You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Destroyer_KuroshioKai

How to make Blyskawica work in Sprint

11 comments in this topic

[CVLUL]
WoWS Community Contributors
3,422 posts
13,452 battles

Blyskawica is a ship I often see posts coloring her in a negative light.  Its my belief that most of that sentiment comes from having a low point captain on the ship.  Blyska gets good at 13 points (CE, SE, and BFT) and only gets crazier as you add DE and AR to the build.  This ship is responsible for the bulk of my Arsonist and Witherer awards, helping keep my inventory well stocked with these signals.  This video I show some ways to make the ship work in todays ranked meta.  Even when bottom tier she is a solid choice when played like a Russian gunboat.  

• Cool 3

[-RNG-]
[-RNG-]
Members
326 posts
17,013 battles

Yep, I have a 19 pt commander on her and she's still one of the best DDs.

[-K-]
Members
8,350 posts
14,149 battles

@Destroyer_KuroshioKai, I'm a bit surprised you're not including AFT in your gunboat build for the extra range, but I'm assuming that's mainly an effort to to over-expand your gun detection bloom.

[CVLUL]
WoWS Community Contributors
3,422 posts
13,452 battles
37 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

@Destroyer_KuroshioKai, I'm a bit surprised you're not including AFT in your gunboat build for the extra range, but I'm assuming that's mainly an effort to to over-expand your gun detection bloom.

I found the ship more flexible without AFT.  With AFT I had a tendency to kite too far, instead with CE I can close in, drop torps then kite away shooting till I drop off and then repeat.  If I went AFT I would be tempted to run IFHE too at the cost of CE and DE.  Right now I don’t think there is enough CAs in the meta to warrant that change.

The more I play with the current gun bloom mechanics the less I like AFT on a lot of ships.  I’d rather be able to open fire at closer ranges and have my detection safe zone closer.

Gremy is another ship I run like this.  That insane turning circle let’s me dodge well enough inside 12km most ships have trouble hitting me.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,303 posts
25,241 battles
35 minutes ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

With AFT I had a tendency to kite too far, instead with CE I can close in, drop torps then kite away shooting till I drop off and then repeat.

Don’t actually remember how mine is set up atm.

In any case, something you said earlier struck me; in effect, ‘play it like a Russian destroyer.’

Didn’t like it much and didn’t get CE on it before the skill changes.

When I read someone say what you said, and started doing so, I started liking Blys more.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,646 posts
34,920 battles

Very well done.

Have a Blyska with 19 points set up as you do (no AFT) except for the rudder shift module. Will try it that way. Good idea.

Members
417 posts
7,371 battles

I play mine very similarly.  Although for ranked sprint, I honestly use my Akatsuki or Sims more often.  I really miss the Kiev at Tier 7, and playing the Blyskawica reminds me of it a lot, but with usable torpedoes. I to do NOT run AFT on mine, for the gun bloom issue.  12 km is a workable range, that you can hit and fade in and out of.

[0456]
Members
3,618 posts
9,586 battles

And here's me not even realizing we're in another sprint season already...