You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Blazefang

Smolensk

16 comments in this topic

Members
1,072 posts

Won't even try.  Can't change a mind that is stuck on "It hurt me! It's OP and must be removed!"  Don't feel too bad, though.  You have plenty of company.

• Boring 2

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,474 posts

Got Smolensk ....played Smolensk. Anddd. Can't say it's game breaking it's worse than an Emerald lol. Or it could be it's twin, all you have enough to do is hit it .....it's made of gasoline soaked cardboard and matches holding her together. Lol!!!

:Smile_teethhappy:

Beta Testers
2,855 posts
9,043 battles

Smolensk has DD guns with barely any penetration and other cruisers have better damage output against armoured targets as well as fire chance even thought its guns benefit from AFT/BFT. Just like DDs, needs to get lucky with fires that stick on the target in order to average even a respectable amount of damage. No radar. Less smoke screen charges, range, damage than Minotaur while also being the most fragile ship in the game. Heavily reliant on captain skills so it has to give up many useful skills like RPF and even concealment expert if you want to provide the best gun performance and have last stand. Worse sigma and overall accuracy than most other T10 cruisers. Not a true premium ship so it does not obtain more credits. Provides the enemy team with many devastating strike medals. The Khabarovsk already exists, why play a fatter one with a citadel?

[LOSC]
Members
612 posts

Really the Atlanta is better, as it will not be seen behind islands spamming you with HE, as the Smol needs smoke and has

armour only as strong as the Atlanta.  yes it does have more distance than Atl but Smol is mostly in X games!

[XBRTC]
Members
3,155 posts
10,065 battles
13 minutes ago, NeoRussia said:

Smolensk has DD guns with barely any penetration and other cruisers have better damage output against armoured targets as well as fire chance even thought its guns benefit from AFT/BFT. Just like DDs, needs to get lucky with fires that stick on the target in order to average even a respectable amount of damage. No radar. Less smoke screen charges, range, damage than Minotaur while also being the most fragile ship in the game. Heavily reliant on captain skills so it has to give up many useful skills like RPF and even concealment expert if you want to provide the best gun performance and have last stand. Worse sigma and overall accuracy than most other T10 cruisers. Not a true premium ship so it does not obtain more credits. Provides the enemy team with many devastating strike medals. The Khabarovsk already exists, why play a fatter one with a citadel?

I'm doing okay in it without last stand. I think I've only lost my rudder or engine twice in ~60 battles, and it was barely even a minor inconvenience. I've only been dev struck twice, I think. Maybe 3 times.

[WOLF2]
Members
444 posts
10,709 battles

Eh it's fun, but by no means is it an automatic win ship.

It's numbers are likely to get worse over time.

Members
5,789 posts
11,631 battles

I wish it was as "game breaking" for me.  It can be citadeled by coughing on it and 2 torps pretty much take out 75% of its health instantly .

[VFW]
Members
1,532 posts
32,821 battles

How many "game breakers" have there been?  Remember these oldies, but goodies... Haragumo, Kitakaze, All CVs, Belfast, Bayard, Colbert, etc...now it's the Friesland and Smolensk.

Feel free to add to many that I have not listed....

vr, 

[WOLFG]
Members
13,428 posts
12,860 battles
8 minutes ago, TexJapan said:

How many "game breakers" have there been?  Remember these oldies, but goodies... Haragumo, Kitakaze, All CVs, Belfast, Bayard, Colbert, etc...now it's the Friesland and Smolensk.

vr, 

Asashio

Worchester

[WORX]
Members
14,361 posts
20,908 battles
6 minutes ago, TexJapan said:

• Kamikaze
    • Now that the liquidator achievement is out of the game, she is neh.
  • Kremlin
  • The Mighty MO,
    • Game economics breaker AND unrealistic secondaries

that is all I got for now.

[SYN]
Members
5,879 posts
13,316 battles
45 minutes ago, khan1670 said:

It's numbers are likely to get worse over time.

If most other non-Russian premium ship started off with the kind of numbers the Smolensk enjoys it would have been nerf-sledgehammered by now.

• Cool 2

[RBMK]
Beta Testers
3,806 posts
14,748 battles

Any ship that is a paper design or simply made up are game breakers, but what they are actually breaking who knows

Members
687 posts
9,588 battles
41 minutes ago, LunchCutter said:

They always seem to die first... 

Then they are just bad players, and don't matter. Smolensk is broken OP, just like all these new super premium money grab ships they have released the past couple months.

Nerf? Nah, won't happen. Premiums don't get nerfed because nerfed ships don't make money.

• Boring 1