Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AngryMermaid

Tiers XI & XII were mentioned in the birthday livestream (as a chat question)

26 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

339
[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Members
846 posts
7,138 battles

Tiers XI & XII were mentioned in the birthday livestream as a question - and the dev being interviewed answered that it won't happen now or in 2020. Depending on how you interpret his answer, he also implied, but didn't out right say, that it would never happen... or he implied that they might look into it a few years down the road. Or maybe I'm just being paranoid? who knows....

(*puts tinfoil conspiracy theory hat on*) The thing is, I heard people on the forums say that the devs said subs were 'not going to happen', and, as the dev kept on talking he sort of made me nervous because he mentioned things like most players having higher tier ships now and :"never say never" and maybe they "want to go further". He never mentioned the obvious reason why people play in T10 ships: not to "go further" but to stay at the top of the tech tree because there are no T12 ships around to pwn them. This is probably why most people don't play mid tier as much - because if you unlocked all ships in, say, a BB line, why play a T6 BB and face off against a T8 BB when you can play your T10 BB and totally pwn the same T8?

Even if they put T11-12s in their special matchmaking where T10s are still top tier in every match - which might fix the problem and allow them to put in more Cold War ships - there's also the problem of players who bought premium T10 camos thinking T10 was the maximum, who will not have the benefit of those camos on their T12s (and will presumably lose even more silver on them, unless they rebalance the service costs so T9/10 ships don't bleed out silver all the time and T11/12 become the new credit losers - but the problem with that is a lot of people paid real money to get permacamo on their T10s exactly to counter the silver loss, so doing this will nerf T10 permacamos).

 

SOURCE: twitch birthday livestream at around the 33 minute mark: 

 

I am assuming everyone will agree with me that tier XII is a bad idea, but are there people out there who think this is a good idea? I'm interested to know why...

Edited by Silisquish
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,072 posts
5 minutes ago, Silisquish said:

I am assuming everyone will agree with me that tier XII is a bad idea, but are there people out there who think this is a good idea? I'm interested to know why...

No one's ever taught you about assuming, eh?

Also, please don't take it upon yourself to speak for everyone.  Speak for yourself.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,414
[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,217 battles

If we do get into missile ships, I don't see them really being able to fight with lower tier ships unless they use cruise missiles and AA to knock them out.  At that point you'd have missile cruisers lobbing missiles instead of HE spam.  Some would get through, some wouldn't.

US BBs were equipped with harpoon  and cruise missiles along with a host of counter measure systems and active protection like CWIS.

Edited by NoSoMo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
240
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,063 posts

IIRC he said no T11 in 2020, but eventually they will need to increase it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
339
[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Members
846 posts
7,138 battles
6 minutes ago, agm114r said:

No one's ever taught you about assuming, eh?

Also, please don't take it upon yourself to speak for everyone.  Speak for yourself.

Why do people like you even bother posting? I've noticed posts like this in a few threads - ones that make no sense and have no point. It's like people see that there's a new thread and feel like they just have to post something to get attention... 

I mean, obviously if I really did what you accuse me of I would have never written that exact phrase you quoted. Are you just trying to get your post count up?

 

Edit: at least the guy who posted that music video was more entertaining... and he was able to reply faster than you, so props to him/her!

Edited by Silisquish
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,072 posts
1 minute ago, Silisquish said:

Why do people like you even bother posting? I've noticed posts like this in a few threads - ones that make no sense and have no point. It's like people see that there's a new thread and feel like they just have to post something to get attention... 

I mean, obviously if I really did what you accuse me of I would have never written that exact phrase you quoted. Are you just trying to get your post count up?

I'm not the one that came right out and said "I am assuming everyone will agree with me that tier XII is a bad idea".  (quoted directly from your post) You said it.  I did not.

I just wanted to note that you should NOT assume that 'everyone' will agree with you.

Don't want to hear that? don't write stupid crap like that, then.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
339
[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Members
846 posts
7,138 battles
7 minutes ago, NoSoMo said:

If we do get into missile ships, I don't see them really being able to fight with lower tier ships unless they use cruise missiles and AA to knock them out.  At that point you'd have missile cruisers lobbing missiles instead of HE spam.  Some would get through, some wouldn't.

US BBs were equipped with harpoon  and cruise missiles along with a host of counter measure systems and active protection like CWIS.

oooohhh missile ships, if they do this they would really have to put tier 11+ into their own special matchmaker, but it would actually make sense and be kinda cool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
339
[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Members
846 posts
7,138 battles

 

1 minute ago, agm114r said:

I'm not the one that came right out and said "I am assuming everyone will agree with me that tier XII is a bad idea".  (quoted directly from your post) You said it.  I did not.

I just wanted to note that you should NOT assume that 'everyone' will agree with you.

Don't want to hear that? don't write stupid crap like that, then.

I never did, that was a figure of speech. I can't assume everyone agrees with me the way you think I did and also acknowledge that I'm assuming something and ask for others' differing opinions at the same time; it's not logically sound.

Now I'm going to stop replying to you because you are either not very smart or you want attention

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,624 posts

Introducing in the future, TXI-XII warships is one of the potential options to solve the problem of post WWII advanced cruisers in the meta. USN post WWII (Cold War ERA) was mostly about CV, Subs, cruisers and destroyers. Very few battleships, most of them on reserve. So the Mahan doctrine was definitively buried, and more advanced warships that were not designed around very heavy armor and high caliber guns started to dominate the USN , WMF and MN.  The RN kept more battleships active, that is true. WoWS might be  going on that direction. Obviously, that will piss some players. The meta has to evolve somehow, and some of us (i'm not the only one at all) have been coining TXI-XII as a potential evolution of the meta. We'll see. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,576
[1984]
Members
4,136 posts
19,969 battles
1 hour ago, FirestormMk3 said:

I would wager that there are no current plans to go above tier x.  Never is a long time, but I don't think it's terribly likely.

some would have said the same about subs a year ago.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
339
[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Members
846 posts
7,138 battles
7 minutes ago, loco_max said:

Introducing in the future, TXI-XII warships is one of the potential options to solve the problem of post WWII advanced cruisers in the meta. USN post WWII (Cold War ERA) was mostly about CV, Subs, cruisers and destroyers. Very few battleships, most of them on reserve. So the Mahan doctrine was definitively buried, and more advanced warships that were not designed around very heavy armor and high caliber guns started to dominate the USN , WMF and MN.  The RN kept more battleships active, that is true. WoWS might be  going on that direction. Obviously, that will piss some players. The meta has to evolve somehow, and some of us (i'm not the only one at all) have been coining TXI-XII as a potential evolution of the meta. We'll see. 

What do you think they'll do to fix the problem of all those players who bought T10 permacamo because they thought T10 was always going to be the highest tier? The playerbase got upset when they tried to uptier Giulio Cesare for balancing reasons; they'll probably get pissed over this too because in both cases real money was involved.

But I think this could sort of work if T10s never fight T11/12s, who get their own different MM.

 If T11+ had their own matchmaking it would also mean they could do things like give all / most ships radar as a standard mechanic, and balancing things like missiles will be easier if all the new ships in this cold war MM are balanced around the existence of missile cruisers, maybe tweak flooding/fire mechanics only for T11+, without worrying about accidentally crippling lower tier ships with how different and OP T11+ would be.

 

If they decide to not have a special MM, and T10s start seeing T12s, another thing they could do is give everyone that has T10 permacamo, T12 permacamo on the same tech tree line. This might not satisfy everyone, but at least people won't feel cheated and quit/threaten to quit, just like people felt cheated when they tried to uptier GC (which I thought was a good idea but I can see why some ppl were against it). 

 

Me personally, if I find out I need to spend more doubloons for T12 permacamos I'll just either stop playing or I won't grind to T12 (and I certainly won't spend any more money on the game), because it would be an obvious cash grab. Of course WG wouldn't be dumb enough to do this; they'll find a way to make it all work. Now that I think about it, I'm starting to warm up to the idea of T11+ but only if the ships and gameplay are noticeably different i.e. cold war era ships with missiles, etc. otherwise what's the point

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
289
[RLGN]
Members
857 posts
6,721 battles
3 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

some would have said the same about subs a year ago.

And, at least over a year ago, they'd have been right about there being no plans.  Not saying plans can't change, but there's some actual history to look at.  How many years has WoT been out before this one and still nothing above X there either.  Not saying it's impossible and not saying I'm against it even, just saying they probably have no current plans and if anything they're using more measured language because of the whole submarines thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,072 posts
12 minutes ago, FirestormMk3 said:

And, at least over a year ago, they'd have been right about there being no plans.  Not saying plans can't change, but there's some actual history to look at.  How many years has WoT been out before this one and still nothing above X there either.  Not saying it's impossible and not saying I'm against it even, just saying they probably have no current plans and if anything they're using more measured language because of the whole submarines thing.

Actually, with the competition now having modern tanks and APCs and such, I wouldn't be surprised to see more tiers in WoT in the next year or two.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,576
[1984]
Members
4,136 posts
19,969 battles
13 minutes ago, FirestormMk3 said:

And, at least over a year ago, they'd have been right about there being no plans.  Not saying plans can't change, but there's some actual history to look at.  How many years has WoT been out before this one and still nothing above X there either.  Not saying it's impossible and not saying I'm against it even, just saying they probably have no current plans and if anything they're using more measured language because of the whole submarines thing.

i dont care at all about wot, neither do many here. but if you insist on bringing it up, did they bring little dudes with rpgs? they are bringing subs, so all bets are off...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,624 posts
14 minutes ago, Silisquish said:

What do you think they'll do to fix the problem of all those players who bought T10 permacamo because they thought T10 was always going to be the highest tier? The playerbase got upset when they tried to uptier Giulio Cesare for balancing reasons; they'll probably get pissed over this too because in both cases real money was involved.

You do not invest on permacamo on lower tiers? Anyway, they could reimburse players. On the weaponry, they could go slowly on weapons of the 50th and then 60th and so on...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
536
[VVV]
Members
2,681 posts

Aside from Italy since they don't have any lines released yet, each nation that's in the game already has their most powerful battleship, gun cruiser and gun destroyer designs, with 2 exceptions (A-150 for Japan and H-44 for Germany). The only way to move into a tier 11 would be with missile ships and that would be a completely different game than what we're playing now. This isn't World of Tanks where it wouldn't be that complicated to add tiers 11-12 (they'd just need to drop their rules of "no smoothbores" and "no composite armor"). Those technologies didn't change the nature of tank warfare, they just made tanks stronger. But ASMs and SAMs completely rewrote naval warfare. There's certainly room for an arcade game of modern missile ships combat, but WOWS isn't it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,414
[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,217 battles

T11s could be modernized T10s, with some new ones mixed.  Iowa class BBs before they were retired were far more capable ships than they were in WW2 complete with assorted missiles and radars.  I could see the T10s w/ a hull upgrade that's like 200k XP that you can select just like some of the hulls are now.  You'd basically select the T10 version or T11 version before battle and the hull would set your tier.

With that, you'd enter the helicopter realm and then you could launch an ASW helicopter or spotter helicopter.  Fighters would be removed in place of AA missile batteries or CWIS.  I'd love to hear a CWIS AA turret doing it's thing in game.  Just something about the whir of a minigun...
 

 

Edited by NoSoMo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,872 posts

I watched the stream.... they didn't rule out T11 ships, nor confirm it... don't count your chickens before they're hatched.

 

The bigger news is that a RN heavy cruiser line split was confirmed for 2020.

Edited by ElectroVeeDub

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,074
[ARGSY]
Members
20,204 posts
14,359 battles
4 hours ago, Silisquish said:

Or maybe I'm just being paranoid? who knows....

Anything could happen. They could be trolling us. Hell, they had Dasha Perova there doing an Ask Me Anything, and just for a joke I asked in stream chat if it was true that Captain Bad Advice was her secret boyfriend. To my amazement and amusement, they actually pitched her the question and the answer was "Da."  :Smile_teethhappy::cap_cool:

So... yeah... about that Tier 11... :Smile_trollface:

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,930
[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,811 posts
4,631 battles
7 hours ago, Silisquish said:

and the dev being interviewed answered that it won't happen now or in 2020. Depending on how you interpret his answer,

Most likely he answered literally.  Development projects like WoWS are planned a long way out -- at least a year, maybe two.  His answer means that Tier X+ is not in the plan.  Nothing more complicated than that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×