Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Zath

Replay Analysis #552 - Ryujo, La Gal, Le Fant, Mino, Henri, Kiev, Budy, Salem, Soyuz, PEF, Mutsu, Georgia, Farragut

21 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,162
[-K-]
SuperTest Coordinator, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,910 posts
21,110 battles

Broadcast live on Twitch -- Watch live at https://www.twitch.tv/lord_zath
Timestamps:
0:49 - @Vader_Sama, Ryujo Operation Raptor Rescue
T - @Lightninger, @Fishrokk, @iDuckman, @evanr1940, @CVNCER

19:52 - @Leopard_IX, La Galissonniere
T - FranS_109, amirishdancer13, @Travesty066, @LoneWolf_31, DSandstorm, @LtScarecrow, EclipseDestroyer, @eddiej92, @DEADELF45, @Ficcuss, @TBNRstorm
O - @calraisin, @KnightofSidonia028, @Tommyboypdx, @hopkit1955, @HELLRAPTOR408, Josh336, @jim1969_1, @Daigith, @Bugsnatcher, @savagenation, @Neston_1, @TheWadeWilson

39:12 - @mixmkz, Le Fantasque
T - GoldPredator, Gharma_Garma, @Solistra, MsBlade117, @Zafoid, @Wyrmshadow, @BigJethro, @N3wtype, @acehighx, @AkaiDoragon, @HogSqueezer
O - @Mitchifer, Squeek2012, @Sneeky_Peet, AndeersonM05, asxoaw, awsomehot68, wick1852, @rlonnee, EvilsofEden, rxstorm, @J4CKAL06, @Reaperfang

54:10 - @Stand_Alone97, Minotaur
T - DIRGES_1, @CMDGomes, @wmacias, @GilHooverII, @geb209, @SugaCookie, @Emerson_Biggins, @captdeveau, @Hyperuranion, @movingtarget59, @CaptSpalding
O - @sheriff161, @Akancussapor, @IronTonka, @4570jim, ChokeFactory_1, @jjspacecat10, @ChillOutDudeItsJustAGame, @Roberto2051, @that_canadian, @SukiyakiTango, JustABitOutside, @Slick_Daddy

1:01:00 - @SFNL, Henri IV
T - @Daveee_Orz, @VALID_FLAG, @blackbeard_439, Anibal_Alacahan, @chipmunkrulz, @slleonart, @mazer1111, tigerkcl, @zproxy, @goose6911
O - @squal992, @Yuckierloki, @Capt_Whitey_McPrivileged, @Starbuck2472, @lunderdeamon, @CravenMadyk, @cowpow16, @Mrtipples, @Apollo501st, @Kurondrion, @ShipForBrainz, @RaptorGTA

1:17:40 - @Stand_Alone97, Kiev
T - NEGOVII, ottovampiro24, @vx22, @He11BEnt, @Guillermo, @heinkell71, CG_32, @Armoraptor, Fury43547, @YouBlinked, Quzmzin_Krav…
O - Rulo_1, @HatTop123, @Noitack, dicaz, TalysHayder, @Cambells704, @flynnmjr, @Josue112, @5_5_5_9, @sb16339, @spanishmistery, @MarsFukalby

1:36:00 - @dearmrfrodo1, Budyonny Ranked
T - @FireTerp, @Reaper1177, @Sitkathefurball, @PARRUDOJOW_, @Berserker_15, @forresta65
O - @Angry_Orangutang, @trikid69, @smokinbs, @thepaulster1, @dust340man, @vespula, @CAPT_FEARLESS1

1:52:30 - @WaWingsFan_15, Salem
T - @ShooterMcDabin, @Mr_Mean13, @LupusVargus, @Horsemann, Miguel_Angel_…, @Rick734, @Rakalia, @Octaviano, @kippr, @ToyGun, @ThunderingBoat
O - @fergelline, @RS_Scorpio, @rr69, @SaggyTheHobo, @majormojo, @TheShadyTaco, @CelloForEver2018, @country_styleLIFE, @Wooden_chef, @Buckbow50cal, @Vladco, @espinola10

2:11:00 - CLyDeThaMonkey, Sovetsky Soyuz (EU)
T - ChrKass, SnyperMike, boogie_ugie, LittleHappyPan…, JeKo_DuK, arka57, Draco_unconq…, Bialar, helterskelter69, MrMacavity, Kulica
O - targyen, kubunch2, Wolfsrudel_MC, stuniss1975, ThomAS661, Cpt_Banyek, Andalos, Chrashteset, avatares969, super_doukas, Vironik, KPCTOHOC_MK

2:28:43 - @Stand_Alone97, Henri IV
T - @puddin597, @Sea_Lord_Mountbatten, @WarMinister, @hthepatriot, @MikadoWu, @Yasser_iron, @FloatDriver, @butcher458@Dwailin, dellta_12, @gogriz91
O - @Armoredthunder, @The_Big_Woof, @Lokiwolfe, @Mr_Jones307, Killa647, @Damack_48, @oldschool1972, @tnt009, @No1Chrispycat, @Count155mm, @M4dne33

2:41:30 - @destawaits, Prinz Eithel Friedrich Ranked
T - @DibbikDog, @Xithon, @AdamasWrath, OSABISHII, @Lochib, @Probe007
O - smithjc357, @Dulle2, @CPT_Vermicelli, @The_Weasel_King, @Tango_Kilo_Mike, @impius_machina, @Phydeux

2:55:25 - @Tedster_, Mutsu Ranked
T - @RtfllChaoZ, @Dmen, @JOEFINE49, @Major_Shran, @CaptainXxXx, @Masada09
O - @Banshees_Veil, Goalieguy55, @ANS15_kp, @Crazy_Legs, @Chino_sniper_1, @USSUstafish, @MontyChan9000

3:06:00 - @Trules98, Georgia
T - Shiver_Vincent, Bilouz, Oeschen, Ruotsinsalmi, jellopie, Polyborus, ZNGa1985, BlackFIFA19, @Chris_71, greenhorn_82, @PustynnyLis
O - Holaadian, AndreasKiel67, @iWILLcarryU, Dusty7777, @PanzerjagerPiter, Bryl, CyberKambei, Giriu_Dvasia, @Serenas, Wilho, word_of_ladik, @francesco123

3:22:20 - @MN_Nice, Farragut
T - @Anij, @rabbit1776, @str13666, ConAvalon, @sinerox, @DirtyMcnuggets, @MajorStoffer, @KillRoyJones, @Admiral_Lizard_5, @ArogantFaun, @tlm_6
O - @Apocalypse_Tank, @LtMFDann, @leonardopitangui, @Maddog_2019, @Sasquatch2U, @SabreGunner, Moritarion, silverback_208, boob_10, Captain_Augsut, C_N_destroyer, @TUNAMELT_the_Cyclops

Edited by Lord_Zath
  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,162
[-K-]
SuperTest Coordinator, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,910 posts
21,110 battles

Just like last time, apologies if you weren't tagged or were tagged in error.  The hope is we can start having some dialogue about certain battles from different players who were in the battle, either as the teammate or enemy of the player.  It gives you a unique opportunity to see the battle unfold from a different perspective.  If you were tagged and would like your own replay(s) analyzed, send'em to me at lordzathna@gmail.com and I'll add'em to the pool for voting this week :).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,932
[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,816 posts
4,631 battles

Vader was the star of that Raptor replay, no question.  I learned a lot just watching from his point of view, and I was there.   ;)

In terms of what the surface ships did, notice how tight the grouping was.  No one got far from the carriers.  The cruisers pushed out a bit to intercept the incoming ships - especially the DDs - that can wreak such havoc on the core of the task group with a single torp launch.  The BBs stayed close to the core to, if necessary, step in front of one of those launches, and use their long range guns.  Only near the end did they detach to intercept the group that spawns at F2 and the cruisers went south in case the eastern group got through.

Since the multi-exit rework, the SW exit in Raptor is the hardest, IME.  With experience, and someone who remembers where the spawn points are, it's now fairly doable.

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,162
[-K-]
SuperTest Coordinator, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,910 posts
21,110 battles
22 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Vader was the star of that Raptor replay, no question.  I learned a lot just watching from his point of view, and I was there.   ;)

 In terms of what the surface ships did, notice how tight the grouping was.  No one got far from the carriers.  The cruisers pushed out a bit to intercept the incoming ships - especially the DDs - that can wreak such havoc on the core of the task group with a single torp launch.  The BBs stayed close to the core to, if necessary, step in front of one of those launches, and use their long range guns.  Only near the end did they detach to intercept the group that spawns at F2 and the cruisers went south in case the eastern group got through.

Since the multi-exit rework, the SW exit in Raptor is the hardest, IME.  With experience, and someone who remembers where the spawn points are, it's now fairly doable.

 

yeah it was quite impressive!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,438 posts
20,188 battles

Not sure if everyone noticed but we only took 6 ships in the division as it was not the Operation of the week. The group typically has a caller managing the situation like an organized clan battle division with the job often being myself responsible for watching the events unfold. Just like with Defense of Newport, Raptor Rescue has some variability and having a caller who knows the routes and which spawns are associated with which routes helps a lot. If everyone wants to see replays showing how to use surface ships in Raptor Rescue, I have those on my channel, with Anshan and Fushun this week, Budyonny and Izmail next week, with more to come in the following weeks as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,162
[-K-]
SuperTest Coordinator, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,910 posts
21,110 battles
1 hour ago, Lightninger said:

Not sure if everyone noticed but we only took 6 ships in the division as it was not the Operation of the week. The group typically has a caller managing the situation like an organized clan battle division with the job often being myself responsible for watching the events unfold. Just like with Defense of Newport, Raptor Rescue has some variability and having a caller who knows the routes and which spawns are associated with which routes helps a lot. If everyone wants to see replays showing how to use surface ships in Raptor Rescue, I have those on my channel, with Anshan and Fushun this week, Budyonny and Izmail next week, with more to come in the following weeks as well.

Please feel free to share your channel!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,932
[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,816 posts
4,631 battles
12 hours ago, Lightninger said:

Pernament Night Cherry blossom.

There's a mode that will cause one to wet one's pants the first time one sees it.  Once one knows what's going on, it's a fun, albeit difficult, challenge.

 

Gratuitous Cherry Blossom advice:  Don't poke the Zaos.

#GiveMeBackMyCherry

 

Edited by iDuckman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,162
[-K-]
SuperTest Coordinator, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,910 posts
21,110 battles

In case you haven't seen it...  

Be sure to join the stream tomorrow...  giving away some AMAZING prizes!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[SUCIT]
Members
10 posts
975 battles

I was the Fubuki in that Mutsu ranked replay. That was a horrible game for me.  I tried to divert to give smoke to our CV since he was too far forward and because C was too crowded, but he died before I got there.  Then I tried to cap B, but the Guppy was there and outgunned me.  Then I tried to run back to C to torp some battleships, but got spotted and deleted (I was only on about 600 hp at that point).  Overall I was basically worthless.

My major weakness is gunnery.  I'm good at stealth and torps, but I need to get better at winning gunfights.  That's why the Guppy took off so much of my health in B.

Edited by MontyChan9000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,162
[-K-]
SuperTest Coordinator, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,910 posts
21,110 battles
6 hours ago, MontyChan9000 said:

I was the Fubuki in that Mutsu ranked replay. That was a horrible game for me.  I tried to divert to give smoke to our CV since he was too far forward and because C was too crowded, but he died before I got there.  Then I tried to cap B, but the Guppy was there and outgunned me.  Then I tried to run back to C to torp some battleships, but got spotted and deleted (I was only on about 600 hp at that point).  Overall I was basically worthless.

 My major weakness is gunnery.  I'm good at stealth and torps, but I need to get better at winning gunfights.  That's why the Guppy took off so much of my health in B.

Thanks for the comments!  If you want to practice gunnery, I recommend the USN DD line...  if you can reliably hit stuff in that line, you can reliably hit stuff in any DD line :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[SUCIT]
Members
10 posts
975 battles
4 hours ago, Lord_Zath said:

Thanks for the comments!  If you want to practice gunnery, I recommend the USN DD line...  if you can reliably hit stuff in that line, you can reliably hit stuff in any DD line :)

Thanks!  I've just hit tier 8, and things are getting expensive, so I need to develop some lower tier ships to make money.  USN DDs it is!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
946
[STARZ]
Volunteer Moderator, Supertester, Privateers
1,585 posts
On 9/20/2019 at 7:27 PM, Lord_Zath said:

LoL  I really don't remember this, I just use Darling for ClanWars

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,162
[-K-]
SuperTest Coordinator, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,910 posts
21,110 battles
5 hours ago, zproxy said:

LoL  I really don't remember this, I just use Darling for ClanWars

Ha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1 post
822 battles

I was playing the Mogami at 1:01:00. My friend has since helped me a lot on my angles. Getting a citadeled like that really helps reinforced what not to do.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,162
[-K-]
SuperTest Coordinator, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,910 posts
21,110 battles
17 hours ago, Kurondrion said:

I was playing the Mogami at 1:01:00. My friend has since helped me a lot on my angles. Getting a citadeled like that really helps reinforced what not to do.

Every game has mistakes!  What matters is what you learn from'em :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,162
[-K-]
SuperTest Coordinator, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,910 posts
21,110 battles
On 10/23/2019 at 8:34 PM, ShooterMcDabin said:

Ugh. I was the Enterprise at the 1:52:30 game. the GZ and myself had so much AA to deal with. Could barely do anything.

Yeah it happens :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37
[_S_B_]
Members
477 posts
17,861 battles

Thanks for the heads up on the replays. I just watched mine in ranked T6 at the 1:36 mark. LOL!  I was playing my Leander and died 2nd to the last in a loss but it was a close battle at least.

Edited by dust340man
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,162
[-K-]
SuperTest Coordinator, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,910 posts
21,110 battles
14 hours ago, dust340man said:

Thanks for the heads up on the replays. I just watched mine in ranked T6 at the 1:36 mark. LOL!  I was playing my Leander and died 2nd to the last in a loss but it was a close battle at least.

Glad you enjoyed it :).  Feel free to send in your own some time!

Edited by Lord_Zath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×