Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SatansOilcan

Good golly, thank you Wargaming!

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

236
[ANKER]
Members
448 posts
16,228 battles

AA Defense Expert returns
The coolest new port to date
Supercontainers raining down like raindrops.  (I think I will get 22 of them)
Free Captain Respec
Fantastic New Missions

Your generosity is simply stupefying this patch... Bravo!!!  :fish_cute_2:

 

Edit:  and a belated thank you for the Somers!  My Dad was a chief machinist on the USS Jouett, a Somers class DD in WWII.  I was super excited to get her in game and she's treating me well!

image.thumb.png.5e3cc60e2242d22b827c1bb9de12c88b.png

Edited by driedjello
add
  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,010
[JEDI-]
Members
2,685 posts
6,946 battles
5 minutes ago, driedjello said:

AA Defense Expert returns
The coolest new port to date
Supercontainers raining down like raindrops.  (I think I will get 22 of them)
Free Captain Respec
Fantastic New Missions

Your generosity is simply stupefying this patch... Bravo!!!  :fish_cute_2:

 

Edit:  and a belated thank you for the Somers!  My Dad was a chief machinist on the USS Jouett, a Somers class DD in WWII.  I was super excited to get her in game and she's treating me well!

image.thumb.png.5e3cc60e2242d22b827c1bb9de12c88b.png

Free capt respec? You do CB? That might be why you have the respec free.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
236
[ANKER]
Members
448 posts
16,228 battles
1 minute ago, xalmgrey said:

Free capt respec? You do CB? That might be why you have the respec free.

Oooh, didn't realize that might be situational.  They even gave a supercrate for a line I was regrinding...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,969 posts

In the official patch announcement thread... people were actually complaining about 0.8.8 !! I was blown away! The level of deplorable people that exist never ceases to amaze me.

This is one of the best patches I can think of. We have a chance to earn a free T6 ship and win the Ark Royal? Supercontainers? A new clan-battles mode? Ranked sprint again? Flags + camo's galore? Audio/visual overhaul?

It must be so annoying being one of the devs, slaving over this game for 50hrs a week  trying to come up with new ships, modes, rewards, and balancing... and then logging into these forums. Only to have some uneducated ignorant fool sit there and ridicule everything.

I love the patch. They're crying because CV's didn't get nerfed again. They just won't give it up. Those haters can get bent over a Porcupine then spooned by a Hippo ...

Edited by ElectroVeeDub
  • Cool 5
  • Boring 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,091
[ARGSY]
Members
2,016 posts
6,271 battles
23 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

In the official patch announcement thread... people were actually complaining about 0.8.8 !! I was blown away! The level of deplorable people that exist never ceases to amaze me.

This is one of the best patches I can think of. We have a chance to earn a free T6 ship and win the Ark Royal? Supercontainers? A new clan-battles mode? Ranked sprint again? Flags + camo's galore? Audio/visual overhaul?

It must be so annoying being one of the devs, slaving over this game for 50hrs a week  trying to come up with new ships, modes, rewards, and balancing... and then logging into these forums. Only to have some uneducated ignorant fool sit there and ridicule everything.

I love the patch. Those haters can get bent.

Wan't revenge VeeDub? I know you do....

Your Enterprise awaits...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,969 posts
4 minutes ago, Sumseaman said:

Wan't revenge VeeDub? I know you do....

Your Enterprise awaits...

Mmmm... salt...

You'll be the first I test it on.

Game's balanced now. No AA/CV changes made.

Just Dodge Bro! :)

Edited by ElectroVeeDub
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,091
[ARGSY]
Members
2,016 posts
6,271 battles
7 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

Mmmm... salt...

You'll be the first I test it on.

Game's balanced now. No AA/CV changes made.

Just Dodge Bro! :)

Wait mate did you think I was having a go at you? One of those upvotes was mine!

I'm the first to agree on this. I was actually saying yeah I get sick of the cry bebes too...especially when I'm playing a match in the Enterprise.

Joke gone wrong nooooooo...

Edited by Sumseaman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,361
[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,281 posts
12,191 battles
31 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

Only to have some uneducated ignorant fool sit there and ridicule everything.

I love the patch. They're crying because CV's didn't get nerfed again. They just won't give it up.

And in this - you show your own ignorance.

You love the patch, so does the OP - good for you.

Not everyone cares about ranked and clan wars cause they don't participate for various reasons.

Not everyone unhappy with 8.8 is unhappy because CV's aren't nerfed - it's the overall lack of balance changes that are needed and the one they give is a nerf to Guepard of all things. And stuff related to CV's partially stems from about 8 months of a incomplete system when they said all this would be 'faster and easier' to balance and would only be broken 'for a short time' - to which 8 months isn't.

Yeah, a shot at a tier 6 ship, chosen at random, and a ton of RNG containers - so far 300 useless flags I don't need and 50 camo's - woohoo, which is part of peoples issues with that - most don't find 100 ramming flags very rewarding. Yeah, you get a minuscule shot at getting Ark Royal. Not everyone cares about the visual overhaul, and not all of us really like the audio overhaul. 

A lot of us remember what it used to be like - even last year, there was a collection with stuff, there was no RNG on flags and all - you played X thousand battles, you got Y number of all the flags. SC's - no one was super thrilled back then they were a maybe bonus because of the tendency of them giving things of very little value to some, while others get ships left and right. When WG would give ships away - they'd give it away. It wouldn't be some insane series of missions that requires you to get XP for a ship 3 tiers higher, and credits for one 4 higher using every nation in the game and ships a tier or two higher to earn it that you have a week to do - it'd be some stuff even the average player could do with a bit of free time. Sure, 9/10 times it was an older premium they likely made their money on, or it was a ship with a specific gimmick they were giving out just so they could test things just like Ark Beta and Iwaki Alpha. 

I have had interactions with the dev's - and they understand that most of us at least aren't crapping on their work just to do so - we actually give a damn about the game, we want it to be the best it can be. Sometimes, we actually pick up on things they maybe missed, in the case of overlapping AA - that is something many of us said should have stayed to start with, and WG admitted that it didn't work, and we didn't like it, and so reverted it. We don't speak up at all - they'll just keep doing the same things to the game and as a company we may not like.

 

And just because we may not agree 8.8 is the best thing ever - is no reason to call us deplorable, or insinuate that we are a bunch of uneducated, ignorant fools.

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,969 posts
4 hours ago, WanderingGhost said:

Not everyone unhappy with 8.8 is unhappy because CV's aren't nerfed - it's the overall lack of balance changes that are needed and the one they give is a nerf to Guepard of all things.

And just because we may not agree 8.8 is the best thing ever - is no reason to call us deplorable, or insinuate that we are a bunch of uneducated, ignorant fools.

That doesn't mean you think clearly, and everybody agrees with you.

You were given a very simple to do mission with a guaranteed free T6 premium ship, and another opportunity to win the Ark Royal, amoungst many other goodies. A potential $70+ value FOR FREE.

If WG nerfed the Guepard, it's because the engine boost consumable was outperforming even the T7 French DD, and there was no logical progression up the tech-tree.

If WG hasn't included many balance changes in 0.8.8  it's because they are happy with the state of the game currently. That's why the Ark Royal has been released. The game is not nearly as broken as you claim.

Do you behave like this even on Christmas when Santa doesn't give you the gifts you demand? Grow up man. Be gracious. It's a time to celebrate. Not cry like toddlers. My mother would beat me into next week if I was as ungrateful as you... for real.

Edited by ElectroVeeDub

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
71
[-SKI-]
Members
323 posts
14,054 battles
7 hours ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

In the official patch announcement thread... people were actually complaining about 0.8.8 !! I was blown away! The level of deplorable people that exist never ceases to amaze me.

This is one of the best patches I can think of. We have a chance to earn a free T6 ship and win the Ark Royal? Supercontainers? A new clan-battles mode? Ranked sprint again? Flags + camo's galore? Audio/visual overhaul?

It must be so annoying being one of the devs, slaving over this game for 50hrs a week  trying to come up with new ships, modes, rewards, and balancing... and then logging into these forums. Only to have some uneducated ignorant fool sit there and ridicule everything.

I love the patch. They're crying because CV's didn't get nerfed again. They just won't give it up. Those haters can get bent over a Porcupine then spooned by a Hippo ...

I had no complaints until logging in and finding out the porcupine/hippo interfacing was being performed aboard all of my ships. The sound rework is atrocious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,361
[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,281 posts
12,191 battles
7 hours ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

That doesn't mean you think clearly, and everybody agrees with you.

You were given a very simple to do mission with a guaranteed free T6 premium ship, and another opportunity to win the Ark Royal, amoungst many other goodies. A potential $70+ value FOR FREE.

If WG nerfed the Guepard, it's because the engine boost consumable was outperforming even the T7 French DD, and there was no logical progression up the tech-tree.

If WG hasn't included many balance changes in 0.8.8  it's because they are happy with the state of the game currently. That's why the Ark Royal has been released. The game is not nearly as broken as you claim.

Do you behave like this even on Christmas when Santa doesn't give you the gifts you demand? Grow up man. Be gracious. It's a time to celebrate. Not cry like toddlers. My mother would beat me into next week if I was as ungrateful as you... for real.

There is no 'simple to do mission' for the tier 6 - there is a series of missions through the directives that you must complete, with the last one having such as earn 20000 free xp, tank 9000000 damage, spot 65 torpedoes, sink 25 ships, not to mention that before that, you have 2 others where you have to complete 7 missions, with things like cause 8000 flood damage which can be harder than it sounds as DCP will get saved for it more often and ones where you have to play specific types or play one of the nations listed - which not everyone does. Ark Royal, is an RNG shot, which is only made better in that these challenges are more generic and actually have a month to complete and won't come down to the last week. Because again - not everyone has a ton of time to spend here. And a lot of people don't play CV's so even if they do get it, it may just sit there or be a port slot for those people when someone like me that would play it doesn't. Now because you wanna go that route - you wanna say we get 70+ dollars of stuff for free? No - we have to actually work for it and hope RNG is on our side. Unlike when the PvE and returning players, just by signing in within a period, were given De Grasse, Ceasre, 10 point captains for each, plus a 3rd for the PA DD line, credits, premium time, free xp, and more that was over 100 dollars of stuff. THAT was given freely, not what we have to do to get any of ours.

You are missing the actual point. Other than the fact there are plenty of other areas where there isn't logical progression - it's not like Guepard was actually overperforming, where as right now there are plenty of things over and under performing in game - and not a single one of those was changed at all, not even some kind of band aid for the short term.

That's why low tiers CV's ignore the paltry AA made worse by 8.7 changes, while at high tiers CV's are taking 100% losses still after attacks where most of the flak is dodged, and that +/- 2 CV's is still an issue in their respective directions, when they said the goal was to reduce the performance difference of AA both between the best and worst ship of a tier and between tiers. That's why they were working on trying to fix the fact that IFHE auto pens BB's at high tiers regardless of angle though that has gone silent for now. That's why various other changes have been talked of in various places or leaked. And just because 'wargaming is happy' - doesn't mean it's actually right or that the players are having fun. It's a running joke at this point that 'the spreadsheets say were having fun'. The important thing is that the players are happy - because with no players, there is no game, other than say the shattered remains of World of Warplanes that even the company tends to avoid mentioning exists - because those devs were happy with how things were with patch 1.5 - till the population max at prime dwindled to about 1000 online max from 5-6000 before that patch and 8000 at it's peak. 

 

First off - I'm well beyond the Santa stage. Second off - Unless you want to count the very loose 'be good' concept - which is really more akin to just logging in, Santa doesn't make you do specific tasks like say a 920 spinning flip from the prone position, rescue 3 people from fires, and do 4 laps around the block to get anything. Third - no one is demanding anything, those of us saying anything about the rewards are pointing out the fact that there used to be less hoop jumping to get the rewards, instead of just grinding missions, they had fun side things like a collection, etc. Players with a couple thousand battles might not have tier 9 ships so miss out on that stuff and you don't know what you might get unlike previous years where it was some number of all the flags for every 1000 battles, which players liked. Which to further build on your 'Santa' analogy - this years stuff is more like if Santa gave you a box and told you that it could have 50 dollars, tickets to a concert/sporting event, a 50 dollar gift card, a lump of coal, or a lump of polished coal, and that even he didn't know what was in it the magic would randomly select it once you opened the box. The guarantee is only 'you get something - you could get the amazing tickets, or you could get a lump of coal, over several crates you could get a lot of coal and in this case I mean the bad Santa kind not the ingame resource. And THAT is our issues there - it's not that we are completely ungrateful were getting anything - we are not fans of the fact that it's not guaranteed to be something good or useful - it could be a bunch of useless junk, our issue is the RNG box method. And my fourth point here would be this is not some benevolent jolly old magic man, or your parents, or some family member being nice - this is a company that some of us have given money to, all this really is at best, is a customer appreciation day, albeit it takes longer. And a means by which they are using to compel people to play more, in order to get a thing. And y'know what - some of us prefer the way it was done in previous years, and so we are voicing that opinion.

 

But all that is besides the point I was really making - that we do not agree with you is no reason to insult people with terms like deplorable or insult them with accusations they are uneducated or the like - to which my family would kick my :etc_swear: in to next month if I did simply because they disagree with my viewpoint. "Treat others as you want to be treated" and all that - which is something I guess you never picked up on unless those of us that disagree with you should be calling you deplorable and an uneducated, ignorant fool because we don't agree with you and that's how you wish to be treated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,739 posts
10,757 battles
13 hours ago, WanderingGhost said:

And in this - you show your own ignorance.

You love the patch, so does the OP - good for you.

Not everyone cares about ranked and clan wars cause they don't participate for various reasons.

Not everyone unhappy with 8.8 is unhappy because CV's aren't nerfed - it's the overall lack of balance changes that are needed and the one they give is a nerf to Guepard of all things. And stuff related to CV's partially stems from about 8 months of a incomplete system when they said all this would be 'faster and easier' to balance and would only be broken 'for a short time' - to which 8 months isn't.

Yeah, a shot at a tier 6 ship, chosen at random, and a ton of RNG containers - so far 300 useless flags I don't need and 50 camo's - woohoo, which is part of peoples issues with that - most don't find 100 ramming flags very rewarding. Yeah, you get a minuscule shot at getting Ark Royal. Not everyone cares about the visual overhaul, and not all of us really like the audio overhaul. 

A lot of us remember what it used to be like - even last year, there was a collection with stuff, there was no RNG on flags and all - you played X thousand battles, you got Y number of all the flags. SC's - no one was super thrilled back then they were a maybe bonus because of the tendency of them giving things of very little value to some, while others get ships left and right. When WG would give ships away - they'd give it away. It wouldn't be some insane series of missions that requires you to get XP for a ship 3 tiers higher, and credits for one 4 higher using every nation in the game and ships a tier or two higher to earn it that you have a week to do - it'd be some stuff even the average player could do with a bit of free time. Sure, 9/10 times it was an older premium they likely made their money on, or it was a ship with a specific gimmick they were giving out just so they could test things just like Ark Beta and Iwaki Alpha. 

I have had interactions with the dev's - and they understand that most of us at least aren't crapping on their work just to do so - we actually give a damn about the game, we want it to be the best it can be. Sometimes, we actually pick up on things they maybe missed, in the case of overlapping AA - that is something many of us said should have stayed to start with, and WG admitted that it didn't work, and we didn't like it, and so reverted it. We don't speak up at all - they'll just keep doing the same things to the game and as a company we may not like.

 

And just because we may not agree 8.8 is the best thing ever - is no reason to call us deplorable, or insinuate that we are a bunch of uneducated, ignorant fools.

You make the mistake that what you are responding to deserves to be treated like a person. I do appreciate your thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,198
[SYN]
Members
5,879 posts
13,316 battles
15 hours ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

In the official patch announcement thread... people were actually complaining about 0.8.8 !! I was blown away! The level of deplorable people that exist never ceases to amaze me.

This is one of the best patches I can think of. We have a chance to earn a free T6 ship and win the Ark Royal? Supercontainers? A new clan-battles mode? Ranked sprint again? Flags + camo's galore? Audio/visual overhaul?

It must be so annoying being one of the devs, slaving over this game for 50hrs a week  trying to come up with new ships, modes, rewards, and balancing... and then logging into these forums. Only to have some uneducated ignorant fool sit there and ridicule everything.

I love the patch. They're crying because CV's didn't get nerfed again. They just won't give it up. Those haters can get bent over a Porcupine then spooned by a Hippo ...

 

I'm sure the Devs appreciate you rubbing yourself all over their laps, but you are seriously misguided if you think your groveling, pontification, and insults raise you to some higher moral ground.

But hey, keep lickin' those boots if it makes you feel good.  :cap_like:

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×