You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
anonym_Hf93Jbjm9WjT

Mogador, nice bote.

9 comments in this topic

Members
4,302 posts

image.thumb.png.599403ff75c9b928d8cba616303e0b90.pngimage.thumb.png.b542668bf55994f32c172977ccc4a4e1.png

image.png.3cb594625ef4550d6968928c65c083b4.png

I really wasn't expecting much of her AA, so this was a nice surprise. Obviously my best battle so far with this ship. I had trouble initially adapting from Fantasque to Mogador, but it is beginning to come together. It is a dd that demands a lot audacity, and just as often, panic stations and a lot of running in the opposite direction to the enemy [insert corny joke here]. If you have any tips, please do share.

Definitely, fun.

• Cool 3

[WOLF6]
Members
1,849 posts
5,553 battles

Nice Bote.

Still on the Vauquelin and adjusting to the playstyle you mention. Speed is your smoke I guess with yes quite a bit of kiting.

Poor French. They need another World War to redeem themselves. 

Members
829 posts
5,746 battles
2 hours ago, LoveBote said:

image.thumb.png.599403ff75c9b928d8cba616303e0b90.pngimage.thumb.png.b542668bf55994f32c172977ccc4a4e1.png

I really wasn't expecting much of her AA, so this was a nice surprise. Obviously my best battle so far with this ship. I had trouble initially adapting from Fantasque to Mogador, but it is beginning to come together. It is a dd that demands a lot audacity, and just as often, panic stations and a lot of running in the opposite direction to the enemy [insert corny joke here]. If you have any tips, please do share.

Definitely, fun.

You nailed it. Audacity is key. Conceal is really only for ambushing and disengaging not loitering. I had almost a million do on her before Kleber came out still maybe my favorite ship. Patience and opportunity are key for dev striking BBs. Wait until alone or in a position where you can escape support. Easy nuke jobs that way. Can even rush solo BBs just watch the guns and outrun them. Light cruisers can eat cits around 8km if they’re flat. MBRB with that at the right time can vaporize light cruisers. On heavy cruisers AP will still pen but have trouble citting if not point blank. I recommend using the test range to check which targets you can nuke. Every DD that isn’t French is your food. Gun boats engage at about 10km and use better ballistics to your advantage. Germans don’t get too close because of hydro. Flush them out of smoke with torps and then use guns. Bully torp boats. When ambushes aren’t there, pew pew. Enjoy! She is glorious. Kleber is a tougher but less nimble version of her. I killed 3 of the 4 DDs and a Montana in my last game with her. Oh and RPF is key to overcoming spotting disadvantages.

Edited by KnifeInUrNeck

[-TNT-]
Members
404 posts
15,451 battles
2 hours ago, LoveBote said:

Definitely, fun.

How the F did you do that Mogador had worse AA in it's teir ....

[WOLF3]
Members
26,976 posts
23,775 battles

Tier IX Mogador is the first of the FR DDs to encompass all the positive qualities of the Line.  Too bad it doesn't happen until Tier IX.

0 posts
10 hours ago, War182 said:

How the F did you do that Mogador had worse AA in it's teir ....

I was running without AA upgrades or A specced captain. I didn't realize until the end of the battle that I actually had shot down so many, the planes belonged to a Lex so t9 AA versus a t8 CV.

• Cool 1

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,731 posts
14,305 battles

I have been watching people in the Kleber do some amazing things in relation to the damage they can do, I am sure the Mog can do the same, but I can't bring myself to go up the french DD line though.

[BS]
Members
1,978 posts
10,768 battles

Lol, I torped tons of Mogadors in ranked with those evil Neutrashimy torps... Poor suckers were only able to turn like 20 degree's by the time they spotted them and had time to react. It looked strong besides that though, a real pain in the [edited]when played correctly