You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Cit_the_bed

Fire whoever made the new sounds

72 comments in this topic

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,830 posts
22,720 battles

Reverb is way too much, captain voices a whisper, ships sound like clothes dryers, and the spotter plane is so loud it hurts the ears.

Please give an option for the old, clear, unmuffled, no reverb, sounds.

new_sounds.png

Edited by Cit_the_bed
  • Cool 19
  • Funny 10
  • Boring 3

[A-D]
Beta Testers, Alpha Tester
2,638 posts

They messed up the mixing yet again?

I don't think I've known another game to go through as many sound overhauls as wows...

• Cool 1

[ALAG]
Members
168 posts
3,096 battles

I like the new sounds... with a few exceptions like how I can hardly hear the AA on my ship and it sometimes sounds like someone is clapping their hands on the deck to scare the planes away.

Edited by Aviri
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[WPS]
Members
4,181 posts
9,619 battles
22 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Reverb is way too much, captain voices a whisper, ships sound like clothes dryers, and the spotter plane is so loud it hurts the ears.

Please give an option for the old, clear, unmuffled, no reverb, sounds.

Shots fired.

BOOM BOOM BOOM.

[GGWP]
Privateers
7,657 posts
18,549 battles

sound is overall good, mixing is bad. But some things like the constatnt engine, wind and waves gets annoying

• Cool 2

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,272 posts
8,371 battles

It needs some work, but definitely an improvement in detail and dynamics....CV/Plane sounds are really great!      however...this was not ready for release yet......

• Cool 1

[UEFN]
Members
1,355 posts
26,866 battles

I'm actually getting a headache and physical ears pain from the sound effect, literally painful to play with the new trashy sound downgrade.

• Cool 4

[KSE]
Members
96 posts
7,493 battles
13 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

I'm actually getting a headache and physical ears pain from the sound effect, literally painful to play with the new trashy sound downgrade.

My words exactly, this new sounds are actually effecting how I play. Nothing about it is pleasant, its such a bad mix of sounds.

[COSTA]
Beta Testers
43 posts
10,657 battles

I never saw 1 negative post about the previous sound pak. Why, of all the things to fix, did you decide to fix the one thing that was perfect?

Members
663 posts
5,969 battles

Just pleasepleasepleasepleaseplese tell me they didn’t mess with my sound sliders in the process. I liked them where they were at.

Do I have to turn music off again as well?

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,236 posts
4,363 battles
3 minutes ago, rustydawg said:

My Farragut has a Rod knocking sound!

I mean it's pushing 80, surprised that's all that's wrong with it:Smile_teethhappy:

Seriously though, WG seems to make sound changes every patch, and every patch they screw it up for the release. Everytime they "upgrade" the sound, something audio related breaks, and they have to emergency patch it. Is it that hard to get it right the first time? As funny as it was for everyone in the battle to hear the Alabama's sound as if they were playing it, it was a bit disconcerting when my 6" guns sounded a lot bigger. And then there was the one where the Freedom Camo silenced the Cleveland's guns. What is it with audio bugs WG?

• Cool 1

[BS]
Members
2,001 posts
11,727 battles

Play the Z52, the humming of the engine literally made my teeth hurt. The guns sounded great though

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,567 posts
13,017 battles

What a bunch of old ladies turn the volume down and stop crying about everything new  .

• Cool 1
  • Boring 10

[KAPPA]
Members
3,162 posts
9,571 battles
1 hour ago, Aviri said:

I like the new sounds... with a few exceptions like how I can hardly hear the AA on my ship and it sometimes sounds like someone is clapping their hands on the deck to scare the planes away.

Well, would you be able to bomb people giving you a standing ovation?

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,734 posts
13,720 battles

I can't tell when my guns have reloaded. Sounds like the background noise of a kitchen. I have to look down at the counters to see if I'm loaded instead of listening.

• Cool 2

[KAPPA]
Members
1,610 posts
8,960 battles
21 minutes ago, Sou1forge said:

Just pleasepleasepleasepleaseplese tell me they didn’t mess with my sound sliders in the process. I liked them where they were at.

Do I have to turn music off again as well?

I can report that they left the sliders where they were, but that doesn't mean things didn't change and make your old slider positions irrelevant. I spent at least a good hour this morning fiddling with the dang things trying to find a setting that let me both hear the sound effects AND hear my music at the same time. For the time being, I've had to settle for muffled music. Honestly, I think they need to take a look at normalization and few other settings that need tweaking, somebody got something wrong, I'm sure of that.

• Cool 2

[GOB]
Members
3,029 posts

Traveling right now so I haven't heard them yet but during PT I noted to them that the new engine sound THROBBING made me turn down my surround sound because i was giving me a headache and the droning on of it was very distracting.  I never got it to work with my sound system but its always like that with PTS.. Couldn't hear AA either.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
129 posts
6,059 battles

I agree the sound could use some tweaking. I like how the guns on the Missouri, Alaska and Atlanta sound now but I'm not a fan of the sounds for the light and heavy cruisers. I always thought the gun sound from the Alaska was lacking and now every heavy cruiser has it.