You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Shoggoth_pinup

How long till she's gone?

22 comments in this topic

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles

Premiums often get pulled shortly after release, right? I was hoping to buy her in a couple weeks, but don't know if/when she will get pulled from the shop. 

Anyone know?

• Confused 1

[WAG]
Members
859 posts
13,165 battles
1 minute ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Premiums often get pulled shortly after release, right? I was hoping to buy her in a couple weeks, but don't know if/when she will get pulled from the shop. 

Anyone know?

Some do, some don't. Some have been in the premium shop for years.

• Cool 1

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
4 minutes ago, DustRhino said:

Some do, some don't. Some have been in the premium shop for years.

Fun. Well, thanks for the clarity of their unclarity. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[WAG]
Members
859 posts
13,165 battles
5 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Fun. Well, thanks for the clarity of their unclarity. :Smile_teethhappy:

About as clear as your original post. If you had shared what ship you want to buy, it would help answer your question, though nobody who knows for sure is likely to answer.

• Cool 2

[55UP]
Members
406 posts
2,844 battles
4 minutes ago, DustRhino said:

About as clear as your original post. If you had shared what ship you want to buy, it would help answer your question, though nobody who knows for sure is likely to answer.

Ark Royal is likely to be available for the foreseeable future. All the other premium CVs are still available except for Enterprise, which was pulled for some unspecified reason. 

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
12 minutes ago, DustRhino said:

I did. It's in a big red tag next to the title.

[SIDE]
Members
4,700 posts

Hard to say. I've not even seen the ship in game yet. Is it OP? A few thoughts using smolensk as an example:

1) Mouse mentioned that balanced and fun to play against aren't the same thing. Smolensk is supposedly balanced but a PITA to play against.

2) It been mentioned that ships might over perform early on because it's usually the higher performing players that get them first. Then performance normalizes after a couple months because more average and underperforming players get the ship and stats trend downward. 

3) Going a little further into the general discussion rabbit hole... it's been argued that balancing a ship to top players is stupid because it results in ship being weak for average players. Conversely, making ship balanced for poor players can result in it being too strong in hands of top players. In this case it could be that Smolensks specific balancing weakness isnt weak enough for the ship to be balanced in the hands of good to average players and even after a month it's still too strong for the server overall.

4) Marrying the thoughts of 2 and 3... wargaming is aware of the forums initial reaction to smolensk and has stated they are watching the ship closely. They also said that if, over a few months let's say, it continues to over perform or otherwise negatively affect game play in its tier range they will take action. 

5) The GC debacle taught us that community resistance  to nerfs on "cash" premiums is understandably VERY strong. It was removed from further sale instead of nerfed. The GC is a strong ship in good hands but doesnt really upset the game because its not really gimmicky.   However smolensk is definitely a "free"/"gift" hybrid premium that is acquired from in game virtual currency. In my mind they could nerf its strengths with smoke removal or nerf duratuon and normalize the guns with range and ROF decreases. Of course they could decide to yank the ship altogether. This leads to...

6) Figuring out what WG is thinking and how they arrive at conclusions is often a fascinating distraction from the rational world and sometimes requires an advanced degree in chaos theory.

Edited by thebigblue
  • Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,177 posts
14,340 battles
31 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Anyone know?

The last thing we need is someone coming in here and encouraging panic buying. I want her too, but I'm going to try to win her first. I suspect she'll still be there when the opportunity to get her for free has gone.

• Cool 1

Members
1,072 posts
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The last thing we need is someone coming in here and encouraging panic buying. I want her too, but I'm going to try to win her first. I suspect she'll still be there when the opportunity to get her for free has gone.

I would expect Ark Royal to be there *at least* for the month, and probably much longer.

I'm happy now that I have Enterprise in my port, still there from RTS days.  

[NUWES]
Members
3,138 posts
10,749 battles
37 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Anyone know?

They have very rarely pulled things immediately after release unless something was wrong (Graf Zeppelin for example). Most premiums stay available in some form for a long while. The event to get her for free will likely not last long but there is no reason to assume the ship won't remain available. Carry on with your plans. 

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
14 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Thanks. Good to know.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,919 posts
26,913 battles

I guess she will go through the usual circle: 

- limited time to create a "have to buy now" panic

- back after two or three months, but store only

- after one or two years: also available in the arsenal.

She will be latest back at Christmas.

The only ships, that are pulled out of store permanent were complete OP... or the VMF Nürnberg.

[ARGSY]
6,919 posts
26,913 battles
1 minute ago, Cruxdei said:

you are not missing much,trust me.

I tried her in co op, ended with T8 ships: no real fun, torpedo planes are ok, but anything else is just AA food.

But she is good in operations. 

Members
1,072 posts
13 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

I tried her in co op, ended with T8 ships: no real fun, torpedo planes are ok, but anything else is just AA food.

But she is good in operations. 

i.e. like the rest of the CVs, mediocre, now that they've been nerfed to hell and back.

• Boring 1

[ARGSY]
6,919 posts
26,913 battles
5 minutes ago, agm114r said:

i.e. like the rest of the CVs, mediocre, now that they've been nerfed to hell and back.

The only two reason I bought her:

1) she was build and had a history in WW2, the poster girl of all RN CV

2) she was cheap and I got my 30% coupon

• Cool 1

[-N-]
Members
2,218 posts
14,727 battles
3 hours ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Anyone know?

I would say you got 2 weeks yet easily on this one.

[ARGSY]
6,919 posts
26,913 battles
27 minutes ago, Sir_Loin_ said:

Bismark has started a campaign to have it removed from game :)

U-81 support this campaign!

[SIM]
Members
4,935 posts
8,014 battles

I have a feeling that she's going to disappear for a bit after the event ends. Even if she does, I'd expect to see her back in the shop sometime around Christmas.

• Cool 1