Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GRIMLOCK__

Graf Zep in Co-Op - A Potato's DREAM

7 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
2,618 posts

Took it out tonight with a secondary build  for about 8 matches & OMG...insanity  with a 9.4km range.  

200+ secondary hits almost every time.   I'm a flying potato so I'm not even bothering to run out planes after an initial spotting run because its way more effective to just angle around and hit things WITHOUT HAVING TO AIM.

And not losing credits either - usually banking 50K at least, without flags, just the premium camo it came with.

Only thing you can't do is go YOLO as you will die if 4 of them focus fire but...OMG.   I get most people would prefer to have to exercise some sort of skill beyond driving around (and I'm an Asashio main so I do to)  but, that was just a blast.

Edited by Anonymous50
  • Funny 1

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Modder
711 posts
881 battles

It’s a nice option to have for sure. Just gotta pick your battles wisely and hope you don’t have a spread of torpedos coming your way. Few months ago I used myself as bait to lure a ship hiding behind an island, between my secondaries and my team shooting at him, we were able to finish him off. 

Developers
428 posts
63 battles
35 minutes ago, Mailman653 said:

It’s a nice option to have for sure. Just gotta pick your battles wisely and hope you don’t have a spread of torpedos coming your way. Few months ago I used myself as bait to lure a ship hiding behind an island, between my secondaries and my team shooting at him, we were able to finish him off. 

If that've been few months ago, than maybe right now your Zeppelin is even better, since 105 mm guns penetration has been increased.

• Cool 1

[TX]
Members
1,101 posts
21,806 battles

Finding a Cv useful for the secondary guns tell alot about how they "work" after super AA buff post rework.....:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2

[RLGN]
Members
16,860 posts
29,556 battles
6 hours ago, Mikebello said:

Finding a Cv useful for the secondary guns tell alot about how they "work" after super AA buff post rework.....:Smile_trollface:

Pretty much; nothings really changed except the mechanics which define the skill gap, and how such mechanics hack other players off.

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
8,314 posts
6,955 battles
7 hours ago, Mikebello said:

44 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Pretty much; nothings really changed except the mechanics which define the skill gap, and how such mechanics hack other players off.

^ These, times over 9000.

Every time I feel like taking out a CV again for a spin, I start seeing other CV players who just do hum-drum at best, and thus reminding me not to bother at all. :Smile_smile:

So they say Enterprise is a bit stronk, hence pulled from the shop. Then I got into a Tier VIII Coop match, day before yesterday, with an Enterprise player. Surely, since he/she is top tier in the stronk Enterprise and it's a Coop match, he/she will show me some spectacular game to convince me to pick up CV's again, right? Yeah, no, he/she scored smack dab at the bottom, with less than 200 base XP. And no, the Enterprise player wasn't bad or anything. I saw him/her landing many strikes as best as he/she can... while losing bajillion planes in the process... against the bots in Coop, of all the things. :Smile_smile:

I even saw Ark Royal yesterday in the Defense of Newport operation. Triple torpedoes! Swordfishes! Surely this will be the CV to convince me that everything is fine with the ship type... or not, lol. He/she did okay, scoring somewhere near lower-middle. I distinctly remember his/her Swordfish squadrons getting shredded while making single attack runs, and no plane making it back to the carrier... against the bots. That are mostly lower tiers. In the operations. :Smile_smile:

Let me be fair here though. I actually did see a CV player in Coop who mopped the floor with the bots and scored among the top 3, last week. And that player was sailing... Graf Zeppelin, and mostly just brawled the crap out of the bots with the secondaries. The planes? Mostly a side show... lel. :Smile_smile:

Working as intended, komrades. Fun and engaging, komrades. :Smile_smile::Smile_smile::Smile_smile:

Edited by Blorgh2017
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this