You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SolarDwagon

We've got hard limits on uptier streaks now, can we get hard limits on preordained loss streaks too?

45 comments in this topic

[BLEP]
Members
193 posts
8,447 battles

Tongue in cheek rant.

Many games in warships feel like preordained results. Half the enemy team sails broadside, or your team does. Destroyers sit still broadside in smoke and spam shells, and act surprised when they die. There's nothing you can do to turn around many of these games. You just don't have the DPM, or the top of tier ship (seriously weegee, can we have less ships that are meta-obsolete?). What can you do? Nothing, but go back to port and look at that forlorn gift marker. But weegee have shown us the way, with their hard limits on the number of games you spend uptiered. This is the way forward! Now wargaming have mastered the first step of sensible matchmaking, now they can take it a step further, by guaranteeing that no more than 5 games in a row are matchmade to be losses! Imagine the excitement of knowing that if you can just get to that sixth game, you are actually guaranteed a team of at least comparable skill to the enemy, instead of having to endure another 10 loss streak because MM really hates you! Together with weegee, a brighter dawn!

Nonhumorous version: Stop letting matchmaker give streaks of massive skill imbalances ffs.

Edited by SolarDwagon
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

[5D]
Members
1,181 posts
16,042 battles

I don't know what you talking about I have like a 75% win rate in the last few days 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[BLEP]
Members
193 posts
8,447 battles
3 minutes ago, dad003 said:

I don't know what you talking about I have like a 75% win rate in the last few days 

Honest question here. How many of those wins do you think your team deserved, and how many were simply handed to them by virtue of not being quite as idiotic as the other team? Because personally, it's about 1 to 3 of those for my wins. If not worse, which is what I mean by preordained results. I write this as I start a match with two DD's afk.

Edited by SolarDwagon

[UN1]
Members
1,427 posts
4,694 battles
10 minutes ago, SolarDwagon said:

Tongue in cheek rant.

Many games in warships feel like preordained results. Half the enemy team sails broadside, or your team does. Destroyers sit still broadside in smoke and spam shells, and act surprised when they die. There's nothing you can do to turn around many of these games. You just don't have the DPM, or the top of tier ship (seriously weegee, can we have less ships that are meta-obsolete?). What can you do? Nothing, but go back to port and look at that forlorn gift marker. But weegee have shown us the way, with their hard limits on the number of games you spend uptiered. This is the way forward! Now wargaming have mastered the first step of sensible matchmaking, now they can take it a step further, by guaranteeing that no more than 5 games in a row are matchmade to be losses! Imagine the excitement of knowing that if you can just get to that sixth game, you are actually guaranteed a team of at least comparable skill to the enemy, instead of having to endure another 10 loss streak because MM really hates you! Together with weegee, a brighter dawn!

Nonhumorous version: Stop letting matchmaker give streaks of massive skill imbalances ffs.

You're playing in a snowflake-like event, meaning a lot of players are playing ships they don't regularly play, and thus, aren't very good at.  Happens during every snowflake event.

That said, there is absolutely zero way to implement what you're requesting.  And, even if they could, it would ruin the game.

[5D]
Members
1,181 posts
16,042 battles
13 minutes ago, SolarDwagon said:

Honest question here. How many of those wins do you think your team deserved, and how many were simply handed to them by virtue of not being quite as idiotic as the other team? Because personally, it's about 1 to 3 of those for my wins. If not worse, which is what I mean by preordained results. I write this as I start a match with two DD's afk.

I work towards victory always worst case I'll fa more damage on a lost

[TDRB]
Members
5,395 posts
13,743 battles
22 minutes ago, dad003 said:

If there were such a thing as a preordain loss streak then there would be preordain win streaks. One cannot exist without the other.

The OP is blaming MM & implies a stat based MM would improve the situation.

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

The only constant in every match you play is yourself. Improve your skill as that is in your control and you will be able carry teams a bit more. 

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1

[PPNA2]
Members
533 posts
7,716 battles
40 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

The only constant in every match you play is yourself. Improve your skill as that is in your control and you will be able carry teams a bit more. 

Yes this is true. I also every match do my best and keep learning. Some matches I will influence a lot and some soso. I have notice even on unicum  stats there are ships with low winrates. Seems like some ships tickle the fickle finger of fate.

[TIGRB]
Members
250 posts
2,801 battles
2 hours ago, dad003 said:

I'll wager if you division up with me, Your WR will fall. The MM use get will be different than mine

[ARMOR]
Members
136 posts
14,944 battles

If you want to win you have to be prepared to carry. Bring a few division mates to increase your chances.

• Cool 1

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
24,164 battles
2 hours ago, SolarDwagon said:

MM uses only ship type and tier and does not consider any other factors. Your statement is just an example of paranoia and delusion. Lose the matchmaker monitor.

[-AFK-]
Members
1,379 posts
16,806 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

^This

read what I put together here 

You are the only one to control your W/R

• Cool 1

[TMS]
Members
3,878 posts
38,370 battles

There are preordained win or loses even if not by design.

A load of 40- on one side with 60+ on the other is 95% certain outcome.

The 5% chance of winning is because i'm there.

Never give up.

vQHQh0.png

May the force be with them, they will need it.

The app will not pick up my stats no more in my shima past the 7500 battles in it, the new one does.

My2YXG.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-AFK-]
Members
1,379 posts
16,806 battles
8 minutes ago, Final8ty said:

Never give up.

vQHQh0.png

The app will not pick up my stats no more in my shima past the 7500 battles in it, the new one does.

My2YXG.png

Yeah, I found this too.

Because match maker is picking based on ship etc.... 

When it suddenly stacks one team with a ton of players with under 500 battles played on one side, that is just a random result based on a mathmatical calculation Match Maker did based on the ships it picked at that time from the available ships in queue. 

However It is worse at certain times of day. 

When the population is at its peak (14,000 online yesterday) Match Maker can do this a lot (this is just because the players online a numerous so the odds are high of this happening just purely by chance) 

So I play when the population is at its lowest , (2-3000 players online) 

And hot digity dog the games are amazing!!! The quality of players online is fantastic. 

• Cool 1

[TMS]
Members
3,878 posts
38,370 battles
3 minutes ago, Salvo_Creative said:

Yeah, I found this too.

Because match maker is picking based on ship etc.... 

When it suddenly stacks one team with a ton of players with under 500 battles played on one side, that is just a random result based on a mathmatical calculation Match Maker did based on the ships it picked at that time from the available ships in queue. 

However It is worse at certain times of day. 

When the population is at its peak (14,000 online yesterday) Match Maker can do this a lot (this is just because the players online a numerous so the odds are high of this happening just purely by chance) 

So I play when the population is at its lowest , (2-3000 players online) 

And hot digity dog the games are amazing!!! The quality of players online is fantastic. 

I find this too as only the more dedicated are playing at that time.

Edited by Final8ty
  • Cool 2

[DPG]
Members
2,106 posts
11,950 battles

The game already has a hard limit on loss streaks.  It happens when you quit for the day.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NG-NL]
Members
6,611 posts
10,993 battles

Well...you could start yelling at potatoes to carry you :Smile_trollface:

Main thing is, just accept and move on. Lot of players nowadays come just for fun of blowing stuff up. Becoming skilled is like asking them to learn a new language just to get a job; they got no patience for it.

• Cool 1

[STW-M]
Beta Testers
539 posts
8,920 battles

i can see where the op is coming from. How often i have watched as my team gets obliterated  bye the 10min mark half my team is dead and the other side has only lost 1 or 2 ships. Then when you look at mm monitor you find that the other side has all the 50s and 60% win raters and the team your on all have theres in the 40s. I dont find those games fun on either side of the coin. Blow outs where my team is steam rolling the enemy is not fun either. Something needs to be done to help prevent stuff like this from happening. though i doubt there is a good way to go about doing so.

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,023 posts
10,383 battles
6 minutes ago, usspaul3 said:

Something needs to be done to help prevent stuff like this from happening. though i doubt there is a good way to go about doing so.

No, nothing needs to be done. You even understand why that is.

[HRVAT]
[HRVAT]
Members
1,674 posts
14,654 battles
5 hours ago, Kemi337 said:

If you want to win you have to be prepared to carry. Bring a few division mates to increase your chances.

This is why some people have 65 % or higher win rate.

Is the old saying.

Success breed success. People who good only want to surround themself with other good people ---and this is fine, make perfect sense.
Why would 70 % WR player want to hang out with me at my 50 % ? I would just hurt they game play. So these player always division and always play with other good player to keep they win rate up.
Very few time you seem them alone.

There are some player who are so good they do not need division to keep up they win rate but this is very few between. Player like Yuro or Zoup or such.

So player list would look like this

Rank Elite :
Yuro, Zoup, and such

Rank Need Division Elite :

iChase, Earl Grey, anyone with win rate 51 - 65 % that not stand out

Normal Player who know what they doing and trying to get better all by they self :
Most player 47 - 53 % range

Player who just play for fun and do not care for win or loss ---- and bots :

47 % and down

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[STW-M]
Beta Testers
539 posts
8,920 battles
1 hour ago, vak_ said:

No, nothing needs to be done. You even understand why that is.

i dunno man, because the other day i had 7 straight games where i was the only one on my team with a kill, getting slaughter. Those where not fun  games at all and i felt like throwing my pc out the window cause i was getting pissed. Games that are so one sided should never happen and not happen as frequently as it does in this game.  But then since you say theres no issue you must love matches that only last 10 to 12 minutes and havling a loss

oh and i dont mean to sound like an [edited]im just tired of those kinds of losses. I dont mind lossing matches i just hate when the matches are complete blowouts and thats been happening to my teams side a lot  where it counts for at least 60% of my losses. the other 20% of those games where close games and the other 20% have been loses where i totally screwed up.

Edited by usspaul3

[ARMOR]
Members
136 posts
14,944 battles
2 hours ago, LadyAnesjka said:

Is the old saying.

Success breed success. People who good only want to surround themself with other good people ---and this is fine, make perfect sense.
Why would 70 % WR player want to hang out with me at my 50 % ? I would just hurt they game play. So these player always division and always play with other good player to keep they win rate up.

There are some player who are so good they do not need division to keep up they win rate but this is very few between. Player like Yuro or Zoup or such.

Rank Elite :
Yuro, Zoup, and such

Normal Player who know what they doing and trying to get better all by they self :

47 % and down

Teamwork is always OP. I generally will play with a few friends and yes, my division (3) winrate tops 70%. Solo is 58%, but a lot of that is from when I was new to the game and was grinding out lines to catch up to my friends on my own.

The more telling thing for me is when it is broken down by ship type. I have a much higher winrate when playing DDs solo vs. other classes, because I can impact the game more (or at least not screw it up).

The teamwork also doesn't have to be between 3 people who are exceptionally good at the game solo either, if you can teach/coach.

This happened yesterday, and one of the people in my clan/division in this game has a global 46% WR with 410 battles. If you have the knowledge of an experienced player so people can learn from mistakes and improve, you won't stay down in the sub-50% range. If people are stuck down at sub-50%, look at the battles survived% - if you survive in significantly more battles, you're likely not getting close enough and hanging in the back (not helping). If you survive significantly less battles than you win, you're likely dying extremely early and disadvantaging your team. It's a delicate balance that's hard to get down right, but team communication either in a division or just in the general chat will make these outright losses at the very least closer games. The DD is not going to want to go for the cap with zero backup, just like the BB won't want to push the flank without a torpedo screen.

Hatsuharu 09-17-19 Team Score 11 Kills.jpg

[BOTO]
Members
1,475 posts
19,057 battles
5 hours ago, LadyAnesjka said:

Is the old saying.

Rank Elite :
Yuro, Zoup, and such

47 % and down

Wow, this is incredibly subjective and arbitrary.  So where would I fit?  I have an overall  56% WR but in the past 14 months I have a 59% WR.  7739 games in PvP, only ONE in a division.

Zoup only has a 57% solo WR so I'm not sure why you classify him as Elite.

[ARMOR]
Members
136 posts
14,944 battles
10 hours ago, Final8ty said:

Never give up.

vQHQh0.png

My2YXG.png

Some of those stats you have shown there are meaningless. Why are we considering a player who has 100% win rate in the Midway (for only one battle) a "good" player even though their average damage (again in a single battle) is 27K?

You can't discern a player's skill at this game by looking at their stats in exactly one ship, especially if it has that few battles in it.

Edited by Kemi337