You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ItsDarthChaos

Unable to Make an NA Account

22 comments in this topic

Members
9 posts
3,885 battles

Okay.  So this isnt for me, but for my friend whom lives in the EU.  She's been playing the game for ages, and recently, I've been trying to get her to make an account here on the NA server so we can play together.  However, when she goes to register, the registry keeps transferring her region back to EU, even if she manually changes it to NA.  Is there a step she is supposed to be taking that neither of us are aware of?

[DPG]
Members
1,927 posts
9,578 battles

If you go to the site outside your region it will ask if you want to be redirected.  You can ignore that.  Tell your friend to make sure that on the registration page it says na.wargaming.net.  

• Cool 1

Members
210 posts
1,279 battles

Ask someone here to make an account? Im not sure if that gonna work because when she logs in the server will be automatically set on EU

Members
9 posts
3,885 battles
2 minutes ago, Halli_SPARTA said:

You need to use a secondary Email as the Eu or Ru one won't allow it.

Easy just get a google email.

Yes this we were already aware of, and being from the Netherlands, I basically had to make her an email myself because they have crazy stupid restrictions.

1 minute ago, Amenhir said:

If you go to the site outside your region it will ask if you want to be redirected.  You can ignore that.  Tell your friend to make sure that on the registration page it says na.wargaming.net.  

Will try this, thank you.

Members
9 posts
3,885 battles

Okay.  Amenhir's solution has sorta solved it, but we were trying to use my recruitment code, and when she does it, it sends her right back into the EU format.  Is there a workaround, or am I going to have to live without the recruitment bonus? lol

[DPG]
Members
1,927 posts
9,578 battles
1 minute ago, ItsDarthChaos said:

Okay.  Amenhir's solution has sorta solved it, but we were trying to use my recruitment code, and when she does it, it sends her right back into the EU format.  Is there a workaround, or am I going to have to live without the recruitment bonus? lol

The referral link should lead to warships.us/username

[WORX]
Members
10,635 posts
18,550 battles
3 minutes ago, ItsDarthChaos said:

Amenhir's solution has sorta solved it, but we were trying to use my recruitment code, and when she does it, it sends her right back into the EU format.  Is there a workaround, or am I going to have to live without the recruitment bonus?

Its one thing to create an Acct in a different server then the region to where you live. Its totally different trying to get recruitment benefit which from what I understand...

Is not cross regional..

[DPG]
Members
1,927 posts
9,578 battles
9 minutes ago, Halli_SPARTA said:

Look you can listen to these guys or listen to me whom has in Tanks mind you. Na & Eu accounts.

I use the same email for my NA and EU accounts.

Members
9 posts
3,885 battles
7 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Its one thing to create an Acct in a different server then the region to where you live. Its totally different trying to get recruitment benefit which from what I understand...

Is not cross regional..

Yeah, Im just going to tell her to forget it and just try to make the NA account without the benefit.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,428 posts
14,165 battles
24 minutes ago, Halli_SPARTA said:

You need to use a secondary Email as the Eu or Ru one won't allow it.

Easy just get a google email.

Actually you don't need to use a different account but using the same one can cause issues with getting rewards and such as they might go to the wrong account.

The key to setting up an account in other regions as others pointed out is to be on the correct regions site.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,428 posts
14,165 battles
2 minutes ago, ItsDarthChaos said:

Use the region changer that is in Aslains Mod Pack. It may be in the semi-official mod pack too.

Members
9 posts
3,885 battles
12 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Use the region changer that is in Aslains Mod Pack. It may be in the semi-official mod pack too.

Such a ridiculous work-around for something that should be in the game by default.

Okay looking at Asland's..  Would you happen to know where it is and what the actual mod is called?  Its a big list.

Edited by ItsDarthChaos

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,428 posts
14,165 battles
5 minutes ago, ItsDarthChaos said:

Can someone confirm the Official?

The other option is to install the NA version somewhere else on the computer which is easy if they are using the WGC by selecting Game Settings followed by Install additional game instance and selecting North America in the drop down on the upper left.

Members
9 posts
3,885 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

The other option is to install the NA version somewhere else on the computer which is easy if they are using the WGC by selecting Game Settings followed by Install additional game instance and selecting North America in the drop down on the upper left.

We figured it out...  its just sooo ridiculous.  I know a fair number of games where cross-region accounts arent an issue.  Separating the account by region is frustrating, but understandable...  THIS is ridiculous.  Why would you try SO HARD to FORCE people to play in their region, when the fact that a large percentile of players have friends internationally they would like to play with.  Its bad enough that one of us has to restart to play together.  But the number of loops to jump through to make it happen is utterly ridiculous.

Members
9 posts
3,885 battles
16 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Okay, how does the region changer work?  When installing, I presume you pick the one that matches your launcher's region.  But Im not seeing anywhere, in launcher, or in the login in-game where to change it.

EDIT:  Okay never mind.  I figured it out.  I assumed you would have the option to change regions freely, so I presumed you install the version of the changer that matches your region.  I was mistaken.

Edited by ItsDarthChaos

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,428 posts
14,165 battles
6 minutes ago, ItsDarthChaos said:

We figured it out...  its just sooo ridiculous.  I know a fair number of games where cross-region accounts arent an issue.  Separating the account by region is frustrating, but understandable...  THIS is ridiculous.  Why would you try SO HARD to FORCE people to play in their region, when the fact that a large percentile of players have friends internationally they would like to play with.  Its bad enough that one of us has to restart to play together.  But the number of loops to jump through to make it happen is utterly ridiculous.

I have accounts on each region and made them before the WGC made it easy.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,428 posts
14,165 battles
1 minute ago, ItsDarthChaos said:

Okay, how does the region changer work?  When installing, I presume you pick the one that matches your launcher's region.  But Im not seeing anywhere, in launcher, or in the login in-game where to change it.

You are correct but if your friend is using the WGC it is even easier but does use more storage space.