You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Lag spikes or game lock ups

20 comments in this topic

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
16,509 battles

Anyone else been having these a lot lately?  I have, sometimes it's so bad I just have to leave the game.  Once I was in smoke in a DD and shooting my guns in succession, not salvoing. And the lag spikes/lock ups were so frequent that I was just salvoing.  I wish I could show it, but it doesn't show up in replays.  I've missed attack runs with CV's, aim has been off with BB salvo's because my aim was off as a result.

Another issue is, now if the game crashes (which happens pretty frequently) the app freezes, I can't ALT-F4, can't go to my task manager to end the process, I HAVE to reset my computer....

Before people troll that it is my system, I have a very good gaming rig, I run BFV, DIV2 etc, all on Ultra settings and never have issues like I do with Warships.  Any and all issues are only when playing WoWs. I've been monitoring my ISP, no issues there, lowered the graphics to the bottom settings, still happens...  so don't know what is going on.

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,281 posts
19,345 battles

Heyo Hapa,

I have not heard widespread reports of this occurring so it does sound like a more localized issue.

I would suggest a complete reinstall of the game the considering you state it has been this way for awhile.

I would also do a local driver check for your PC and ensure that your drivers are completely up to date.

Fem, 

• Cool 1

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
16,509 battles
3 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Heyo Hapa,

I have not heard widespread reports of this occurring so it does sound like a more localized issue.

I would suggest a complete reinstall of the game the considering you state it has been this way for awhile.

I would also do a local driver check for your PC and ensure that your drivers are completely up to date.

Fem, 

I would like to agree too, because it doesn't seem like a lot of people have these issues, HOWEVER, I have had multiple people over the past week or two when I ask in game, or in my discord about it, say it does happen to them.

I already uninstalled and re-installed the game and it still happens.  Let me clarify, this isn't a constant thing. But it always does seem to happen at the most un-opportune times. As these things seem to always happen.

The game crashes that seem to lock up my computer have been happening for about a month or more. And I have had multiple people tell me they've had the same issue.  Currently I'm digging into my computer to see if there is a fix as well, but it is ONLY with World of Warships so I am not sure what to do.

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,281 posts
19,345 battles
2 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

I would like to agree too, because it doesn't seem like a lot of people have these issues, HOWEVER, I have had multiple people over the past week or two when I ask in game, or in my discord about it, say it does happen to them.

I already uninstalled and re-installed the game and it still happens.  Let me clarify, this isn't a constant thing. But it always does seem to happen at the most un-opportune times. As these things seem to always happen.

The game crashes that seem to lock up my computer have been happening for about a month or more. And I have had multiple people tell me they've had the same issue.  Currently I'm digging into my computer to see if there is a fix as well, but it is ONLY with World of Warships so I am not sure what to do.

Considering this, I would recommend running a WGCheck and submitting that through the support system.

They'll be able to provide more insight into what may be the issue.

Better instructions can be found: 

Fem, 

• Cool 1

[NWS]
Members
282 posts
8,900 battles

Since update, i can't launch wow at all, and I'm playing through steam. nevermind, since validating its really slow but game has lanuched.

Edited by CrusaderQueen

[WAR-S]
[WAR-S]
Members
110 posts
18,285 battles

Same happens to me like with Hapa_Fodder. It's a sporadic thing that may occur a few times a month where my game will totally lock-up playing or coming out of a match. Sometimes when playing the freeze may last a minute or two then snaps out of it and game plays ok. A few times I've had to reboot when it didn't come out of it.

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
16,509 battles

@Femennenly SO, between when I posted this and today, I got a brand new computer....  A Corsair One, bought it for Ghost Recon Breakpoint coming out, but I digress.  And this has happened TWICE to me.  It JUST happened in the last battle, ran the check and had no errors.  The game locks up, I cant "Alt-F4" out I can't bring my Task Manager to the front to even end the task.  There is an error message that comes up, but I can't even look at it because the locked up screen stays maximized.  So NOW this is happening on two VERY powerful computers with ONLY World of Warships.  This happens infrequently. So its not so much a big deal, but this IS an issue.... I can't really put a ticket in for this as there is no way to show proof or anything.

[WULUF]
Members
2 posts
7,629 battles

@Femennenly I'm not sure how you define wide spread, but I regularly see the problem and I regularly see comments from people who had this problem.  Each evening I see ships that never join the game.  I have to believe that most of them are for this very reason. It sure sounds pretty wide spread.

Then when we get disconnected from the game, *WE* get penalized. Really, do the administrators believe that is appropriate.

• Cool 1

Members
1 post
204 battles

my game freezes every 20 seconds or so as well. The HP people thought it had to do with a new windows update that doesn't have a fix. I sent a ticket and was told just to send them a video.  

no response at all since I sent it. 

• Cool 1

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
16,509 battles

I have been saying for about a year now I think a lot of the "AFK'rs" aren't actually AFK... I would not be surprised if most of them have crashed.  I have several clan mates that have crashed in the past and they couldn't get logged back in even...  so I think this is more of a widespread problem than people realize.  Talking to people, they do the "check" and submit tickets but all too often the responses to the tickets basically are "fixes" that people have already tried or flat out they're told it's an issue on their end.

I apologize if I am feeding the troll in this respect but this is quite frustrating...

Members
149 posts
6,005 battles

This has been happening to me constantly the last couple of days. Game lags, ship stops and then leaps ahead, guns won't track properly or won't fire, or game just plain loses connection .... on and on. The game is unplayable like this. I've run the "Check Integrity and Repair" system and it makes no difference. Something is seriously wrong here - I play at least a couple of games every day, and although there would occasionally be lag problems it was nothing like this previously.

Edited by Fitzwalrus

[CWD]
Members
40 posts
9,962 battles

Ditto.

Never had hard crash before like this and no changes to the computer as well as no problem with other games.

I will say that the timing seems to be after I play awhile. I watch system temps/fps etc. no change no over temp. cpu or gpu.

Will try diag etc.

Members
149 posts
6,005 battles

Problem is still going on. Had a few days when the game almost played normally, but just now played two Co-Op games, lagged in both, and lost connection four times within 25 minutes - and two of the disconnects were in port while I was setting up my ship.

This is ridiculous.

[NWOC]
Members
1,072 posts
15,899 battles
On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 7:44 PM, Hapa_Fodder said:

I have been saying for about a year now I think a lot of the "AFK'rs" aren't actually AFK... I would not be surprised if most of them have crashed.

Yo Hapa, There two members in my clan that get freeze ups at least five out of seven days. One in US and the other in NZ. Identical to yours. Personally, maybe once a week or so, but as the op stated, we get 'unsporting conduct' penalties. My last freeze was Tuesday. By the time I got back into game, I was pink for three. It took eight minutes to get back. Like you folks I have a powerful purpose built gaming computer. 

Members
18 posts
16,229 battles

since the last patch or 2 i have had a lower fps and my ping is usally 36 to 46 ms it maybe because im using wireless network but i iliterally had my russian captain thats supposed to extinguish all fires and floods not do so and then i was dead and burning  dont know why it was like i teleported to death also How do you call WG a Sanfransico Cooksucker im tired of my premium ships getting screwed over or my captains that i worked my  butt off to get also like to say i have no mods installed nor have there ever been so there is no reason i should need the check tool although i will try the sugguestion just in case your right

Edited by telescopedepth

[GOBI]
Members
1,087 posts
4,916 battles

I just had this happen to me, internet was fine. Right at start of battle clock still counting down. Last night I was getting lag in a couple of battles, makes shooting hard. I've been think it was my ISP but they were out yesterday for 2 hours and said everything was fine.

Members
877 posts
6,656 battles
On 10/7/2019 at 2:44 PM, telescopedepth said:

since the last patch or 2 i have had a lower fps and my ping is usally 36 to 46 ms it maybe because im using wireless network but i iliterally had my russian captain thats supposed to extinguish all fires and floods not do so and then i was dead and burning  dont know why it was like i teleported to death also How do you call WG a Sanfransico Cooksucker im tired of my premium ships getting screwed over or my captains that i worked my  butt off to get also like to say i have no mods installed nor have there ever been so there is no reason i should need the check tool although i will try the sugguestion just in case your right

Not just you.  I typically have a 10-11ms ping with my ISP, but averages 35-50ms when connected to WG.  While it's understood that there will be some additional lag when connecting to additional servers, this is a little excessive, especially because our framerate is inversely tied to the lag.  (just watch your fps...as lag goes up, fps goes down)

The Mac community has been experiencing a larger number of these UI freezes since the 64-bit wrapper was released.  Only it's not really a 64-bit wrapper.  It's actually a 32-bit wrapper running inside a 64-bit emulator because Wineskin doesn't have a 64-bit version yet (I know Paul the Tall in the Total War modders community).  I identified a possible bug there because there spawn multiple instances of the WG client (usually 5) which compete for device input.

For the rest - are you also getting multiple instances of the WG WoWs client?  It might explain some things.

Members
19 posts
24,007 battles

I opened a support ticket on something like this. In my case my C.P.U spikes to 99.99% and my fps drops to 5. I can't see anything in front of me when this happens and the enemy just kills me. Before loading WOW my cpu is around 7%.

Supports answer to this issue was to take my pc in for fan repairs!!!!!

Dear Tuco_30,

According to the Core Temp report, there is probably CPU overheating which causes CPU Throttling (your CPU cores speed reduces down to 1000 MHz). 

We recommend you to carry out the maintenance of your PC's cooling system or contact the service center for this procedure.

Should you encounter any future concerns or questions, please feel free to contact us.

Here is my initial support ticket.

Game lags are too intense to pay game. 

1 . CPU spikes to 99.99% when in battle 
2. can not see enemy ships just icon above ship 
3. mini map loses position of my ship due to lag time. 
4. can not monitor the direction of my ship.
WGCheck is attached as well.

Edited by Tuco_30