Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
S842

Are the new battle sounds really an improvement?

7 comments in this topic

[TIGHT]
Members
253 posts
27,933 battles

Despite playing around in Settings I can not resolve what I think are problems.

1.  When you place your sights over a player and press F3, there is NO sound saying, "Support" this particular team mate.  You see in in chat but no sound confirming at all. 

2.  AA guns are almost silent and this really makes it uninvolving.  

3.  When you sink a ship there used to be a violent explosive sound, now you could hear a pin drop it is so quiet.

So, for me the game is less exciting and uninvolving.

If you have found a way to correct the above, please give directions.  Thanks.

[SC]
Members
9 posts
6,861 battles

I've noticed all this too, along with I can hardly hear another player shoot, even if he's right next to me, and when I'm in sniper mode, all the different voice sounds are all messed up.

[WPORT]
Members
11,632 posts
15,954 battles

I've had to lower the sound quality in my "game settings" menu.
This places less demand upon my computer's hardware and seems to smooth out the sound.
Also, there are features in the sound menu options that can be turned off to minimize the extra special effects put upon the game's sounds.

[SYN]
Members
5,879 posts
13,316 battles
2 hours ago, S842 said:

Despite playing around in Settings I can not resolve what I think are problems.

1.  When you place your sights over a player and press F3, there is NO sound saying, "Support" this particular team mate.  You see in in chat but no sound confirming at all. 

2.  AA guns are almost silent and this really makes it uninvolving.  

3.  When you sink a ship there used to be a violent explosive sound, now you could hear a pin drop it is so quiet.

So, for me the game is less exciting and uninvolving.

If you have found a way to correct the above, please give directions.  Thanks.

The new gunfire sounds are great when you hear them, but overall the sound mixing is all over the place.  Wildly differing volume levels in voice announcements, from whispering to yell-in-your-ear loud.  Shell splashes louder than your guns firing.  Horn blasts are now obscenely loud.  Anti-aircraft sounds are now very weak and uninspired.  And the new engine sounds are just plain bad.

They took a perfectly fine sound package and completely f:etc_swear:ked it up, for no reason.

[LARD]
[LARD]
Members
242 posts
19,014 battles

I like how the guns sound, but the engine noise on dd's and cruisers sound like they are washing machines. And the bb's are not much better. But I really like the sound that the 419mm on Lion sounds.

Sign in to follow this