Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
fbrrhd

Imagine if you SELL Free premiums

12 comments in this topic

[WOLFB]
Members
1,038 posts
38,638 battles

No worries about credit but 1/2 the free XP or coal, or steel back would be nice for some of the dogs! If we could sell them back!!

(cough cough ,,, Azuma cough )

Edited by fbrrhd
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
26,737 posts
32,132 battles

Actually, the Azuma is thoroughly playable, and it's a better money maker than the Yoshino.  (There was a thread a few weeks back that compared the money making capabilities of tier 9 vs tier 10 premium ships, and found that the tier 9 premiums were generally better money makers.)

• Cool 1

[CYNIC]
[CYNIC]
Members
9,236 posts
12,696 battles
10 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Actually, the Azuma is thoroughly playable, and it's a better money maker than the Yoshino.  (There was a thread a few weeks back that compared the money making capabilities of tier 9 vs tier 10 premium ships, and found that the tier 9 premiums were generally better money makers.)

No, Azuma is not "thoroughly playable", unless by that you mean "You can take it to a battle like every other ship", because she's awful in every sense of the word, and that means she also makes no credits. Azuma is hands down one of the worst ships WG has released for this game. Period.

[MISRY]
Members
1,052 posts
7,672 battles
Just now, TheKrimzonDemon said:

No, Azuma is not "thoroughly playable", unless by that you mean "You can take it to a battle like every other ship", because she's awful in every sense of the word, and that means she also makes no credits. Azuma is hands down one of the worst ships WG has released for this game. Period.

Maybe learn to play it? It's highest in dmg per battle and 3rd highest in WR of all T9 cruisers.  It was also a beast in ranked. 

[USN]
Members
1,753 posts
22,014 battles
27 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

It's highest in dmg per battle

being relegated to a back line HE spammer tends to make damage numbers high, plus having 10k more health than any other non supercruisers at your tier means it will (on paper) survive longer under fire versus say, Ibuki or St. Louis

29 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

3rd highest in WR of all T9 cruisers.

could that be because most of the people who have it are good at the game, so they know how to make it work, then move on to a ship that is actually good.

I'm also going to take a wild guess that the 2nd and highest WR of T9 cruisers are Kron and Alaska.

Members
768 posts
18,340 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

Actually, the Azuma is thoroughly playable...

Let's not present opinions as facts.

[SALVO]
Members
26,737 posts
32,132 battles
1 hour ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

I average 92k damage in my Azuma, which tells me that she's playable.  Is she good?  Not really.  There are a lot of things that I don't like about the Azuma and Yoshino.  I don't like that they're both overly squishy, which, IMO, turns them into long range kiters who are rightly afraid to get closer out of fear of getting spanked by just about anything with 8" guns or larger.  I don't like that their AP shells are rather weak, which in combination with her weak armor makes her little more than a long range HE spamming kiter, which is rather boring for many.  But she *IS* playable.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
26,737 posts
32,132 battles
10 minutes ago, yacskn said:

Sorry, but anyone who thinks that the Azuma isn't playable has a screw loose.  Saying that she's playable isn't the same thing as saying that she's good.

People don't think that the Marblehead is particularly good, but she is very playable.  I don't think that the Indianapolis is particularly good, but she too is playable.

In short, playable =\= good.  But "playable" ships can be played and played well, and can make good credits.  

To me, the Azuma isn't the worst ship or premium in the game.  I personally feel that the Krazny Krym is much worse.  Playable (barely), but definitely worse.  The KK feels more like a tier 4.25 rather than a tier 5.  I'm not even sure that I'd call the KK OP at tier 4.

Members
768 posts
18,340 battles
26 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Sorry, but anyone who thinks that the Azuma isn't playable has a screw loose.  Saying that she's playable isn't the same thing as saying that she's good.

People don't think that the Marblehead is particularly good, but she is very playable.  I don't think that the Indianapolis is particularly good, but she too is playable.

In short, playable =\= good.  But "playable" ships can be played and played well, and can make good credits.  

To me, the Azuma isn't the worst ship or premium in the game.  I personally feel that the Krazny Krym is much worse.  Playable (barely), but definitely worse.  The KK feels more like a tier 4.25 rather than a tier 5.  I'm not even sure that I'd call the KK OP at tier 4.

Nowhere in the OP's OP did he claim that Azuma is unplayable.

You missed the entire point of the thread and went straight to claiming how wrong he is about the Azuma, not only as if it's relevant to the topic (given the thread is not about Azuma at all), but as if he stated a falsehood.

In any case, it's still your opinion. I happen to think Krasny is not only an adequate ship for its tier, but that it's actually good.

image.thumb.png.dc7fd20150eafaca9ec44cdfe81b5d96.png

But I'm not going to reply to a completely unrelated thread, going; "Achktually, Krasny is thoroughly playable..." as if it's a fact... or as if anyone solicited any opinion on that particular topic.

You derailed the guy's thread before it even started.

Edited by yacskn
  • Boring 2

[PVE]
Members
9,038 posts
25,436 battles
1 hour ago, yacskn said:

2 hours ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

Maybe learn to play it? It's highest in dmg per battle and 3rd highest in WR of all T9 cruisers.  It was also a beast in ranked. 

Highest damage/battle of all T9 cruisers & 3rd highest WR...what isn't a fact about it being playable?

You seem to be the 1 expressing opinions...& as that was your 1st comment in the thread how are you not just as guilty of derailing the thread (nothing about that comment seems to be contributing to the OPs OP).

3 hours ago, fbrrhd said:

No worries about credit but 1/2 the free XP or coal, or steel back would be nice for some of the dogs! If we could sell them back!!

(cough cough ,,, Azuma cough )

As to the OP...never sell any premiums.

Fortunately this has never happened to me but I've seen quite a few threads of people selling a premium & then getting the same premium back when they got a Santa/super container.

I can just imagine how much that would irritate me if that happened so just passing the concept on so you don't end up getting an Azuma in your next SC.

• Boring 1

[B2P]
Members
13,459 posts
40,277 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

I average 92k damage in my Azuma, which tells me that she's playable.  Is she good?  Not really.  There are a lot of things that I don't like about the Azuma and Yoshino.  I don't like that they're both overly squishy, which, IMO, turns them into long range kiters who are rightly afraid to get closer out of fear of getting spanked by just about anything with 8" guns or larger.  I don't like that their AP shells are rather weak, which in combination with her weak armor makes her little more than a long range HE spamming kiter, which is rather boring for many.  But she *IS* playable.

I thoroughly enjoy her and also average high damage like you. Last match I came upon a Soyuz at point blank range and two-salvo'd it. Cyclone hid me. But in most cases pushing up in an Azuma is suicide. She's fun to play but hard to win in. Among the ships I have that I average 100K in, she's the only one that I don't have a win rate above 50% in.

Sign in to follow this