You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
xalmgrey

What an awful day for randoms.

18 comments in this topic

[JEDI-]
Members
2,685 posts
6,946 battles

11 games today all losses. It's like people want to die. They rush in repeatedly and then complain about dying.

They need more than just lame 12v12 randoms. Getting so i don't even want to log in and do them anymore. It's gotten to just be not fun. And i know this game can be fun but it's limitation is the players.

Edited by xalmgrey
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[AK]
Members
298 posts
13,527 battles

Been there before. I usually play a few random matches to grind xp on my tech boat lines. Then I switch to coop to finish out daily missions. Sometimes I win the randoms. Usually I lose. And usually those losses happen when half the team gets blasted 7 minutes into the game.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles
14 minutes ago, CTMAADawson said:

Been there before. I usually play a few random matches to grind xp on my tech boat lines. Then I switch to coop to finish out daily missions. Sometimes I win the randoms. Usually I lose. And usually those losses happen when half the team gets blasted 7 minutes into the game.

Yep, streaks happen both good and bad but we tend to notice the bad ones the most.

• Cool 1

[JEDI-]
Members
2,685 posts
6,946 battles
13 minutes ago, CTMAADawson said:

That is basically my matches in a nut shell lately. Half the team gets blasted and then the other half hangs on for 10 mins but loses in the end. I get we aren't supposed to win all matches but streaks like this only serve to make people walk away from the game. I'm not proposing a fix by any means but it really doesn't help someone have fun when fun is losing no matter how well you perform as a player.

Yes yes i know there's rank play but that's just too toxic for me. Sprints are great, but not frequent enough.

[JEDI-]
Members
2,685 posts
6,946 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

Yep, streaks happen both good and bad but we tend to notice the bad ones the most.

I honestly cannot remember where i went a 11 win streak like ever queuing solo. Losses on the other hand, well there's no shortage of those in the last couple days. 

Thing is with this "streak" is it's lasted all day inbetween taking breaks and doing other things as i've tried really hard to not go on tilt.

I love this game but i'm getting kindy weary of the mechanics. And lack of options.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles
2 minutes ago, pikohan said:

Should stop after three. 

I will continue if I feel I am playing good, which is when the bad streaks are the most frustrating, at least for a few more. If I have been stinking the place up I may not make it to three.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,634 posts
16,867 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

I will continue if I feel I am playing good, which is when the bad streaks are the most frustrating, at least for a few more. If I have been stinking the place up I may not make it to three.

That's a fair point. Given all the steamrolls these days, I would definitely trade a few crappy wins for some well-played losses.

[JEDI-]
Members
2,685 posts
6,946 battles
8 minutes ago, pikohan said:

Should stop after three. 

I've been grinding campaigns which has been the only reason i continued. Stupidly hoping the next match might go better. 

I guess it's no different than gambling. The next one is a winner for sure!

End up going home broke. It's why i don't gamble heh.

Beta Testers
1,310 posts
11,563 battles

Welcome to world of tanks on water

One of my biggest annoyances with this game is the near line per line copy of WoTs absurd vision and spotting system. Its the biggest reason you have constant blow outs like this. Plus, the neurotic addiction to domination style games which encourage players to yolo so Matches end as soon as possible. One lucky DD player or smart CV player gets a team spotted and they are half dead.

Spotting needs to be more limited to ship to ship engagements or slowed down so it's not instantaneous. This is not WoT , DDs are not tank destroyers, and all engaging ships need more parity.

[JEDI-]
Members
2,685 posts
6,946 battles
18 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I think the thing that makes a string of losses sting is when you spend so much time in a match you know is doomed. Two mins into a match where half the team is dead and it takes another 10 to wrap up.

That's 10 mins of demoralizing play time.

[5D]
Members
1,180 posts
16,042 battles
3 hours ago, xalmgrey said:

11 games today all losses. It's like people want to die. They rush in repeatedly and then complain about dying.

They need more than just lame 12v12 randoms. Getting so i don't even want to log in and do them anymore. It's gotten to just be not fun. And i know this game can be fun but it's limitation is the players.

have you ever tough that it could be partially because of you ?  since the only thing in all these match that was probably the only variable that didnt change ....

Members
1,099 posts
3,207 battles

I had 2 days of 20% win rates thanks to abysmal match making. Today I went 9 wins straight, this game is so random in the B S luck department.. 

Edited by LunchCutter

[0456]
Members
501 posts
9,120 battles

i've been getting 'Very Good' to 'Super Unicum' WR % across 2 accounts in Randoms, (even on weekends!) for the last 400 plus battles, so i can't really b*tch

(there's a secret to it)

[YORHA]
Members
5,451 posts
10,751 battles
6 hours ago, dad003 said:

have you ever tough that it could be partially because of you ?  since the only thing in all these match that was probably the only variable that didnt change ....

When you are in the top 3 of your team every time... no.

When you check the stats in-game of the other players in a tier VIII-X match and find out the highest W/R on your team aside from yourself, is 43%... no.

When you are in a tier VII Light Cruiser and you do better that the tier IX Heavy Cruisers and BBs (see above)... no.

I have gone from playing 8-12 games a day down to maybe 3 on average and it is entirely due to the quality of the other players.  I don't see the point of playing a game that ends up making me mad.

[SYN]
Members
5,879 posts
13,316 battles
10 hours ago, xalmgrey said:

Every day is an awful day for randoms.

The amount of sheer stupidity one now regularly sees in matches is almost too much to bear.  Been playing co-ops now more than ever, just to cope.

I dunno.  Maybe it's me...

[HINON]
Members
3,313 posts
29,759 battles

Been there amigo. It's frustrating as hell, and even more so when the win is in the bag and the team throws it in the end because, more damage > win

[CNO]
Members
6,786 posts
20,382 battles
10 hours ago, pikohan said:

Should stop after three. 

There is actually some real probability involved here.  There is the basic 50/50 random part that says a purely equal fest will deliver three straight losses 12.5% of the time.  But there is also a skew factor due to divisions and clans.  If a good division is roaming a tier notch without a similar division for balance, on a low queue night, then the odds really are stacked against you.  Instead of the 12/24 (50%), you are now working a 9/27 (33%) which takes that 12.5% chance of three straight loses to about a 30% chance.  A short break often allows the skew to flush out as the division moves along, a counter division enters the queue, or the queue line increases enough to swamp it.

Edited by Soshi_Sone