Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Best way to play the Irian?

2 comments in this topic

[DRNX]
[DRNX]
Members
497 posts
14,107 battles

After getting the Lazo in a SC I decided to get the Irian. Cost around $30 in doubloons after coupon. Any strategy or tips on how to play this ship? I have the special Pan Asian cpt that has +3 on DE. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

[WAP]
Beta Testers
347 posts

It's a light cruiser that has to regularly face t10 so all standard rules apply.  Keep angled, keep your distance, be aware of who is looking your way, etc.

The good news is you have strong tools at your disposal.  The guns are glorious and you can easily rain fiery HE at 17km.  It's reasonably fast, and rudder shift is decent.  As a result you'll want to be firing your guns pretty much constantly. 

The trick you have are the 13.5km deep water torps.  The best location to get yourself is in front of the main enemy push and launch torps into them.  Against stationary or advancing enemy, you can often get to their flank and torp from stealth.  Just don't give broadside to launch torps - it's not worth it and you are easily deleted.  Don't be shy to use the torp booster to get a second torp salvo out against juicy targets.  I regularly get 2 to 3 torp hits per game. 

Sign in to follow this