You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ThisIsClassic

0.8.8 Patch Notes - T10 SC Confirmed

80 comments in this topic

[WOLF7]
Members
12,615 posts
11 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Welp, time to buy those T10s Ive been holding off on.

Thanks for the update Classic. 

Umm, too late now?:Smile_teethhappy:

it used to be you had to have had them in your fleet by a certain date....that may have changed though if they are using the snowflake mechanic.

Appears to have changed now, since they'll actually let you collect the prizes twice if you reset the line and grind like heck....:Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by awiggin

Members
4,268 posts
15,112 battles
10 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Umm, too late now?:Smile_teethhappy:

it used to be you had to have had them in your fleet by a certain date....that may have changed though if they are using the snowflake mechanic.

Appears to have changed now, since they'll actually let you collect the prizes twice if you reset the line and grind like heck....:Smile_teethhappy:

Yah, either way, this is going to drain most my credits (DM, Montana, Moskava, Mino). Also have to win. But still SC is a SC.

Incoming flags/camos, RNG blesseth me. 

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,781 posts
24,954 battles

Some observations:

• Not sure spending ~80 million to buy 4 super containers is worth it (T10's not in port). I'll need to see what the haul is from others.
  • I assume a win in Co-op counts? It isn't specified in the details but that was how the last two similar events went.
  • Looks like I'm gonna get W. Virgina '41 after completing the fourth directive. I have all the other T6's. Wonder why Makharov isn't listed?
  • I was kinda hoping for the Anniversary cammo this year. Those were quite nice with 50% bonuses on everything. And all in white...

Many thanks WG! This is pretty good.

But where is Ark Royal???

Edited by Khafni

[EQRN]
Members
2,299 posts
21,445 battles

No mention of tech tree, upgrade, or perma camo sales - meh.  No anniversary T8 perma camos.   No xDraconic flags per 1000 battles; they can be earned via containers which themselves are snowflaked or directived.  This anniversary was phoned in :cap_old:

Edited by FrodoFraggin
  • Boring 1

Members
1,072 posts

Note 'free T6 for directives' mechanics: (TL:DR, it will give you one you don't have, unless you have all of them, and then you get doubloons, *NOT* credits.)

Rules of compensation

• If you open a container that drops a ship you already have in your Port, you'll receive another ship from the above list.
  • If you already have all the ships from the list above in your Port when opening a container, you'll receive an amount of doubloons as compensation that corresponds to the cost of the ship which dropped from the container.
  • In addition to the compensation for the ship that you already have in your Port, you'll also receive a Port slot and Commander with 10 skill points. If you don't have a vacant place for this Commander in the Reserve, you'll receive one free of charge.

Also, to address the 'purchased' ships question:

You can get a bonus for each ship only once during Update 0.8.8. Victory Bonuses will also appear on ships purchased, bought back, or obtained from containers in Update 0.8.8

Also, 'Gift' box contents: 5 of the 'special' flags.

Edited by agm114r
  • Cool 2

[USN]
Members
1,747 posts
21,972 battles

bout effing time they came. Nice to see supercontainers for T10s, time to see how good or bad 12 supercontainers are going to be for me (please some decent ships and/or steel), Gift containers seem mediocre though, but it is hard to complain about 5 Draconic flags though.

Thunderer for 252k coal, most expensive coal ship in the game, but I'll probably take it whenever I get enough after getting Smolensk.

Ohio for 62k Research points, was expecting that to be a lot higher, but maybe, just maybe, I'll go for it, but probably after the new year so I don't miss out on losing rewards for not having T10s in my port.

3v3 Clan brawl looks interesting.

three Supercontainers by completing directives, please be nice to me again RNG.

finish all directives and a T6 premium is yours. Please be something good like Molotov or T-61, not Huanghe. 

1 minute ago, FrodoFraggin said:

No mention of tech tree, upgrade, or perma camo sales - meh.  No anniversary T8 perma camos.   No xDraconic flags per 1000 battles; they can be earned via containers which themselves are snowflaked or directived.  This anniversary was phoned in :cap_old:

that stuff is usually announced in a separate article, and I believe it was mentioned that there will be a dedicated article regarding anniversary events at some point around PTS 8.8.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
8,298 posts
6,917 battles

Heh, I have all the Tier VI Premium ships on the list, except Monaghan. So if I do the directives, I'll be doing it to get her. However, is she worth it to do all that work?  I think I'm going to have to think about that. I already read Miss Maus' review, and watched Youtube videos about the ship from other CC's, when she first came out... but I didn't think much of her at the time. On top of that, a generous person kindly gifted me Sims around the same time (it was during the days when the Operation Dynamo was still around), so I felt like I had no need for Monaghan. Maybe I still don't... lol. :Smile_hiding:

Edited by Blorgh2017

[ARGSY]
Members
2,016 posts
6,271 battles

Nice to see the Thunderer/Ohio out too. To think some of us wasted coal/RP on the Smol and Colbert....(sigh)

I suppose they dropped the flags per 1k battles and awarded X ships instead to punish the clubbers!

Edited by Sumseaman

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
13,216 posts
18,753 battles

Sweet! Looks great. Man that is a lot of camo's to earn.

Members
1,072 posts
50 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Draconic flags included in the 'snowflake' portion.  Gift box = 5 'special' flags.

Members
1,072 posts
6 minutes ago, Sumseaman said:

I suppose they dropped the flags per 1k battles and awarded X ships instead to punish the clubbers!

'Gift' boxes from the snowflake portion = 5 'special' flags

Members
1,072 posts
13 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Heh, I have all the Tier VI Premium ships on the list, except Monaghan. So if I do the directives, I'll be doing it to get her. However, is she worth it to do all that work?  I think I'm going to have to think about that. I already read Miss Maus' review, and watched Youtube videos about the ship from other CC's, when she first came out... but I didn't think much of her at the time. On top of that, a generous person kindly gifted me Sims around the same time (it was during the days when the Operation Dynamo was still around), so I felt like I had no need for Monaghan. Maybe I still don't... lol. :Smile_hiding:

Other 3 directives = 1 SC each, so just the 4th directive is the 'extra work' for the ship, imo.  If I do it, it'll just be for T6 level doubloons.  I have all of them.

[ARGSY]
Members
2,016 posts
6,271 battles
2 minutes ago, agm114r said:

'Gift' boxes from the snowflake portion = 5 'special' flags

Yes I know. Silly joke. Good way to do it really. I think the collectors should always be rewarded, truly equals the effort they've spent.

[JEDI-]
Members
2,685 posts
6,946 battles

Ahh thanks for the notes. I'm happy i filled my remaining port slots up with tier 8-9 ships i sold before just in case they did this. Only three T10 but i guess it's better than nothing. :Smile_coin:

[EQRN]
Members
2,299 posts
21,445 battles
17 minutes ago, agm114r said:

Draconic flags included in the 'snowflake' portion.  Gift box = 5 'special' flags.

In the past they were dolled out simply on the battles played.  The method they are using this year will hand out much fewer than in years past.

Members
1,072 posts
Just now, FrodoFraggin said:

In the past they were dolled out simply on the battles played.  The method they are using this year will hand out much fewer than in years past.

Unless you're a collector, then you'll get more than I would have gotten.  Just distributed differently.  By ship, not by battles.  Can't make everyone happy.

[PVE]
Members
20,171 posts
13,061 battles
1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

So, I'll get 1 gift container.

Yay.

There was much rejoicing...

/s

That's what I got last year, so 3 for me this year. Hopefully even more next year.

1 hour ago, sansfaille said:

No flags for every 1000 battles played makes me sad :(

You get 5 per T8 ship and 10 per T9 ship (in containers). If you reset the line, you get the flags for the ones you reset and can again if you regrind it appears. Only one SC tho.

[PVE]
Members
20,171 posts
13,061 battles
1 minute ago, agm114r said:

Unless you're a collector, then you'll get more than I would have gotten.  Just distributed differently.  By ship, not by battles.  Can't make everyone happy.

Exactly

[EQRN]
Members
2,299 posts
21,445 battles
1 minute ago, agm114r said:

I don’t think the collectors will benefit either, it depends on how you interpret the container description.  We’ll find out tomorrow.  Last year it was 10(?) of *all* draconic signals per 1000 battles.  The gift container might be giving 5 *of one type* of draconic signal per qualifying ship.