Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Cereberus99

Question about boats borderhumping

10 comments in this topic

[REENG]
Beta Testers
139 posts
12,612 battles

Hey, this isn't a question about boats that bounce off the border or are actively playing and are on the edges but about the ones you sometimes see immediately run to the border and grind there, guns static in one direction, being full health until the end of the game. If they were disconnected, as far as I know, the boat should come to a halt and the guns should revert to the start position. What reason would anyone have to do this?

• Funny 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,251 posts
22,540 battles
17 minutes ago, Cereberus99 said:

What reason would anyone have to do this?

If we had a good answer to "Why would a person ever do this stupid thing" the world would be a much better place.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5

[WORX]
Members
14,356 posts
20,908 battles

Stupidity stupidity, humanities quest for understanding stupidity is futile. 

Also, Perfection is unachievable but humanity insist on its existence.

Humans, by nature are flawed in both the above noted areas.

Edited by Navalpride33

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,722 posts
13,410 battles
18 minutes ago, Cereberus99 said:

Hey, this isn't a question about boats that bounce off the border or are actively playing and are on the edges but about the ones you sometimes see immediately run to the border and grind there, guns static in one direction, being full health until the end of the game. If they were disconnected, as far as I know, the boat should come to a halt and the guns should revert to the start position. What reason would anyone have to do this?

Legitimately, only reasons I can see would technical issues or bugs that didn't DC a player but left them in game and unable to see or do anything, rare, but I've seen it in the past. The player is probably trying to figure out what is going on and may not actually DC until they restart. Also could be a player got called away from the computer for an emergency. Also, that should be a rare event.

[LF]
Members
283 posts

Phone call. Not legit but it happens. I don't answer the phone when I'm in battle but some people do......... you know who you are. :Smile_hiding:

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
24,126 battles
54 minutes ago, Cereberus99 said:

What reason would anyone have to do this?

Because they can!

[CO-OP]
Members
2,719 posts
30,125 battles

Simple solution is to have ticking non repairable fire damage whenever you border hump for more than 20 seconds.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,819 posts
38,587 battles

What? They are not trying to run to the next map and hide?

I'll be darned!

Edited by alexf24
  • Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
22,042 battles
1 hour ago, Cereberus99 said:

Some players will hump border because it screws up enemy's ability to aim accurately … they can farm from what looks like a static position

If they have nothing to shoot at that's just camping … the edge of the map is safer than the center 

That's my understanding at least

Edited by Commander_367

[PVE]
Members
9,038 posts
25,427 battles
3 hours ago, Cereberus99 said:

Actually only bots guns revert back to 6:00 & 12:00 (when they don't have a target...not when DCed of course).

Players turrets stay where last aimed when they DC.

Only time a players turrets stay at 6&12 is if they never load into a game.

Sign in to follow this