You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Elias_K_Grodin

Update 0.8.8 - Sound Engine: Bug Reports

55 comments in this topic

Members
1,806 posts
11,098 battles

Ahoy Fleet!

The Update 0.8.8 is here, so please provide Sound Engine bug reports you may encounter here. 

Please also check our little guide on how to report a bug here: 

Spoiler

If you're fairly certain you've encountered a bug, we'd like to encourage you to submit it to the Game Support section of the WoWS ticket queues, within a section where bugs are asked for, or to create a post within this sub-forum.

Remove your mods and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit. 

I do ask that you please provide any and all information that you can when reporting an issue. 

Something that I have noticed that really helps in tracking this sort of thing is if you fill out the following information: 

Issue: This is where you should explain the problem that you're having.

Expected Result: Tell us what should be happening.
How to Replicate: Give us exampleson
 how to reproduce this bug.
Screenshots/Replay/Supporting Info: Screenshots and Replays go a long way, so having this ready to go will really help. 

Just some friendly reminders of what a bug is NOT:

An aspect of game design that you disagree with ("This ship needs to be buffed" "That ship needs to be nerfed" "The ocean is the wrong shade of blue")
Items that you feel are missing from your account (almost always this is a problem with your payment method for premium stuff or an interface confusion for the rest)
Historical Inaccuracies
Issues related to your installed mods. - Remove your mods, if you gave any, and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit.
We reserve the right to add to this list :trollface :

Forgot to mention, Remove your mods and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit. 

For each report Please make sure to attach WG Check tool report to your reports! That will help us to better understand the nature of the issue you're experiencing.

You can find the instructions on how to use that tool here: 

Spoiler

Below I have included a download link to our WG Check tool. This diagnostic tool can be used for World of Tanks, World of Warships, and World of Warplanes.

This tool can be used as a way to run a diagnostic check on your game client, check to see if you're missing any game files (it will try and repair them if possible), and to gather necessary information our support team might need to address any tech/bug related issues. 

Once you have downloaded it, open the zip file and run the WGCheck.exe. After it has launched, please select the World of Warships icon and locate its directory. The default location is **C:\Games\World_of_Warships**

- Check the box labeled, *Add game client to the firewall exceptions*.

- Check the box labeled, *Extended network diagnostics*.

- Start the integrity check by selecting the orange *Start Diagnostics* button.

Be patient, it will take some time to finish.

In many instances, this should repair or at the very least diagnose what issue you may be having. 

If it doesn't resolve your issue, then I would like to ask that you please submit a support ticket to our CS team and please send us the WGCheck log that generates after the program has completed its check.

If the file size is too large for the support system, you may have to place it within a .zip file.

Lastly, if you have any mods installed on your PC, please remove them and run the check tool again (check your game client as well to see if removing the mod helped) before sending your info to us here in support. 

If you're trying to report any technical issue, please make sure to attach WG Check report to your posts. 

If you'd like to leave feedback on the latest content or updates, you can drop them here!

#anchorsaweigh

[NEIN]
Beta Testers
22 posts
5,420 battles

Issue: No volume control on Gun sounds, always at maximum.

expected result : lowering the Volume should lower it.
unsure how to replicate.

image.thumb.png.a109e216d6c3e61ac1c11b61513b3620.png

Current audio settings. not changed from pre-patch, aside from moving gunfire volume, everything else is fine. video has been taken in training room with a friend to show that all other volumes are unaffected, including carrier attack volumes.

issue seems to affect only select gun calibers, mostly battleships, maybe an issue with the new sound files ?

WoWS_report.wgc

• Cool 3

[NWS]
Members
282 posts
8,915 battles

Yeuyang teir 10 dd has no gunfire sounds. Have tried turning up the audio for it and also ambience, still do not hear anything. But cannot have the bar 3/4 of the way along because then when using a different type of ship like a bb, its way too loud, would have to keep alternating between the different types.

Also a problem with no sound on Tier 9 Neptune british ca. it seems bb's too loud, and ca/dd's not loud enough.

Edited by CrusaderQueen
  • Cool 2

Members
1,806 posts
11,098 battles
38 minutes ago, CrusaderQueen said:

Yeuyang teir 10 dd has no gunfire sounds. Have tried turning up the audio for it and also ambience, still do not hear anything. But cannot have the bar 3/4 of the way along because then when using a different type of ship like a bb, would have to keep alternating between the types and this won't do.

Also a problem with no sound on Tier 9 Neptune british ca.

I tested playing my Neptune with Riviera camo in random and had no problems with sound. Make sure if you are running any UI mods to disable them as they are likely not updated to 0.8.8 yet.

If you still have problems with sound, perform a WGcheck and repair from the WG launcher.

#anchorsaweigh

• Boring 1

[NWS]
Members
282 posts
8,915 battles
32 minutes ago, Gneisenau013 said:

I tested playing my Neptune with Riviera camo in random and had no problems with sound. Make sure if you are running any UI mods to disable them as they are likely not updated to 0.8.8 yet.

If you still have problems with sound, perform a WGcheck and repair from the WG launcher.

#anchorsaweigh

I play through steam so cannot do a repair. maybe the update is not available on steam yet. I do not use mods whatsoever. Maybe its just in coop, the problem I'm not sure. 

Edited by CrusaderQueen
  • Cool 1

[KAPPA]
Members
1,610 posts
8,960 battles

My biggest gripe is after playing with my volume sliders for over an hour, I still can't get my music to not be drowned out by everything else. I'm fine with most of the new sounds (though a few tweaks could be done), but not being able to hear my music properly despite it being set at max volume is a problem for me. I've previously had to use sound file editing software to boost the base volume on many of these songs to hear them clearly on the old sound engine and don't think they'd come out particularly well if I had to do it again to them, in my experience boosting the volume twice on the same file does not usually do wonders for the sound quality. I'm using the Ultra sound quality setting, and started today without any mods before adding back the one little flag mod I use (I don't see how that would affect it anyway). I've been using the 'add your own' music option since it's introduction and with the exception of the one time a previous update broke that, I haven't stopped using it. I think like some other people have suggested, there might be an issue with normalization of certain sounds and/or some sounds are coupled to volume sliders that are not intuitive to most of us users.

• Cool 1

[UNHLY]
Members
115 posts
14,543 battles

I have  issues with balance. Main Guns on BBs are WAY too loud. If I set them at a tolerable level then play other type boat, gun sounds are too low. Also I can't hear the secondaries or AA at a level where the BB guns are not blowing out my eardrums 

• Cool 4

[NWS]
Members
282 posts
8,915 battles
14 minutes ago, roytwo said:

I have  issues with balance. Main Guns on BBs are WAY too loud. If I set them at a tolerable level then play other type boat, gun sounds are too low. Also I can't hear the secondaries or AA at a level where the BB guns are not blowing out my eardrums 

There are many people with these problems since the update, so If wow would like to just acknowledge that, instead of trying to blame the end user that it's their pc,  and find a patch or fix for this, we would all be a lot happier. 

Edited by CrusaderQueen
  • Cool 6

Members
1,806 posts
11,098 battles
5 minutes ago, roytwo said:

shot-19.09.16_15.50.44-0340.jpg

Try adjusting the "Gunfire volume" in audio settings to see if there is a difference.

#anchorsaweigh

• Boring 1

[IXM]
Members
285 posts
5,866 battles
  1. Gunfire sounds are way too loud and inconsistent between ships, calibers, and weapon types (main battery, secondary battery, aircraft, etc.)
  2. Overall volume is much louder than it used to be -- this is at ~1/5th general sound volume slider (but that seems to change with every patch, goddamnit, WG, get your ship together)
  3. Voice lines are drowned out by everything and i can't hear what my commanders are telling me (both vanilla and modded ones, as well as special commanders).
  4. "Player ship destroyed" sound line line is being played for every ship destroyed in the match, for Azur Lane commanders.
  5. "Main battery fire", "Torpedo launch" and "Torpedo hit" sound lines are MIA for HSF/AL captains.
  6. Victory/Defeat/Draw sound lines are MIA too for HSF/AL commanders.
  7. Clock's Tick/Tock sound is out of sync with the wall clock hand movements (not sure if it is new or was like this) in Azur Lane Dorm port.

edit: Hey, also while we're at it, can we have voice slider go 0-200% instead of 0-100%? Please? So We don't have to fiddle with all the other settings that work god-knows-how to try and get voices up a little louder than the rest of them. Because not all sounds are even affected by the sliders...

Edited by Aessaya
  • Cool 8

[UNHLY]
Members
115 posts
14,543 battles

Wait, you are saying the slider labeled  "Gunfire volume" adjusts the volume of the gunfire?  Well if you guys are going to use such cryptic labels for the sliders , how are we big dummies supposed to figure it out?

When I adjust the  "Gunfire volume"  to a level  where the BB big guns don't kill me, I can barely hear the secondaires and AA guns. And then when I switch to a CA or a DD the guns are completely silent if I don't go back and triple the setting  I used for the BB guns. When I first played the montana, with the settings where they have been for  a year or two , When I fired my first salvo,I think I went deaf for ten minutes . Almost knocked me out of my chair. There is a definite issue. I just run your stock game " right out of the box" no modes ,etc

• Cool 4

[NWS]
Members
19 posts
10,104 battles
29 minutes ago, roytwo said:

I have the same problem as you. I have checked my settings. With cruisers I can just hear main guns, with destroyers I can't hear anything and with battleships too loud. It all worked fine before, now it does not.

• Cool 2

[IXM]
Members
285 posts
5,866 battles
2 minutes ago, roytwo said:

Wait, you are saying the slider labeled  "Gunfire volume" adjusts the volume of the gunfire?  Well if you guys are going to use such cryptic labels for the sliders , how are we big dummies supposed to figure it out?

When I adjust the  "Gunfire volume"  to a level  where the BB big guns don't kill me, I can barely hear the secondaires and AA guns. And then when I switch to a CA or a DD the guns are completely silent if I don't go back and triple the setting  I used for the BB guns. When I first played the montana, with the settings where they have been for  a year or two , When I fired my first salvo,I think I went deaf for ten minutes . Almost knocked me out of my chair. There is a definite issue. I just run your stock game " right out of the box" no modes ,etc

Yes, there is a HUGE discrepancy between the volumes of gunfire sounds on ships. Also huge discrepancy in volume of different gunfire sounds on same ship.

• Cool 2

[NWS]
Members
19 posts
10,104 battles
45 minutes ago, CrusaderQueen said:

I play through steam so cannot do a repair. maybe the update is not available on steam yet. I do not use mods whatsoever. Maybe its just in coop, the problem I'm not sure. 

I don't play via steam and I'm still having these issues.

• Cool 1

[UNHLY]
Members
115 posts
14,543 battles
4 minutes ago, Aessaya said:

Yes, there is a HUGE discrepancy between the volumes of gunfire sounds on ships. Also huge discrepancy in volume of different gunfire sounds on same ship.

Exactly, I have tried several settings and none give me  a not too loud Main gun sound with the secondaires and AA at a proper volume. And it varies widely between classes 

Edited by roytwo
spelling

[BB-C4]
Beta Testers
142 posts
11,304 battles

Oddly enough I have the opposite, for me, all the gun sounds and reload(among others) seem to be muted. It sounds like I'm hearing them through a wall and the reverb is also less than it was before. Personally I preferred the variety of gun sounds in the previous patch. The turret traverse is a bit off in terms of volume, my roon it was really loud but on kurfurst it was almost silent.

• Cool 2

[KSE]
Members
96 posts
7,493 battles

Sounds are way to different per ship. Like my BB guns are way to loud, so when i lower gunfire sounds the secondaries and other ships are way to low. And the rumble from the engine at full speed is super annoying.

[WOLFA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,360 posts

when match starts wait for announcer to finish then give a horn toot then use b good luck everyone, but today i don't hear my gl msg voiced. tried skipping horn and it sometimes works but not always ...   changed voice buffer?

[UNHLY]
Members
5,373 posts
14,897 battles

Another report for battleship main batteries being too loud, and not being affected by the pertinent volume slider at all. Cruiser and destroyer guns are fine and follow the setting, as do secondary and aa guns on all ships. Tested in Montana, Georgia, North Carolina, Bismarck, Sinop, and Jean Bart so far, and the guns are too loud on all without turning down my overall computer or game volume. 

Also, I’ve noticed that many sounds in the anniversary port (ship horns, clicks from selecting things) are also much quieter than in the last patch. Not sure if it’s just this port or all ports though. 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07

[MAPO]
Members
17 posts

Volume slider for in port music is non functional when using the "user music" option. The volume slider for in battle music controls music volume for BOTH in port and in battle. Sliders work as they should when not using "user music". This has been broken since 8.1 and despite posting in every bug report thread, has been ignored.  Before 8.1, I could listen to my music during battle and not in port.

Members
9 posts
1,452 battles
4 hours ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Try adjusting the "Gunfire volume" in audio settings to see if there is a difference.

#anchorsaweigh

That a joke, right? 

You've played the game since the sound update, right? So you know exactly what everyone is talking about. Don't pretend its not entirely trashed. How did this leave testing?!

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
9,111 posts
16,890 battles

I'd love to be able to summarize the issues as a bug report, but I can only sum up that 'the sound bloody sucks now'.

• Cool 2