Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Tekina_

WG, it's time for Blyskawica to get buffs.

23 comments in this topic

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles

As it is now it's been power crept to hell. You have a weak main battery(poor firing angles, low caliber, poor ROF, even the Japanese have a better set of guns), terrible torpedo armament(six slow, weak torpedos), extremely fragile modules(every salvo that lands in your zip code will knock out either your rudder or engine, often both, most that hit you will knock out your torps or a gun too), poor concealment(basically everything out spots you), and poor agility(large turning circle and one of the worst rudders at tier). Back in the day all of this was balanced by it's ability to stealth fire, in fact stealth fire was the gimmick WG marketed it's sales on. So what happened when they removed that? Nothing at all, they decided to leave it to rot despite the entire reason it used to be a good ship being taken away. As it is now it has absolutely no reason to exist, it does not even work as a trainer since there is no line to go with it. Neither does it have any sort of special economic bonus baked in. It's completely mediocre with no gimmicks, no selling points, and nothing special or good about it in anyway.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,442 battles

No ship nor feature once added to the game should be nerfed nor buffed. SO NO!

• Confused 3
  • Boring 2

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles
Just now, CAPTMUDDXX said:

No ship nor feature once added to the game should be nerfed nor buffed. SO NO!

First off, that's an incredibility stupid way of thinking that only leads to broken games. Second off, WG already nerfed it hard. By your own ideals, a buff would only cause equilibrium.

• Cool 4

[VVV]
Members
2,681 posts

One obvious thing is that Błyskawica's main guns historically had a half-second faster reload than she gets in WOWS.

What I'd really love to see is her 1942 refit with 4x2 102mm/45 QF Mk XIX. But I suppose that'd be too strong for T7 and would need to be a T8 DD. Aside from the fact that you'd need IFHE due to the small caliber guns, she'd be a stronger version of Cossack. Or an Akizuki that gets speed and DFAA instead of 1/4 HE pen.

[SALVO]
Members
24,831 posts
25,917 battles
15 minutes ago, Tekina_ said:

First off, that's an incredibility stupid way of thinking that only leads to broken games. Second off, WG already nerfed it hard. By your own ideals, a buff would only cause equilibrium.

I agree, Tekina.  It IS an incredibly stupid way of thinking.

[SALVO]
Members
24,831 posts
25,917 battles
37 minutes ago, Tekina_ said:

As it is now it's been power crept to hell. You have a weak main battery(poor firing angles, low caliber, poor ROF, even the Japanese have a better set of guns), terrible torpedo armament(six slow, weak torpedoes), extremely fragile modules(every salvo that lands in your zip code will knock out either your rudder or engine, often both, most that hit you will knock out your torps or a gun too), poor concealment(basically everything out spots you), and poor agility(large turning circle and one of the worst rudders at tier). Back in the day all of this was balanced by it's ability to stealth fire, in fact stealth fire was the gimmick WG marketed it's sales on. So what happened when they removed that? Nothing at all, they decided to leave it to rot despite the entire reason it used to be a good ship being taken away. As it is now it has absolutely no reason to exist, it does not even work as a trainer since there is no line to go with it. Neither does it have any sort of special economic bonus baked in. It's completely mediocre with no gimmicks, no selling points, and nothing special or good about it in anyway.

I don't think that the torps are all that important, Tekina.  Oh, maybe a somewhat quicker reload on the torps would be nice, but overall, she's a gunboat.  Her gun reload is pretty slow compared to the Leningrad, which is odd, since the Leningrad's guns are 130mm while the Blys' guns are 120's.  And yet the Blys' guns hit harder.  So, I suppose that maybe the devs could shave a little off the Blys' gun reload.  Overall, beyond fiddling around with the gun and/or torp reloads, I'm not sure what they could do for the Blys.  It's not really a bad ship, just a little power crept.

I will say that because she's now part of the Pan-European tree (along with the Friesland), I think that that makes the Blys more sellable, as she's no longer the only ship in her "tree".  I foresee there being a Pan-European DD line at some point which would further increase her value as a trainer.

[KWF]
Members
4,381 posts
6,405 battles

I would disagree on the firing angles; the rear ones give you a very respectable 4 gun salvo when retreating. 

I know I'm in the minority but Blyska is still a respectable firebug, have generally a good time when I dust her off for some Pan Eu/Poland tasks. 

What I would like to have is a secondary hull with the 1941 armament (4x2 100mm DP guns).

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 1

[VVV]
Members
2,681 posts
23 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I will say that because she's now part of the Pan-European tree (along with the Friesland), I think that that makes the Blys more sellable, as she's no longer the only ship in her "tree".  I foresee there being a Pan-European DD line at some point which would further increase her value as a trainer.

Since Netherlands is part of Pan-Europe there's definitely going to be enough ships to make a P-E DD line. If Sweden and Spain are included rather than getting their own trees, there's enough to make 2 DD lines.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,921 posts
26,913 battles

People ask for a buff nearly every Q&A at reddit.

WG always answer: statistically she does well.

Stat wise she is in the middle of all T7 DD. 

Not sure how many battles are played now with her per week, but the last time, I used mine in PvP was, when I needed to grind credits for a directive.

She is ok, but no fun. And the power creep is real with her. The Leningrad is the much better DD, plus you can use her to train your VMF captains.

[SALVO]
Members
24,831 posts
25,917 battles
15 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Not sure how many battles are played now with her per week, but the last time, I used mine in PvP was, when I needed to grind credits for a directive.

She is ok, but no fun. And the power creep is real with her. The Leningrad is the much better DD, plus you can use her to train your VMF captains.

Honestly, it'd be nice if WG could go back and give her some gimmick to make her more interesting.  (Me asking for gimmicks on a ship.  I'm shocked … shocked … at myself.)  But I pretty much know that they won't.  Besides, what would it be?  If the Leningrad had any gimmick, it'd probably be her 8 km torps at tier 7.  But the Blys already has those, even if they're nothing special.   

Give the Blys RN-like torp spreads, i.e. narrow and single fire, since she served with the RN during WW2?  Actually, this one might not be so bad, since it really doesn't make her any stronger or weaker.  Just a little different. 

Give her shorter duration, but more numerous RN smoke, for much the same reason as the RN torp spreads? 

Give her RN baked in engine acceleration?

Or here's a wild one that might be OP.  Give her the 5th upgrade module slot (which would pretty much allow her to have the concealment module)?  Meh, that's probably just plain OP, since I think that it'd drop her concealment down to about 6.1 or so km.

That's all I've got.

[VVV]
Members
2,681 posts
20 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Even some minor buffs like 6 sec reload (historically correct) and maybe slightly faster turrets and/or shaving 1-2 sec off the torp reload would be nice.

[WOLF4]
Members
382 posts
17,059 battles

I like the Blys, but have not played the ship much lately. GAVE THE GAME A BREAK WITH THE NEW CV  (OOPS CAP LOCK SORRY)  I wish the blys had better concealment. 

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,921 posts
26,913 battles
6 minutes ago, Lord_Magus said:

Even some minor buffs like 6 sec reload (historically correct) and maybe slightly faster turrets and/or shaving 1-2 sec off the torp reload would be nice.

The real problem was, the Blys was advertised with her stealth fire capability. This made her a good DD for T7 ranked . Stealthy enough to cap and you could burn down BB without being spotted. As a change of game mechanic, it was removed. 

And then came radar, more CL, more DD.

If there is a DD WG rather would buf, it's the Sim. Even after all the buffs she got now, she utterly unter performs. Last on damage and WR. She onyl does good XP wise because of her build in multiplier.

[CVLUL]
WoWS Community Contributors
3,422 posts
13,458 battles

I dont think she needs anything, she has been a decently strong ship at a 13 point captain and a consistent strong performer once I got over a 15 point captain.  Now that my build is complete shes a go to ship to farm fire flags and one of the couple T7 gunboat DDs that can still put up good numbers in T9 MMing.  I suspect most of the issues are players not having a high point captain, or not understanding her play style.

If I had to pick something to buff, buff her rudder to a 4.5 second base time.  This would permit more of a choice between PM2 or SG2.  As it is now I feel shes one of the few DDs that must run SG2 to have a reasonable rudder shift.

[4HIM]
Members
3,026 posts
12,650 battles
4 minutes ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

I dont think she needs anything, she has been a decently strong ship at a 13 point captain and a consistent strong performer once I got over a 15 point captain.  Now that my build is complete shes a go to ship to farm fire flags and one of the couple T7 gunboat DDs that can still put up good numbers in T9 MMing.  I suspect most of the issues are players not having a high point captain, or not understanding her play style.

If I had to pick something to buff, buff her rudder to a 4.5 second base time.  This would permit more of a choice between PM2 or SG2.  As it is now I feel shes one of the few DDs that must run SG2 to have a reasonable rudder shift.

Watched that vid earlier today.  Awesome game.  What captain skills did you use for this one?

[CVLUL]
WoWS Community Contributors
3,422 posts
13,458 battles
7 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Watched that vid earlier today.  Awesome game.  What captain skills did you use for this one?

https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PWSD501&modules=11111&upgrades=143300&commander=PCW001&skills=2152906818&ar=100&consumables=111&lang=en

I use the captain on Friesland to good effect as well.

Members
56 posts
3,511 battles

The only buff I think she should have is better AA.I Have one and when you hover over it in port it says it had the best aa in the world for destroyers of her time.???????

Her aa is sadley lacking. Other then that pretty good ship would like more concealment  but she has good guns, just isn.t  a front line capping dd because of her concealment.

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles

If I had to pick a single buff it would be the HP of her modules and maybe a little bit of concealment. The biggest reason I hate playing her now is she loses them at a stiff breeze. For a ship that has a gun layout that should be great at kiting losing rudder, engine, or both every salvo that merely lands in your vicinity is pretty bad even with last stand, especially since she can't dictate engagements since she is out spotted by most other DDs in tier.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
1,212 posts
16,540 battles
2 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

No ship nor feature once added to the game should be nerfed nor buffed.

No matter how many times you repeat that, it doesn't get any less moronic.

Sign in to follow this