You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Random Thoughts from Deep R'lyeh; Ark Royal and Unsinkable Sam Containers.

6 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
25,691 posts
19,781 battles

If all you want is the Ark Royal, she's cheap enough that it's probably not worth spamming premium containers to try to get the unlock mission for her. Wait until you've got all the free ones from the in-game mission first.

In fact, it may make sense not to buy the ship at all until you've got all four in-game containers and you know you're not going to get her for nothing. However, if you win her for free and want to buy her for the bonus XP missions and the duplicate doubloons, that's another matter.

IF YOU ARE BUYING THE CONTAINERS FOR THEIR GUARANTEED CONTENT FIRST AND FOREMOST, you may disregard this advice.

If you are primarily chasing unlock missions, REMEMBER THAT THERE COMES A POINT BEYOND WHICH IT IS CHEAPER SIMPLY TO BUY THE PREMIUM SHIPS (and grind for the tech-tree one). DO YOUR SUMS BEFORE BUYING AND KNOW YOUR LIMITS.

Members
63 posts
1,807 battles

I dislike having to rely on crates in the extreme, and considering the relatively low price point, I decided to shell out. Much better that way, I feel. Throwing dice for a chance at a mission is...hurtful to my wallet, and I’ve spent more money on this game over the years than I care to admit.

As for Ark Royal herself, she’s a pretty ship, though I’m still wondering whether I got my money’s worth in terms of fun. The planes don’t Up-Tier well, and are...slow. Still, there’s some interesting stuff, and the torp bombers get a nice spread. The bombers are amusing, too, but I need a lot of time to learn this ship.

[DVYJC]
Members
4,521 posts
12,361 battles
6 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If all you want is the Ark Royal, she's cheap enough that it's probably not worth spamming premium containers to try to get the unlock mission for her. Wait until you've got all the free ones from the in-game mission first.

In fact, it may make sense not to buy the ship at all until you've got all four in-game containers and you know you're not going to get her for nothing. However, if you win her for free and want to buy her for the bonus XP missions and the duplicate doubloons, that's another matter.

IF YOU ARE BUYING THE CONTAINERS FOR THEIR GUARANTEED CONTENT FIRST AND FOREMOST, you may disregard this advice.

If you are primarily chasing unlock missions, REMEMBER THAT THERE COMES A POINT BEYOND WHICH IT IS CHEAPER SIMPLY TO BUY THE PREMIUM SHIPS (and grind for the tech-tree one). DO YOUR SUMS BEFORE BUYING AND KNOW YOUR LIMITS.

Weegee has come up with a serious siren song for me. My actual name is Sam, and I love the camos. Must. Resist.

[FML]
Members
4,315 posts
16,490 battles
2 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Weegee has come up with a serious siren song for me. My actual name is Sam, and I love the camos. Must. Resist.

Let us know if you become unsinkable, yeah?