You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RoundsDownRange

Coupons Thanks, But no thanks

73 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,395 posts
16,158 battles

WG thank you for the 30% off coupon, but next time could you take ALL the ludacris restrictions off of it first so I can use it on something I want or need and not things I already have.  Also the 72 hour use or lose sucks, but then again it was offered by you so what should i have expected.

It seems you go out of your way to piss off your player base.

So the next time you give one of these out, allow it to be used for ANYTHING in the Premium Shop and if your going to set a time limit on it, set either for 30, 60 90 or 365 days not 72 hours.  What happens when you send it to someone who hasn't been paid yet?  You just screwed them out of the coupon, or was that your intent in the first place to save money? 

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 15

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,549 posts
9 minutes ago, RoundsDownRange said:

WG thank you for the 30% off coupon, but next time could you take ALL the ludacris restrictions off of it first so I can use it on something I want or need and not things I already have.  Also the 72 hour use or lose sucks, but then again it was offered by you so what should i have expected.

It seems you go out of your way to piss off your player base.

So the next time you give one of these out, allow it to be used for ANYTHING in the Premium Shop and if your going to set a time limit on it, set either for 30, 60 90 or 365 days not 72 hours.  What happens when you send it to someone who hasn't been paid yet?  You just screwed them out of the coupon, or was that your intent in the first place to save money? 

Many coupons from many stores don't apply to already discounted items.  Not just a WG thing.

I am all about that coupon and am going to use it today.

Tip: It can be used for doubloons, which can then be used for whatever.

• Boring 1

Beta Testers
1,395 posts
16,158 battles
6 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Many coupons from any store don't apply to already discounted items.  Not just a WG thing.

I understand, but I also understand that they are just trying to get to you spend no matter what.  My issue with WG is their prices are to high, they pad everything they sell and give NO real discounts.  So if they want my money, even my discounted money, then offer me things I want and not what they are willing to part with.

• Cool 1

[SLI]
9,549 posts
8 minutes ago, RoundsDownRange said:

I understand, but I also understand that they are just trying to get to you spend no matter what.  My issue with WG is their prices are to high, they pad everything they sell and give NO real discounts.  So if they want my money, even my discounted money, then offer me things I want and not what they are willing to part with.

For sure spend your money on what you want, or don't, no doubt. 

That said, again though, you CAN use the coupon for just about whatever you want.  Use it to get 30% off doubloons then spend those doubloons on whatever it is you want.  Now, next year, whatever.  You will end up with 30% off the thing.

WG didn't raise the price of everything to compensate for the coupon or something, it is a discount over their normal pricing.

[PEKO]
7,026 posts
28,089 battles

They usually don't count for bundles... but just for fun, I clicked on the Ark Royal Sam bundle and it showed up. Used mine, so I cannot check for restrictions.

Beta Testers
1,395 posts
16,158 battles
3 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

They usually don't count for bundles... but just for fun, I clicked on the Ark Royal Sam bundle and it showed up. Used mine, so I cannot check for restrictions.

You got Ark Royal using yours?

[WOLF5]
Members
1,695 posts
12,216 battles

Since this is a complaint-based thread I want to know where MY 30% off coupon is????

Edited by DJC_499
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[SLI]
9,549 posts
8 minutes ago, RoundsDownRange said:

You got Ark Royal using yours?

It for sure applies to just the ship in the store.  Would come out to $17.

[SLI]
9,549 posts
3 minutes ago, DJC_499 said:

Since this is a complaint-based thread I want to know where MY 30% off coupon is????

I got mine for my 4 year anniversary.  It might be a 4 year only thing?

[WOLF5]
Members
1,695 posts
12,216 battles
Just now, Burnsy said:

Oh, OK Thanks....only about 2.25 years for me...

[OBS]
184 posts
8,928 battles

Bought some doubloons.  Too bad I can't accept another one from someone who doesn't want it lol.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,568 posts
13,018 battles
26 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

complaining just to complain.... Nothing to see here boys...

Agree 100% +1

Beta Testers
1,395 posts
16,158 battles
1 minute ago, DeathSniper said:

Bought some doubloons.  Too bad I can't accept another one from someone who doesn't want it lol.

Yeah it is, otherwise I'd give you mine.

[A-I-M]
Members
4,105 posts
15,369 battles
9 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I signed up for WoWs right at three years ago this week. Was couponized with a 30% coupon last night.

Heck you can buy a buttload of doubloons at 30% off, then head to the armory and use those discounted doubloons to pick from the expanded ship selection at a further 25% off with the armory premium ship coupon.

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea
  • Cool 2

[SLI]
9,549 posts
1 minute ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

I signed up for WoWs right at three years ago this week. Was couponized with a 30% coupon last night.

Heck you can buy a buttload of doubloons at 30% off, then head to the armory and use those discounted doubloons to pick the expanded ship selection at a further 25% off with the armory premium ship coupon.

Yepper.  If you were planning on buying something, it isn't going to get any cheaper than this.

[WOLFA]
1,360 posts

it's pretty mean to tease us empty wallet folks with coupons  :Smile_bajan2:

Developers
428 posts
63 battles
6 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Heck you can buy a buttload of doubloons at 30% off, then head to the armory and use those discounted doubloons to pick from the expanded ship selection at a further 25% off with the armory premium ship coupon.

Yes, you can do exactly that. With this update even more ships are available via doubloons in  Armory.

[A-I-M]
Members
4,105 posts
15,369 battles
2 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Yepper.  If you were planning on buying something, it isn't going to get any cheaper than this.

Or, if converting Free XP is someone’s thing, buy said buttload of doubloons at 30% off, then, take advantage of the current 35:1 conversion discount, which gets you 40% more Free XP from those cheap doubloons.

This can approach Christmas sale discounts, without the Christmas bundling.

I will agree, however, with the OP’s point about the three-day usage window. A coupon period of a week can strike the happy medium between WG’s drive to get impulse buys, while letting the customer choose better what to use it on.

[KMK]
Members
218 posts
14,477 battles

I win 2000 doublons in SC, used the coupon and get z-39 for ranked at less than half price. Thats great, so thanks WG.

[RLGN]
Members
16,848 posts
29,524 battles
53 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Many coupons from many stores don't apply to already discounted items.  Not just a WG thing.

Something in the shop? Or is this coupon related to the bonus code anniversary redemption?