You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
INVICTO79

Topic : CV Graf Zeppelin - Need a rework and some suggestions

11 comments in this topic

[L0B0S]
[L0B0S]
Members
8 posts
21,608 battles

Hi Community, I write some ideas hopping for the developers they will read this suggestions for an optimization of the German CV, 

First, in my experience playing CV's some years  and in comparsion to all T8 CVs, the German need an adjustment to the alpha damage to any type of planes on board. Cause in comparsion with the others (Shokaku, Enterprise etc.) the German Damage is too low in any kind of sight. Knowing  the Graf Zeppelin was one of newest CV's in his times and as planed tactic was similar to the Saipan.

Second, The models of the Rocketers, Bombers and Torpedo Bombers as I could read in some old grand pas books, was otherwise planed by the engineers as shown in the game, as Rocketers they wanted to use the Multipurpose airstrike plane Focke Wulf (Fw190D) as bombers they wanted to use the Stuka Ju 87D  same as an variand of the Stuka Ju carriyng torpedos or thinking also of using of the Heinkel HE-111DT (Double Torpedo), because of dimension of the Heinkel was small it should be not the problem.

Actually the Strike aircraft on the German CV are all Fws. and as Rocketers Messerschmitt?? (So far as I know the line of Me are only fighters)

Historically spoken, the construccion and plan of the Graf Zeppelin was to support  the Atlantic Naval warfare domination and secondary planed also to support the Axis troops at the invasion of the USA,  therefore they need longrange Aircraft like the Heinkel.

Hope my contribution will be read  by an developer and it should be nice to know what WG thinks about it.

Greets to all  and Sail Safe! 🤗

https://es.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graf_Zeppelin_(1938)

Edited by INVICTO79

[POP]
Members
507 posts
5,947 battles

Good suggestions and thanks for taking the time to do the research to support your requests.   I believe once WG has decided that the CV/surface ship interaction is balanced in general they will begin minor tweaks to individual ships to make them more competitive.  I think the GZ and the Saipan are 2 that will still need a little help.  Hopefully you get what you are looking for.

• Cool 1

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,201 posts
11,379 battles

I've had pretty good luck with Graf Zeppelin, and the only problem I have with her is her nearly useless dive bombers. The torps are serviceable,  and work well with the aircraft speed. The rockets are ok, but the DB's just don't do enough damage to make them worth launching. Really sad with how different they are from other dive bombers.

Edited by SgtBeltfed
  • Cool 1

[TF16B]
Modder
426 posts
607 battles
3 hours ago, SgtBeltfed said:

I've had pretty good luck with Graf Zeppelin, and the only problem I have with her is here nearly useless dive bombers. The torps are serviceable,  and work well with the aircraft speed. The rockets are ok, but the DB's just don't do enough damage to make them worth launching. Really sad with how different they are from other duve bombers.

I like the DB's but you're correct, they don't do a whole lot of damage. Even when you get a citadel it still looks like it could have done more.

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,041 posts
6,856 battles

I'm getting better numbers in it then I am with Kaga, Enterprise and Saipan. @SgteBeltfed I got 6 citadels in this match with DB's, trick seems to be to attack from the side  not the long end of the ship and drop in the middle of the superstructure.

Funny thing though is I'm losing matches anyways due to potatoes unlike the Enterprise. Go figure.

Other than a few tweaks it looks to be good as it is, Little White Mouse is correct the speed of the planes allow more strikes as long as you manage the plane replenishment properly.

Zep1.png

• Cool 1

[UN1]
Members
675 posts
2,491 battles

I think the biggest grievance with the GZ is that its DB's are too inconsistent to use, and it appears that the bombs fall outside of the targeting circle.  I mean, what's with that criss-cross action every time?

14 hours ago, Mailman653 said:

I like the DB's but you're correct, they don't do a whole lot of damage. Even when you get a citadel it still looks like it could have done more.

Citadel damage is much more lasting and permanent damage compared to HE/Fire.  But yeah, I feel ya.

All that said, I think there is one factor that players are missing when WG is balancing the GZ's damage potential; her secondaries.  But I think this is a little erroneous because the GZ gives up considerable AA strength compared to the other carriers.  The GZ is the one carrier you can focus down as another carrier and generally get away with it.

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,041 posts
6,856 battles
31 minutes ago, Ranari said:

I think the biggest grievance with the GZ is that its DB's are too inconsistent to use, and it appears that the bombs fall outside of the targeting circle.  I mean, what's with that criss-cross action every time?

Citadel damage is much more lasting and permanent damage compared to HE/Fire.  But yeah, I feel ya.

All that said, I think there is one factor that players are missing when WG is balancing the GZ's damage potential; her secondaries.  But I think this is a little erroneous because the GZ gives up considerable AA strength compared to the other carriers.  The GZ is the one carrier you can focus down as another carrier and generally get away with it.

No I have watched carefully how they fall, they fall side by side which means if you attack down the length of the ship they tend to straddle it rather than hit anything. hence you will get more consistency attacking perpendicular.

• Cool 1

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,201 posts
11,379 battles
1 hour ago, misanthrope0 said:

I'm getting better numbers in it then I am with Kaga, Enterprise and Saipan. @SgteBeltfed I got 6 citadels in this match with DB's, trick seems to be to attack from the side  not the long end of the ship and drop in the middle of the superstructure.

Funny thing though is I'm losing matches anyways due to potatoes unlike the Enterprise. Go figure.

Other than a few tweaks it looks to be good as it is, Little White Mouse is correct the speed of the planes allow more strikes as long as you manage the plane replenishment properly.

Zep1.png

6 Citadel's is 42k damage. Against one target, in a short time frame, that's not bad. Spread out over the whole game, aross 6 targets, is a complete waste of time. Your time is usually far better spent using torps and either getting the damage yourself,  or turning reds broadside to your team.

As far as using her secondaries to make up for her lackluster dive bombers, she doesn't have the armor to not get eaten alive by HE spam. They are nice secondaries, but they don't amount to much damage as you shouldn't be speced into them, you've got more important things to spend captains skilld on.

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,041 posts
6,856 battles
8 hours ago, SgtBeltfed said:

6 Citadel's is 42k damage. Against one target, in a short time frame, that's not bad. Spread out over the whole game, aross 6 targets, is a complete waste of time. Your time is usually far better spent using torps and either getting the damage yourself,  or turning reds broadside to your team.

As far as using her secondaries to make up for her lackluster dive bombers, she doesn't have the armor to not get eaten alive by HE spam. They are nice secondaries, but they don't amount to much damage as you shouldn't be speced into them, you've got more important things to spend captains skilld on.

I typically do concentrate on a single target if I can, you can't concentrate with just the torps you will run out of TB quick. The secondaries are awesome I have killed two DD's between them and rockets that were trying to get me.

• Cool 1

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,201 posts
11,379 battles
43 minutes ago, misanthrope0 said:

I typically do concentrate on a single target if I can, you can't concentrate with just the torps you will run out of TB quick. The secondaries are awesome I have killed two DD's between them and rockets that were trying to get me.

Secondaries on the Graf just sort of happen, if you plan on using them, you're gonna be in for a bad day. When they do happen, it's hilarious.

I mostly use TB's, with the under preforming DB's as filler. Rockets get used as the situation demands, but lack of speed and damage keep them off the menu as much as possible. I typically do more than twice as much damage with torpedo bombers as I do with dive bombers.

• Cool 1