Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Trident55

Download speed has fallen to zero...

26 comments in this topic

[BOTST]
Members
175 posts
2,855 battles

So now I can't even download the update to see how they broke it this time.

Does anyone know why it keeps saying "Download speed has fallen to zero check your internet connection?" because it's not my internet connection it's on the download server side.

And this compnay is profitable? LOL

• Haha 1

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,281 posts
19,393 battles
16 minutes ago, Trident55 said:

So now I can't even download the update to see how they broke it this time.

Does anyone know why it keeps saying "Download speed has fallen to zero check your internet connection?" because it's not my internet connection it's on the download server side.

And this compnay is profitable? LOL

Hi Trident,

Please close the WGC completely (including from the task bar), and reboot it.

It will restart the download from where it got stuck.

It is an issue we are still investigating a fix for.

Fem, 

• Cool 1

[BOTST]
Members
175 posts
2,855 battles
Just now, Femennenly said:

Hi Trident,

Please close the WGC completely (including from the task bar), and reboot it.

It will restart the download from where it got stuck.

It is an issue we are still investigating a fix for.

Fem, 

Hi Fem,

Tried that a couple of times before I posted :)

But thank you! Glad to know it's being worked on!

I'm not used to getting answer because I'm on a Mac and nothing has worked right since the beginning of August for us on Macs.

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,281 posts
19,393 battles
Just now, Trident55 said:

Hi Fem,

Tried that a couple of times before I posted :)

But thank you! Glad to know it's being worked on!

I'm not used to getting answer because I'm on a Mac and nothing has worked right since the beginning of August for us on Macs.

Oh, Mac is another beast I will admit since we do not have a native client for it.

I would suggest nudging the Mac Support thread for this matter in that case. 

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
14,361 posts
20,908 battles

NVM its a MAC

You need to split the HD to a PC/MAC hybrid THEN load the game on your PC side of your mac...

OR get a PC

Edited by Navalpride33

[BOTST]
Members
175 posts
2,855 battles
26 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Oh, Mac is another beast I will admit since we do not have a native client for it.

Mac Support Thread knows all about it - it's impacting all Mac users. We've not been able to play since the beginning of August. They're saying maybe October there will be a fix. But that doesn't help us who have lost 90 days of premium game time.

[BOTST]
Members
175 posts
2,855 battles
On 9/16/2019 at 12:13 PM, Femennenly said:

Any updates on when this download issue will be fixed? Anyone? Am I the only person this impacting because I've posted this in several places and no response.

[BUSHI]
[BUSHI]
Members
67 posts
10,132 battles
On 9/16/2019 at 12:13 PM, Femennenly said:

If you look at the Mac support forum you'll see the number of posts from people asking for help and providing crash files.  Wargaming advertises playability on a Mac, but that is not a true statement.  We have all lost tons of playing time, battles, and reputation while trying to get it to work.  The biggest issue I have is no one is keeping us updated on status.  A lot of players have just stopped spending money or, as @Trident55 has stated, lost months of premium time.  Like an idiot I keep trying, hoping, and providing feedback through extremely frustrating times.  Maybe you can nudge the powers that be to help us.

Edited by Barleywine

[BUSHI]
[BUSHI]
Members
67 posts
10,132 battles
On 9/16/2019 at 12:16 PM, Navalpride33 said:

NVM its a MAC

You need to split the HD to a PC/MAC hybrid THEN load the game on your PC side of your mac...

OR get a PC

Why should Mac players have to do anything but load and play?  The Wargaming website indicates the game is Mac compatible. They should either make it so or remove the ability to play on Mac's completely and stop stealing peoples money.

[WORX]
Members
14,361 posts
20,908 battles
51 minutes ago, Barleywine said:

Why should Mac players have to do anything but load and play?  The Wargaming website indicates the game is Mac compatible. They should either make it so or remove the ability to play on Mac's completely and stop stealing peoples money.

Um WG does advise you of what you're getting into when DL the MAC client... Here is what I it says when I DL the MAC version

PLEASE NOTE: This is a special wrapper provided by CodeWeavers—a third party company working in cooperation with Wargaming—and is currently still in beta testing. Because of this we’re only able to offer limited support to players using this software, though we’re happy to resolve any issues where we can. If you encounter any bugs or problems with the wrapper or running the game through it, please report them via this dedicated forum thread. Our team will do their best to find a solution and post it there.

I know reading is just to OP :Smile_facepalm:

Edited by Navalpride33

[BUSHI]
[BUSHI]
Members
67 posts
10,132 battles
22 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Um WG does advise you of what you're getting into when DL the MAC client... Here is what I it says when I DL the MAC version

PLEASE NOTE: This is a special wrapper provided by CodeWeavers—a third party company working in cooperation with Wargaming—and is currently still in beta testing. Because of this we’re only able to offer limited support to players using this software, though we’re happy to resolve any issues where we can. If you encounter any bugs or problems with the wrapper or running the game through it, please report them via this dedicated forum thread. Our team will do their best to find a solution and post it there.

Your right, it is been in Beta test for 3 years or more and they still take money from folks.  Poor business model as they take the money and when the game fails or they have months of being basically unplayable don't offer a means for people to get compensated.  That's my biggest [edited].

[WORX]
Members
14,361 posts
20,908 battles
16 minutes ago, Barleywine said:

more and they still take money from folks.  Poor business model as they take the money and when the game fails or they have months of being basically unplayable don't offer a means for people to get compensated.

This is an untrue statement... You spend money on a game client, NOT on anything that is MAC related... In other words

The MAC client is free and it sucks we good it... IT no way no how entails the user to spend money WHEN they dont need too.

Besides regardless, on what items are spent. Rest assured any items spent will still be in the client regardless if you use a MAC or PC.

You paid nothing for the MAC client, and the items in the store loaded in the client are accessible by MAC and PC.. I dont see the "MAC users should be compensated" claim... Under what grounds ???

Yes the client has been in beta for the whole life of WOWS I get it...

There is nothing in the client that anyone paid for that is MAC specific or MAC only for which compensation is a viable choice.

Just get a PC problem solved... I posted recent recommendations for today's resource usage and future usage in the forums.

GL/HF

Edited by Navalpride33

[BUSHI]
[BUSHI]
Members
67 posts
10,132 battles
2 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

This is an untrue statement... You spend money on a game client, NOT on anything that is MAC related... In other words

The MAC client is free and it sucks we good it... IT no way no how entails the user to spend money WHEN they dont need too.

Besides regardless, on what items are spent. Rest assured any items spent will still be in the client regardless if you use a MAC or PC.

You paid nothing for the MAC client, and the items in the store loaded in the client are accessible by MAC and PC.. I dont see the "MAC users should be compensated" claim... Under what grounds ???

Yes the client has been in beta for the whole life of WOWS I get it...

There is nothing in the client that anyone paid for that is MAC specific or MAC only for which compensation is a viable choice.

Just get a PC problem solved... I posted recent recommendations for today's resource usage and future usage in the forums.

GL/HF

Point taken.  Maybe Wargaming can make statement within the whole code weavers thing that they have been in beta test from the beginning and invest money at your own risk if playing on a MAC. Also, maybe tell them to read the Mac Wrapper forums prior to making the leap into the game.

A new PC is not an option at this time.

Good luck to you also.  Maybe we will meet in a random at some point and, if I don't crash, have fun.  :-)

[BOTST]
Members
175 posts
2,855 battles
7 hours ago, Barleywine said:

If you look at the Mac support forum you'll see the number of posts from people asking for help and providing crash files.  Wargaming advertises playability on a Mac, but that is not a true statement.  We have all lost tons of playing time, battles, and reputation while trying to get it to work.  The biggest issue I have is no one is keeping us updated on status.  A lot of players have just stopped spending money or, as @Trident55 has stated, lost months of premium time.  Like an idiot I keep trying, hoping, and providing feedback through extremely frustrating times.  Maybe you can nudge the powers that be to help us.

Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 6.31.51 PM.png

[BOTST]
Members
175 posts
2,855 battles
7 hours ago, Barleywine said:

As for me, I'm actually over it at this point. I'm going on the attack. Aside from my nephew, who has about 40K followers on his gaming blog, I'm going to use every bit of SEO I know to get the truth out - this company cares nothing about playability - just dollars. Their support is non-existent. They leave their players uninformed about anything that's not related to them making money. That after weeks  and months of not being able to play the game, after spending money based on their lies, after practically begging them for information - they remain silent. On top of all that they still advertise - and push - that they're Mac ready - which is total [edited]. All the time I was spending playing I'm going to spend warning everyone about this game - pity for them I have lots of time on my hands. 

• Cool 1

[BOTST]
Members
175 posts
2,855 battles
5 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

That's after - their website recognizes and points you to a Mac download and they display that they're compatible with Mac - so the "PLEASE NOTE" is just [edited].

Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 6.31.51 PM.png

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[NOKAP]
Members
52 posts
5,464 battles

This is happening to a buddy of mine who runs Windows. He has never had a problem before until this week. It's been 3 days and he is still stuck as 0 download speed. I feel you Trident. Have you tried VPN? 

Members
2 posts
245 battles

I see the problem with the download falling to Zero has still not been solved as I am still getting the same problem now.

I am on a windows 10 PC.

[WOLFA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,360 posts
44 minutes ago, Gallidon666 said:

I see the problem with the download falling to Zero has still not been solved as I am still getting the same problem now.

I am on a windows 10 PC.

pre-installed yesterday and was fine, no reason to wait for day of  :Smile-_tongue:

Members
2 posts
245 battles
4 minutes ago, Ozium said:

pre-installed yesterday and was fine, no reason to wait for day of  :Smile-_tongue:

pre-install is the same can take 3 to 4 days to get no matter if you restart or not.

had this problem now for months every time there is an update.

[WOLFA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,360 posts
49 minutes ago, Gallidon666 said:

pre-install is the same can take 3 to 4 days to get no matter if you restart or not.

had this problem now for months every time there is an update.

put in ticket with wg-check data?  as it shouldn't be so consistently slow

Members
3 posts
1,500 battles
On 6/10/2020 at 9:51 AM, Ozium said:

put in ticket with wg-check data?  as it shouldn't be so consistently slow

Putting in a ticket does nothing. They tell you to talk to you ISP or get a VPN. Cant even get your premium ships swapped to a different account. Such Bull. Ive had this issue for a while now. I have looked up the ports, port forwarded every single port available, made sure theyre open. I have also checked my internet speed which I know is fine, but it still always gets stuck. Wargaming really needs to fix this or allow people to transfer premium content to an alternate account, like steam. That would fix my issue.  

Sign in to follow this