Slow but tanky? Like this?

D52FA33D-4854-4FAA-8475-9F0F675FEA71.jpeg.856f387cf0801b8e04c04374d1c31a21.jpeg

Damn it man don't leak photo's of the aircraft for the glorious red CV's fleet, Stalinium built tier 4.

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,801 posts
4,866 battles
1 hour ago, Neko_Ship_Akashi said:

It's not that I don't believe you but the burden of proof needs to be overcome here.

RvAcNB3.jpg 

Spoiler

WDPXy6i.jpg

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,354 posts
8,419 battles
1 hour ago, Neko_Ship_Akashi said:

Yes they did, I think the OP has his patches mixed up.

No, this was a separate issue. The same patch where the British CV line went to noirmal access they also changed the fall speed of British bombs and at some point they also made it so that you can't recall a bomber squad or the like after dropping your payload until it hits the target/water.

The two combined changes have actually cost me bomber squads in the Implacable.

It'd be akin to making cruisers/BBs watch their shell trajectory until it hit the target/water before letting you adjust your speed or rudder.

• Boring 1

Members
336 posts
12 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

No, this was a separate issue. The same patch where the British CV line went to noirmal access they also changed the fall speed of British bombs and at some point they also made it so that you can't recall a bomber squad or the like after dropping your payload until it hits the target/water.

The two combined changes have actually cost me bomber squads in the Implacable.

It'd be akin to making cruisers/BBs watch their shell trajectory until it hit the target/water before letting you adjust your speed or rudder.

Because your claims without evidence deserve to be dismissed without evidence at this point. 

Claims without substantiation, dose not reality make.

• Boring 1

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,354 posts
8,419 battles
27 minutes ago, Neko_Ship_Akashi said:

Because claims without evidence deserve to be dismissed without evidence. 

I don't know why I'm bothering since you've made it abundantly clear you think I'm making things up.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/187559-1-official-stealth-nerf-and-2-bugs-for-cvs/?do=findComment&comment=4419700

The thread where WG admitted they nerfed the bomb fall speed on RN CVs and tried to pass it off as a bug fix.

Members
336 posts
42 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

I don't know why I'm bothering since you've made it abundantly clear you think I'm making things up.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/187559-1-official-stealth-nerf-and-2-bugs-for-cvs/?do=findComment&comment=4419700

The thread where WG admitted they nerfed the bomb fall speed on RN CVs and tried to pass it off as a bug fix.

There we are, that's all I wanted, a source, now I know you aren't making things up. However, it simply doesn't matter. The RN CV's are fine the way they are, your personal experience isn't enough to show that they are underperforming, we need more time and evidence before that can be determined. 

As for your second part, I hate to burst your bubble but that isn't any different from all the other CVs, there is a delay before your aircraft become 'controlable' again, this is especially noticable if you are bombing and wait right until the last moment,  as the planes need to pull up. What you describe sounds like normal behavior, perhaps a few replays showing this discrepancy and the circumstances would help but as it stands you point about the camera still has no substance. 

• Boring 1

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,354 posts
8,419 battles
12 minutes ago, Neko_Ship_Akashi said:

There we are, that's all I wanted, a source, now I know you aren't making things up. However, it simply doesn't matter. The RN CV's are fine the way they are, your personal experience isn't enough to show that they are underperforming, we need more time and evidence before that can be determined. 

As for your second part, I hate to burst your bubble but that isn't any different from all the other CVs, there is a delay before your aircraft become 'controlable' again, this is especially noticable if you are bombing and wait right until the last moment,  as the planes need to pull up. What you describe sounds like normal behavior, perhaps a few replays showing this discrepancy and the circumstances would help but as it stands you point about the camera still has no substance. 

And my point is that the combination of those two changes is especially detrimental for RN level bombers given how long it takes them to hit the surface.

Members
268 posts
3,727 battles

I started the RN line 18 months ago and it has been diminished greatly since then. Aside from Fiji. I have a rant thread on Neptune which has been a real disappointment....If Smith was a tier 9 it could likely harass the Neptune.

Members
336 posts
2 hours ago, Zaydin said:

And my point is that the combination of those two changes is especially detrimental for RN level bombers given how long it takes them to hit the surface.

You have only give evidence of 1 change, you haven't proven the second change, therefore you have no argument. You need to provide evidence of the camera change before you can make a claim.

[O-PN]
Members
2,094 posts
4,395 battles
2 minutes ago, Neko_Ship_Akashi said:

You have only give evidence of 1 change, you haven't proven the second change, therefore you have no argument. You need to provide evidence of the camera change before you can make a claim.

You should pay attention more and you wouldn't be so confused.

[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts

Ya know... I never tried out the RN CV's until.... May 2019 approx, 0.8.3.0 ? So I have no reference as to what they were like before...

I found that the bombs hit just fine. You just gotta lead the target an appropriate distance.

Their penetration values at T4/T6/T8 however are another matter...

Squadron survivability? Either give them more HP,  nerf AA in T8/T10, or prevent Priority Sector from stacking in blobs.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,259 posts
6,088 battles

they need to buff graf zeppelin,before thinking about INFERIOR RN cvs.

Members
336 posts
7 hours ago, NoSoMo said:

You should pay attention more and you wouldn't be so confused.

Perfectly normal behavior isn't a change, your aircraft have a small delay before becoming 'controllable' again. This happens with all aircraft, with every CV. This delay is most noticeable if you wait until the last second to attack, because the delay represents the time the aircraft take to pull up out of the attack run.

The OP is making a claim that British aircraft behave differently, when what he described was perfectly normal behavior, so unless he provides evidence that there is a larger delay for British CVs he has no argument. 

• Boring 1

Sign in to follow this