You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JediMasterDraco

8.8 Patch Notes

87 comments in this topic

[NGA]
Members
2,010 posts
12,594 battles

Is anyone else wondering where the patch notes for 8.8 are? They usually drop them the day before the update goes live and personally, I think I speak for a fair amount of the community when I say that I'm eager to start planning out what I want to accomplish with regards to the anniversary event. Will we be getting another round of Not-So-Super, Somewhat-Super, and Actually-Super Containers. Might the anniversary truly grace us with the opportunity to harvest Steel off our highest tier ships? Will the players find something new to complain about (yeah, that last one's a given but the Complainer's Union probably needs at least sometime to decide what specifically they'll voice their objections too)?

I know some people will want to bring up the test server, but that isn't exactly the best way of learning the specifics of what we can get from an event such as this. If it was, I'd have a lot more Steel than I currently do.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,615 posts
7 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Is anyone else wondering where the patch notes for 8.8 are? They usually drop them the day before the update goes live and personally, I think I speak for a fair amount of the community when I say that I'm eager to start planning out what I want to accomplish with regards to the anniversary event. Will we be getting another round of Not-So-Super, Somewhat-Super, and Actually-Super Containers. Might the anniversary truly grace us with the opportunity to harvest Steel off our highest tier ships? Will the players find something new to complain about (yeah, that last one's a given but the Complainer's Union probably needs at least sometime to decide what specifically they'll voice their objections too)?

I know some people will want to bring up the test server, but that isn't exactly the best way of learning the specifics of what we can get from an event such as this. If it was, I'd have a lot more Steel than I currently do.

They'll release them Tuesday, as usual. :Smile_trollface:

ttu0mka.gif

• Funny 4

[USN]
Members
1,753 posts
22,014 battles

It really is weird patch notes haven't showed up yet, but then again, when was the last time WG released a patch on a day other than Wednesday or Thursday? Maybe this Monday patch was a last second thing and no one told whoever was in charge of releasing the patch notes of the Monday release.

Does @Femennenly or any other Staff member have anything regarding the absence of patch notes?

[INTEL]
Members
3,474 posts
20,558 battles

There's going to be an Anniversary stream tomorrow.  They may want to save the announcements for that time.

[-AFK-]
Members
1,379 posts
16,798 battles
35 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

We'll see em either as the patch is dropped or sometime today, 

[PEKO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
28,089 battles
21 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

There's going to be an Anniversary stream tomorrow.  They may want to save the announcements for that time.

... the server has already been patched and live at the time of the stream...

[PEKO]
7,026 posts
28,089 battles
1 minute ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

Click bait thread is click bait thread.... 

But worked, you are here.

[PVE]
Members
20,171 posts
13,061 battles
39 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

22 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

It's a surprise party.

15 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

I've been wondering the same thing. I'm thinking that Sovereigndawg and ClassicLib have hit on what I think is happening as well. Surprise party!

With the patch hitting tomorrow, I figured that we would get patch notes this weekend, but nothing that I can find, so I dropped in to see if there was anything here.

@Femennenly, @Kami, @turbo07, @Gneisenau013, @TheURLGuy, @Pigeon_of_War, @Sub_Octavian, @KARMAT1KA, @Radar_X, @Weikath, @Umbaretz, @shonai_, @Vessery and any other staff I may have forgotten and apologize for that; are there patch notes hiding somewhere to be released today?

[EQRN]
Members
2,301 posts
21,469 battles

I got bad vibes about this anniversary.  They just had a 25% perma camo sale for T8 and 9, it seems unlikely they’d have a 50% for T5-9 now.  They also had upgrade sales twice in the past month - last year the upgrade sale coincided with a full tech tree sale on the anniversary - would they have a third so soon?  

I hope WG keeping details close to the chest is an indicator of just how awesome the sales and rewards are this year.

[KFL]
[KFL]
591 posts
14,024 battles

Since Siegfried (unconfirmed) is coming out they are holding off on the notes for as long as possible.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,615 posts
11 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I got bad vibes about this anniversary.  They just had a 25% perma camo sale for T8 and 9, it seems unlikely they’d have a 50% for T5-9 now.  They also had upgrade sales twice in the past month - last year the upgrade sale coincided with a full tech tree sale on the anniversary - would they have a third so soon?  

I hope WG keeping details close to the chest is an indicator of just how awesome the sales and rewards are this year.

Or the opposite....:Smile_glasses:

[1984]
Members
4,494 posts
22,239 battles
16 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I've been wondering the same thing. I'm thinking that Sovereigndawg and ClassicLib have hit on what I think is happening as well. Surprise party!

With the patch hitting tomorrow, I figured that we would get patch notes this weekend, but nothing that I can find, so I dropped in to see if there was anything here.

@Femennenly, @Kami, @turbo07, @Gneisenau013, @TheURLGuy, @Pigeon_of_War, @Sub_Octavian, @KARMAT1KA, @Radar_X, @Weikath, @Umbaretz, @shonai_, @Vessery and any other staff I may have forgotten and apologize for that; are there patch notes hiding somewhere to be released today?

Nice to see you back. Some had said you weren’t around anymore.

[USN]
Members
1,753 posts
22,014 battles
18 minutes ago, Condor_Legion said:

Since Siegfried (unconfirmed) is coming out they are holding off on the notes for as long as possible.

Why would they release a ship that almost makes Azuma look like a worthwhile waste of free XP?

• Funny 1

[INTEL]
Members
3,474 posts
20,558 battles

Fem was asked about it in a Twitch stream this morning and she said she does not know why they didn't go out today.  Could be that she knows but it really is a surprise.

[PEKO]
7,026 posts
28,089 battles
12 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

Why would they release a ship that almost makes Azuma look like a worthwhile waste of free XP?

Honestly, I think the same. Feels like a uptiered Gneisenau.

At least they will give us the 4x3 150mm Hipper, but for $$$$$

[NFJF]
Members
707 posts
11,023 battles

Unless there will be some surprise releases of new ships, I'm anticipating this to be another pretty boring and uninteresting patch. Frankly, there hasn't been any content releases that have had me excited since the RU BB line went live. Hope there will be something good, but not getting my hopes up. Been waiting for something new for months now, and I still don't see it on the horizon. 

[SOUP]
Members
9,175 posts
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

Please don't spam staff, they have enough work to do already.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3